Do you believe in psychic abilities and/or magic/k?

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #200550 by OB1Shinobi
ever feel someone staring at you?

thoughts broadcast outward and are picked up all the time - theres no telling how many of the thougts that pass through a persons head in a given day originated somewhere else

the more wrapped up you are in your own internal diaologue (or monologue) the less receptive you are to others and the less likely you will be to recognize what is not yourswhen something does get through

often other peoples thoughts make it into our internal chatter a bit late

intent is a personal force which acts underneath conscious thought - something like knowing and wanting without thinking of what you know and want

i dont know to what extent predetermined ritual actually affects reality - not much inmy experience but my experience in that is limited

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #200552 by
Yes. life is proof of magic.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #200553 by
I do believe in magick. It's extremely powerful.

More
8 years 8 months ago #200554 by Adder

OB1Shinobi wrote: ever feel someone staring at you?

Yep, I think our subconscious can detect the electrical fields of other people, including their brain activity perhaps!! Which we can perhaps 'feel' within ourselves. So then maybe when people focus on similar things, the people involved might experience some subtle entrainment of various systems which drive that inner sensation.

Entrainment (biomusicology), the synchronization of organisms to an external rhythm.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #200555 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: ever feel someone staring at you?

Oh yeah, bigtime, but I was always told I was being paranoid. Being transgender can make one more than a little bit self-conscious, and hyper-aware of the possibility that others may be staring at you. Now whether that was down to an actual phenomenon, or simply my own fears of standing out like a sore thumb is completely up for debate. :laugh:
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #200556 by
Not only do I believe in Magick, I also teach it. (See Grey School of Wizardry)

I've seen and experienced things that can only be described as "paranormal". I do not believe in psychic powers like telepathy or moving things with ones mind, but I do believe in seeing the past and future, using rituals and spells to help shape changes in the self and things around oneself.

For the society, here in Idaho USA at least, Magick is still a touchy subject. There are some occult shops, a few churches and many groups but people still fear what they don't know and instead of asking at the source they ask someone else who doesn't know anything about it but they trust them because the person is of the faith or a pasture in a church. It's like going to a Chevy dealership to ask about Lamborghini's. They can tell you minor details but have no real answers about it. Not to mention they will try to tell you that Lamborghini's are bad and cost too much so you should go with a Chevy. Pastors, priests and people of the faith would do the same. They'll tell you that Magick is bad and you should go with their religion instead.

In the end, it doesn't matter what we believe. It matters what you believe and if you believe in yourself.

MTFBWY and blessed be.
-Silvermane

More
8 years 7 months ago #200559 by Gisteron
I don't. But you already knew that. So let me clarify:
There is a difference between believing in and believing that. So I don't believe in the efficacy of either of those things because they happen to be utterly uneffective whenever tested under ever so remotely controlled conditions. Likewise, I don't believe that they are real because real-ness is a matter of identifiable relations with the rest of reality which these things clearly don't have.
So regardless of whether these things "exist" (whatever that means outside of reality) in any sort of ultimate sense, so long as they remain demonstrably unreliable I find I better not rely on them within the context of this one and only universe I currently find myself in.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #200561 by RyuJin
more food for thought....

telepathic (or seemingly telepathic) connections with pets....my pitbull always knows when i'm mad, upset, or happy even if i don't show it externally....i don't even have to use verbal or physical commands to control her most of the time (unless she gets worked up)...

yes i always know when someone is looking at me, in fact friday i had it happen at work and found it amusing since it was an attractive woman checking me out once we passed each other in the hall....i know because i turned around and caught her

i'm also very empathic...often feeling the emotions of others even after they've left an area....

we are beings of energy, energy leaves a trace of itself....spirits are energy, or traces of energy....another theory i heard about in philosophy class when covering quantum theory was that spirits are simply people from a parallel dimension that pass through a temporary pocket connecting dimensions....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by RyuJin.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200562 by
If Universe is Infinite - there is infinite number of worlds and possibilities in it. In this case assumption that there is no magic would be more then strange .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200564 by
There are several abilities that I belong are attainable within the realm of the Jedi.
Remote viewing is one goal I have personally. The ability to see distant places and people via intense mental focus and/or meditation.
Abilities a little less intensive would be Persuasion, "these are not the droids you're looking for". That requires observation and improvisation.
Telekinetic movement I can only theorize. When ones understanding of the force reaches such a level that you can manipulate the force of an object.
I'm sure there is a hierarchy of these abilities but I would definitely like to study that.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi