I'm new here. What are some ground rules?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198812 by
I've read the site FAQ, beliefs, etc. But how can I learn more and what do you suggest I do to prepare for training?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #198814 by RyuJin
leave plenty of cookies so others can get at least one after jestor finds them....only bring snacks and goodies if there's enough for everyone... :lol:

reading the faq is a good place to start, but it doesn't contain all of the answers (no one/nothing ever does), you can crawl through the forums to find the rules list somewhere, of course it has been ages so i don't exactly remember where we left them sitting...for the most part though common courtesy/etiquette rules the land....and asking questions never hurts as you'll see there will always be plenty of answers to show up...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by RyuJin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 8 months ago #198815 by Ben
To be honest, our FAQs are so comprehensive nowadays that they kind of do have all the answers (well, most...)

There's not much else to add in regards to your questions...I think the answer is to take a look at the Initiates Programme, as directed by the FAQs. It's designed so that you can go in 'cold' - you don't need to prepare for it or be overly familiar with TOTJO before you start. Or if you don't want to go that route, I guess the way to learn more is just to chat with people, get involved with forum discussions, etc etc

It really is that simple! :)

Oh, and welcome to the Temple, by the way... ;)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 8 months ago #198816 by Edan

RyuJin wrote: for the most part though common courtesy/etiquette rules the land....and asking questions never hurts as you'll see there will always be plenty of answers to show up...

I'd say that pretty much covers it.

But how can I learn more and what do you suggest I do to prepare for training?

I don't know that one can really prepare.. you can always try dipping into the Initiate Programme and seeing how it goes. Or we have a great library .

I guess it depends what you're after. If you don't know then perhaps browse the forum until something takes your fancy.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198829 by

V-Tog wrote: To be honest, our FAQs are so comprehensive nowadays that they kind of do have all the answers (well, most...)

There's not much else to add in regards to your questions...I think the answer is to take a look at the Initiates Programme, as directed by the FAQs. It's designed so that you can go in 'cold' - you don't need to prepare for it or be overly familiar with TOTJO before you start. Or if you don't want to go that route, I guess the way to learn more is just to chat with people, get involved with forum discussions, etc etc

It really is that simple! :)

Oh, and welcome to the Temple, by the way... ;)

I was looking at the exams, and I still have no idea about the structure of the temple.

But I appreciate friendly people!

More
8 years 7 months ago #198892 by TheDude

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #198893 by
Like. what information are you looking for?
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Because it's more fun this way

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi