I wonder what has change about ritual passage for a Jedi .

More
8 years 11 months ago #190541 by PatrickB
I mean do we get a card , paper's , do we have to by a jewel or a teddies bear or something .
For my part I would like a certificate for being a Jedi , That I could buy :evil:

What about you what do you think .

The one that posses with a devices is responsible for others . Being at large is brought too my attention . An armor is the key to unarm devices .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190546 by

More
8 years 11 months ago #190549 by PatrickB
Because in the pass they wrote about rite and I think it's good idea . probably a the rite could be like that marriage for the Jedi . Passing knight is important. There a lot of kind of knight to be wage , And it could be more attractive .

Passing the passage with a ceremony probably a little voyage to see B.r. john of an other consular . You known justt like that movie. not to be fictional . :silly:

The one that posses with a devices is responsible for others . Being at large is brought too my attention . An armor is the key to unarm devices .

More
8 years 11 months ago #190551 by Adder

PatrickB wrote: What about you what do you think .

Not so much any statement of merit, but I do think a few items of practical significance to my particular Jedi path are a good idea. Not to define myself, but rather to remind myself how and assist myself in developing/walking my path.

If you watch the movie Inception they have those little individual totem's which they carry with them all the time - because they have practical use in some unique way. I was thinking of getting a set of platonic dice to help with visualization, but I think instead I'll just memorize their shapes...

... I guess ideally it would be kewl if a 'lightsaber' type of thing could have some practical utility, and reflecting on Inception, the only thing I could come up with was to try and use this as an object to summon in lucid dreaming!!!
:blush:
Not in the same way as Inception (as a guide to determining if I was in a lucid dream), but rather as an anchor to hang onto a lucid state. That way then having a hilt in real life would have a functional role of forming a real strong connection to the object such that it is easier to remember in lucid dreaming. To suggest it here would imply lucid dreaming was of some importance to Jediism - which I do not suggest, but I'd like to try and make it part of my path (if I wasnt on sleep medication which makes it harder to lucid dream at the moment).

Another idea is to find a nice smooth stone and carve in the TOTJO emblem into it at some solar junction, and at its passage place it back in a creek somewhere, get another and repeat putting it somewhere else - quite literally laying down a path or stepping stones through time and space
:)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, OB1Shinobi

More
8 years 11 months ago #190552 by PatrickB
The merit come with a lucid dreaming you can not be a dream chaser neither a hunter in a lucid dream . The little rock that I spoke about is a symbol of dignity and not a failure between two world's .

More
8 years 11 months ago #190680 by rugadd
If you want a piece of paper that says "This guy is a Jedi" I can help you with that. It would very nice, as well. I would go with something a little more practical, like a multi-tool with the emblem on it or some such.

Ritual significance? I have a covertech clip I keep on my belt. NO saber, just the clip. Serves as a reminder for me(I have trouble remembering to breath!)

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, PatrickB, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190681 by
J.u.s.t Jedi is working on something like this. However....One should ask themselves "Why?" One of the Jedi Behaviors is to Conquer Materialism. As Yoda says "A Jedi Craves not these things!" You shouldn't need certificates and items to signify your achievements. Just because you earn Knighthood at one Order does not mean you are really truly a "Knight" It simply means you have advanced up enough here to shoulder responsibility and aide your temple out with duties.

Once you learn to let go of this idea of needing validation....The gift given by your temple (Such as certificates and trinkets) is all the more beautiful :)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 11 months ago #190684 by Jestor

rugadd wrote: If you want a piece of paper that says "This guy is a Jedi" I can help you with that. It would very nice, as well.

TOTJO also offers certificates..;)

I would go with something a little more practical, like a multi-tool with the emblem on it or some such.

Ritual significance? I have a covertech clip I keep on my belt. NO saber, just the clip. Serves as a reminder for me(I have trouble remembering to breath!)

Here is my tools, a pocket knife (with glass breaker and seat belt cutter), a multi-tool (need a new one.. and engraved? hmmm...;)..) and a led flashlight....

Ignore the extra food supply noticeable in the shot...;)

Attachment h589c63f.JPG not found

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, rugadd, PatrickB, OB1Shinobi

More
8 years 11 months ago #190688 by rugadd
PERFECT! *bows to Jestor*

rugadd

More
8 years 11 months ago #190884 by PatrickB
Et voila! there many of the jedi who as already artifacts . Ii's seem to me that Jedi's like artifacts because it bring a small bind between the school at the temple and there own life . I guess it is kind of a reminder of honor and dignity . Probably less but I like that sort of identification it is like a ritual a little bit . :dry:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi