Conscientious Objection to Military Taxation(COMT)

More
8 years 7 months ago #198938 by Adder
To what end? The world exist's beyond the borders of the USA and that is the extent your movement would influence. I imagine the next step is to lead by example and have other nations do the same thing leading to a world full of peace? A great ideal, but I worry the other nation's out there which aren't so democratic would brush off that movement without a second thought, or worse and view it as an tool and opportunity to weaken other nations with the explicit opposite agenda. Given history is full of nation's invading others to occupy and rule them, I'd imagine if you want democracy it needs something to protect it.... unless perhaps the first goal to world peace is getting the rest of the world to be stable democracies. Then the power of the people could work in a balanced way to achieve lasting change, ideally.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
8 years 7 months ago #198941 by Whyte Horse
I dunno dude. Sometimes you just gotta roll the dice. The US has invaded Vietnam, Iraq(twice), Afghanistan, Haiti(twice), Panama, Grenada, Dominican Republic, Cuba, North Korea, occupied Asia, occupied Europe, Pacific Islands, North Africa, Greenland, Russia, China, Phillipines, Hawaii, Mexico, Canada, and Tripoli.

Through NATO and proximal allies, the US has had a hand in most conflicts since the 60's. The US provides militaries around the world with weapons, weaponized biological agents, weaponized chemical agents, money, training, etc.

After all that, one would think it might be time to try something different. For example: we could end poverty, world-wide, for $175 billion... The military budget in the USA is about $680 billion per year. A large amount of other funding is directly connected to military spending in the states, bringing the total closer to $1 trillion per year.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
8 years 7 months ago #198946 by Adder
The Cold War was not the invention of US foreign policy though, US foreign policy was a reaction to the Cold War. It's a complex topic that's for sure. If people didn't fight we wouldn't need a military, or at least anything as large. I'm with you on the peace as ideal. Some might say its an illusion which needs conflict to contrast it, but I disagree. I think the contrast can be achieved within the individual enough without it being carried on externally in society.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi