alternatives to Facebook?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198783 by
Replied by on topic alternatives to Facebook?
Can I promote my new podcast series there?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198784 by
Of course. You can have a full page dedicated to it :) I offered the same option to Cyro :) You can make your own groups, just like facebook. One day it is my hope to even provide member store fronts like Etsy! :-p Buuuuuut....thats down the road dreaming XD ($100 of dreaming :unsure: )

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #198796 by Tarran
Replied by Tarran on topic alternatives to Facebook?
I've just joined Ello (@jedi-tarran)... but...

Connor L. wrote: Baru, if you want to contact other Jedi, encourage Gathered Force Community. It is very similar to FB and it is made for Jedi. By Jedi.

Please tell me more about this?? :D

EDIT: I feel like such a boob - Gathered Force Community is in FB :P lol And here I thought it was a Jedi social media thing all on its own :D ahahahaha

Oh, BTW, FYI, there's also diaspora (https://diasp.org/), which you can use as is, or even download it for free to make your own social network :D

I also mess around occasionally with Metal Mansion (metalmansion.com), but well... lol

Apprentice to J. K. Barger
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Tarran.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198803 by
Diaspora is an interesting concept as a social network. Total decentralization. It won't ever catch any sort of mass market appeal. But I don't think that's going to make the people interested not want to use it. It's like Linux for Social Networking.

• Whyte Horse
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
8 years 8 months ago #198806 by Whyte Horse
I use Diaspora. I also use a fake name on facebook and all of the data I entered is false. I also have a fake name on twitter, youtube, google+, and yahoo. I have a fake account with my real name that I never use, it just exists and has 100% safe posts. Anybody with my real name can look me up and see that I am a totally boring person that likes the local sports team, watches the mainstream movies, etc.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Tarran

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #198811 by

Tarran wrote: Please tell me more about this?? :D

EDIT: I feel like such a boob - Gathered Force Community is in FB :P lol And here I thought it was a Jedi social media thing all on its own :D ahahahaha

Umm.....It is....it's own thing....all on its own ;) The Facebook Page is just a platform of connectivity....much like TOTJO's very own facebook page ;) Try putting the words together.....and a .com at the end of those words ;) maybe even add a http://www. before the words.....Warning<-- Kit is being silly
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

More
8 years 8 months ago #198821 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic alternatives to Facebook?

Kitsu Tails wrote:

Umm.....It is....it's own thing....all on its own ;) The Facebook Page is just a platform of connectivity....much like TOTJO's very own facebook page ;) Try putting the words together.....and a .com at the end of those words ;) maybe even add a http://www. before the words.....Warning<-- Kit is being silly

http://gatheredforcecommunity.com/

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198822 by

Br. John wrote:

Kitsu Tails wrote:

http://gatheredforcecommunity.com/

Hey John! I just got a surprise last night (Like...literally at 1am in the morning....) So I will be focusing on the map again, see if I can't figure out the problem. It's sadly expired on some of the perks so....we shall see. I will figure this out Rawr!!!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #199027 by
since FB seems to be targeting Jedi oriented user names, do you think its worth it to "push back" on FB for religious persecution?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #199028 by

baru wrote: since FB seems to be targeting Jedi oriented user names, do you think its worth it to "push back" on FB for religious persecution?

Well is it targeting organization's names or individual people's names? I'm pretty sure that would be the line as far as if it could be pushed back against. Unless you could prove that having a Jedi name was required by your religion, I don't think it would go anywhere.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi