The Dark

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193017 by
The Dark was created by
Hello, I'm new to the forums but thought I would like to share something I wrote. Please see past what I wrote for the goodness I wish to convey even though it sounds dark. Would like to hear your opinion... wether you agree or disagree.

Do you feel it?

The ever-growing power
The pain, the release, the greatness?

It feeds on you
And you feed on it

It shall consume every part of you
The greatness and the evil

You will not be prepared
For what shall come forth

Look towards the light
If you blink for only a second

The darkness will consume...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #193018 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Re:The Dark
Welcome to the forum!

You've written us a very interesting introduction. I'm not sure I'm able to see the goodness you wish to convey in the poem though, perhaps you could explain for me?

I find writing poetry quite cathartic, and we have several poets here, and indeed our own group. I cannot link it now (on my phone) but if you look under groups you should be able to find us.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #193020 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Dark

Edan wrote: You've written us a very interesting introduction. I'm not sure I'm able to see the goodness you wish to convey in the poem though, perhaps you could explain for me?

I'm afraid I can not explain but maybe only expand on what I have written...

The shadow creeps further everyday
But dawn is not far away

If blinded by the light you are
Only stray to the dark you will

Open your eyes to all that is front of you
To the horizon that is not yet visible

See in those around you that you are blinded to
Look inside yourself for the light to brighten

For the wisest of people
Can see the light in the most dark of hours

Again, thank you for the chance to speak on the forums. I always appreciate feedback... no matter what you feel. But please only write back what you truly feel.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #193021 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Dark
Bienvenu au Temple ... :cheer:

The poem makes sense, but I'm not sure if it makes the sense that you wrote into it ~

The "Darkness" is our own lassitude and folly ; it is the 'Otherness' that lets us envy and want, it is Ignorance, Opinion and Laziness.

The "Darkness" does indeed consume, but from the inside>out, and that ... quite slowly and imperceptibly if we do not bring it a serious attention when it is still a pale Shadow.

Unfortunately, by the time we realise it is growing - to the point that we write poetry (or philosophical essai) about it - it is no longer a 'pale Shadow'.

We cannot get rid of it, for wanting to do so is part of its own desire for conquest -- in such a pursuit, the Darkness would win and thus be all there is ...

... but, we can listen to it, converse and hold discourse with it, and learn from it.

After all, the Darkness isn't Evil. It is just there where the light has to bend to clarify. Moreover, it is only from its heart that we can distinguish that which is truly illuminated.

Keep writing ... ;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Alexandre Orion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Edan, Breeze el Tierno,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193022 by
Replied by on topic The Dark

Alexandre Orion wrote: Bienvenu au Temple ... :cheer:

The poem makes sense, but I'm not sure if it makes the sense that you wrote into it ~

The "Darkness" is our own lassitude and folly ; it is the 'Otherness' that lets us envy and want, it is Ignorance, Opinion and Laziness.

The "Darkness" does indeed consume, but from the inside>out, and that ... quite slowly and imperceptibly if we do not bring it a serious attention when it is still a pale Shadow.

Unfortunately, by the time we realise it is growing - to the point that we write poetry (or philosophical essai) about it - it is no longer a 'pale Shadow'.

We cannot get rid of it, for wanting to do so is part of its own desire for conquest -- in such a pursuit, the Darkness would win and thus be all there is ...

... but, we can listen to it, converse and hold discourse with it, and learn from it.

After all, the Darkness isn't Evil. It is just there where the light has to bend to clarify. Moreover, it is only from its heart that we can distinguish that which is truly illuminated.

Keep writing ... ;)

Thank you Alexandre. I greatly appreciate your kind words of wisdom. Tonight is late and my wit has left me for today. I truthfully hope to talk to you, Edan, and the rest of the temple. Till tomorrow, thank you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193174 by
Replied by on topic The Dark
Please tell us more about yourself. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi