Circuitry and Reality

More
8 years 7 months ago #201711 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Circuitry and Reality
Oh maybe you should check out graph theory. Graphs can be used to model many types of relations and processes in physical, biological, social and information systems. Many practical problems can be represented by graphs.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201855 by
Replied by on topic Circuitry and Reality
Well, Faol, that's the interesting thing about a series/parallel circuit: pulling out something that is in series to something else only alters that branch of the circuit. :P The whole circuit is altered, but it still caries on since only that particular branch was in series.

*ponders*

And taking away all of the resistance to a particular circuit will cause a huge spike in current and short the circuit out. I certainly feel like that happened to me when I was introduced to the bible and other scriptures. Kind of feels like some series things got shifted. Certainly some parallels did also. *hugs*

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201859 by

Gisteron wrote: Now after that we have a little personal paragraph, so I might as well do one of my own. I'm glad you appreciate my contribution. I wish the feeling was mutual.

Maya Angelou — 'At the end of the day people won't remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel.'

I did mention that this was just something that I've been pondering, right? :P

I wasn't aware that I made anyone feel like I was publishing a paper on my abstract musings or that I had somehow come across as having just made the next discovery equivalent to E=Mc^2, but if it makes you feel better to have people admit their ignorance in public, then quite so, I am an ignorant snowcat.

Sometimes it's fun to just share thoughts without any specific agenda. Or to sniff out rats. That can be fun, too. :3

It's all perspective, really. :P

More
8 years 7 months ago #201878 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Circuitry and Reality
Oh, sure, you did mention in the beginning that it was your ponderings, and that is quite fine and our expectations ought be according ones. I just thought that since you share your thoughts in this format you might want people to understand them to some extent or perhaps share their own or perhaps discuss either. However, if to a response to and inquiry into what it is you are even saying your reply is something aking to "oh, never mind, i wasn't trying to get anything specific across", I'm afraid we have little left to talk about. Perhaps another time then. ;)

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

More
8 years 7 months ago #201879 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Circuitry and Reality
I still prefer the fluid flow approach I think. I reckon its the capacity of local flows to represent distinct structures within larger flows... which of course exist in levels up to the whole system layout itself which I'd use external (boundary) interactions to define the limits of. It gives the whole system a depth for complexity which I can translate more easily into perception.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #203207 by
I am sure that I have made myself look both rude and incompetent, but that is alright as I can often be both.

On another note, allow me to bring up something that I have been thinking about: wave forms.

When one waveform of a certain amplitude is applied to another waveform of similar amplitude, the waveform is amplified. When this same waveform interacts with its opposite waveform or something quite different, it can be effectively cancelled out. This makes me think of our interactions with one another and it also brings a Buddhist scripture to mind.

"Hatred cannot be cast out with hatred: this is a law eternal.
Only non-hatred can cast out hatred. (Or only love can cast out hatred)"

At any rate, this makes sense because hatred as a waveform would only amplify another waveform of hatred.

I have been observing this amplifying of cancelling out phenomenon in both fear-based phenomenon and in lust-based phenomenon. Younger persons seem particularly amplified by whatever lust I happen to be sending out into the greater area around myself, but I have noticed that my genuine patience and tolerance seem to cancel out a certain order or rudeness or insincerity on the part of those around me. It has been interesting to observe these phenomenon.

When I am upset, those around me that are already upset seem to get more upset. This also begs to bring up another scripture: "Poison does not do harm when held with a hand that has no wound."

It seems that whatever we are amplifying exists already in the other entity. So, it stands to reason to some extent that when others stir us up, when others get us angry or jealous or greedy, or when we feel hateful because of the hatred found in another, those things are being amplified because those waveforms are already active within us.

"Only non-hatred can cast out hatred."

"When, like a broken gong, you no longer resound in anger, you have achieved an unbinding."

"Those things that can be shaken are being removed to make room for those things that cannot be shaken."

Anyway, I apologize if my other posts have been too abstract for some.
Occasionally, I seriously do things like that intentionally. Hopefully this post is a little more clear and thought-provoking. Thanks, all. *bows low*

Watch what you're projecting and broadcasting. Our heart is the wellspring for our lives. Amen. :3

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #203214 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Circuitry and Reality
It is only with the same amplitude, the same frequency and the opposite phase that a wave can cancel out another. You don't get to cancel red light with blue light, but only with equal and opposite red one.
Now, are love and hatred equal and opposite? I do not know. I'd love to say that this be up to the neuroscientists, but I don't think they would understand the question either and so the answer remains in the realm of the know-it-all philosophers in the end.
There is nothing wrong with proposing particular view points or life ethics. Keep in mind that if however you rest them on your knowledge of reality they begin to fall apart the instant your knowledge begins to fail you and for most of us that point comes very soon indeed. If you argument is purely metaphysical, try and avoid, if you can, binding it to the physical. In most cases that only makes it weaker, not stronger.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Gisteron.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #203269 by
*shrugs* interesting word choice.
i feel that using words like argument to describe what i'm saying is quite off base :3

and of course i will do no such thing :P
if the metaphysical does not entail the physical, then why bother? at that point in which the metaphysical does not touch the physical, then it is purely fiction. *gives you an interesting look*

I suppose now though, that we have met properly. may my heart see your heart, fellow earthling. *peers at you through the screen* perhaps I am already making my own assumptions and presuppositions about your character. *swishes my tail*

i would like to think so . . .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #203270 by
may i ask what your intentions are at this moment and in this thread of conversation?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi