HEMA, what is it?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #192603 by
Replied by on topic HEMA, what is it?
I suppose so. Indeed I know several people in the SCA and I have no disrespect for it believe me, it seems quite fun. Some HEMA groups do train with historically accurate armor and weapons so we dress up also. I just happen to like studying more of the technical aspect of historical combat, seeing how the old masters, knights, soldiers, and warriors fought and died in brief seconds. It's quite humbling, knowing how those men & women trained since childhood to fight and kill, not because they wanted to but because they had to.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #192605 by
Here's a video describing sword terminology for those who aren't familiar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk0GBKaMcgE&index=99&list=PLE6058E5F6967E5B8

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #193470 by
Hello, M Gray!

I am a HEMA fencer myself, been studying for almost 6 years. Your post left me with the impression that you have been training with a group. I am interested in learning what and where you study, specifically :)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 9 months ago #193474 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic HEMA, what is it?
despite my heritage i've never really felt a connection to european fighting arts...i've always been drawn to the east asian arts...and i've been studying them since i was 8 years old....so 31 years now.....man i'm old.....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi