"If you're not doing anything wrong..."

More
9 years 2 days ago #185765 by Wescli Wardest

Akkarin wrote: With regards to surveillance... (If you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to hide...)

Everyone reading this, think of the most embarrasing, personally damning and private thing you could possibly think about (off the top of my head such taboo topics as masturbation, sexual fantasy, how you feel about your boss and coworkers).

Now tell everyone in the Temple about it.

Guess what... I do not expect you to tell everyone in the Temple about it. Do you know why?

Because it's none of our business to know or demand, just as it is none of the government's business to know or demand.

And the fact that I don't want to tell people absolutely everything about my life makes me neither a criminal nor a terrorist. I'm a private person and I expect that privacy to be respected as I shall respect your's.

Challenge accepted. :P

Adult content
Warning: Spoiler!

Things happen for a reason. You can either go with it or fight it.

[hr]
As to the OP, I hear people talk about the injustices, bad laws and invasion of privacy on a pretty regular basis. I’ve heard a lot of arguments both ways. But what I have not heard is any kind of solution offered. Just something I found interesting.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, RyuJin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 days ago #185766 by Adder
Well that is one way to break the ice in a new relationship;

Attachment h15bdb76.jpg not found

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Wescli Wardest, Brenna

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 2 days ago - 9 years 2 days ago #185772 by RyuJin
i'm glad i peed before reading those 2 posts.....

i still haven't been able to think of something embarrassing....mainly because every time someone learned something about me that they thought i was keeping secret i would make sure everyone in earshot knew it wasn't a secret...i feel as though there should be something...but cannot think of anything....

i suppose it could be when i was in 8th grade, i was sitting down after football practice with 1 leg up, and the cheerleading captain was sitting across from me staring...and my friend (her boyfriend) came over and told me what it was she was staring at (twig and berries)....but i wasn't embarrassed....she seemed pretty embarrassed about it though...and afterwards all of the cheerleaders were a lot more friendly to me....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 9 years 2 days ago by RyuJin.

More
9 years 2 days ago - 9 years 2 days ago #185790 by OB1Shinobi
- unless dispatch recieved a call stating that violence has already happened - shots fired, someone attacked, fleeing armed robbery ect, first responding officer armed only with a body cam and a radio

he is not allowed to touch suspects and not allowed to chase suspects

all she is allowed to do is talk -her responsibility is to see whats going on and to bring the situation to an acceptable resolution

- these officers are being monitered by a nearby partner but cannot be interfered with by other officers unless they request it or are attacked

penalty for attacking this officer should be severe - like really really severe - mandatory, and with no possibility of time reduction

the condition for this is that the footage has to be intact
or demonstrate that the suspect initiated aggression before equipment failure

- every citizen walking the street should be legally allowed to carry every item that every regular REGULAR PATROL officer is allowed to carry on regular patrol duty INCLUDING the radio with accompanying frequencies

- officers only to regular patrol areas which they live in, or within 15 - 20 miles of if no officers live there

- rookie officers without children are required to live in high crime areas for a predetermined time not to be less than one year

- every surveillance cam in the world should be live streamed onto the www 24-7 available for anyone anywhere in the world to access in real time

- the white house is allowed ONE room WITHOUT twenty hr video/audio surveillance
and it has one door which is live streamed at all times so we can see who goes in and how long they are in there

foriegn nations and appointed observers also moniter the door at all times

- all government business not conducted in said room business must be conducted under live moniter and accessable to the entire world

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 2 days ago by OB1Shinobi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi