• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago #185362 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Cultural Appropriation
the a/n does that...my brother has ss bolts....they're one of those things that have to be "earned"...and if someone doesn't feel you've "earned" them, they'll have your credentials checked...if that fails, then they have them removed...forcibly....prison tats have a very strict governing system...

i have a variety of tats...even kanji...i always research each tat i choose...and each tat has a specific meaning to me...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #185367 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Cultural Appropriation
Off topic: This is why I have no tatts, but when I do they will be Jedi related.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #185376 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Cultural Appropriation
yeah, bolts are one of the most common

in penitentiary the whites are usually either A brotherhood
or A circle

then there is whats referred to as "independent woods" (pecker woods) who arent an official organization really - organizations have offiicial structure - chains of command and codes of conduct, bylaws, dues, all kinds of rules and obligations

something to understand in that scenario is that corrections facilities are extremely racial in their socialization structure

people associate with their race because thats the way its done - the supremist rhetoric is there for those who think that way and to be honest the setting is extremely conducive to the promotion of racist ideology for everybody (all the gangs except one (in texas) that i know about are racist in their recruitment and focus) but actually being racist is not a real requirement for recruitment/initiation

whites are expected by the organizations to represent the white race and the organizational rhetoric but under the surface many understand that this is just the way things are so to speak and as long as you meet the more practical obligations it really doesnt matter what you think of other races, although some of the obligations of all the gangs include rules about how you socialize and with who

in tx now there is the "safe prisons" program designed to prevent sexual assault particularly and violent assault in general and at the institution i was in it made a difference

peckerwoods are allowed to "bolt up" as long as they are seen to be representing the race appropriately

which does not actually require hating other races
but is more a matter of having self respect and following the appropriate disciplines and expectations of corrections life - like personal cleanliness for example and not allowing anyone to take advantage of you - doing things to help out other members of your race is another thing respected across the board by the more decent people in all races

woods have "speakers" which is basically a person who is agreed to speak for the group in matters where everyones interest is affected (certain instances of contraband for one or the handling of disputes between individuals as examples)

but its overall a pretty loose organizational structure compared to a.b. or a.c.

skulls and bolts are common
so are vikings and axes
clovers are another one
shields and midieval armour and arms
numbers a lot of times represent letters - like 13 (thirteen) for the letter M is well known - area codes sometimes but thats more of a street thing
although if youre housed at a facility on say fm 969 you might see 969 tattoos - i didnt but ive heard of it

a lot of things have very specific meanings but i was lucky to not haveto do a lot of time in a really bad place and going in i had already had an incident in my previous facility that the warden asked me about during proccessing
because of my age (over 23 or 24 at the time) and my response to his questions he put me somewhere that wasnt overly rowdy - some people - especially youngsters like the idea of getting tough and kicking ass

i liked the idea of being left alone and finishing my little bit of time without catching further charges

theres a little bit of slack for coincidence tatoos depending on what they are and where you get housed but yeah theyll make you get rid of anything that steps over a certain line

being real vicious about how you have to get rid of them is more a situation of punishment for doing something that violates the rules or expectations

like if you go in and you just happen to have a tat that has some meaning to the setting they might let you slide altogether or they might make you cover it with something else

usually they wont do anything violent just over a coincidental tattoo unless you have some history with someone or you just really badly represent yourself

penitentiaries are definitely violent places by their nature but its not quite as random as people assume from movies and entertainment

i can only speak for my pretty short term experience in one small area of one facility so i dont present myself as an expert by any means
sorry to stray off topic

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
9 years 1 month ago #185377 by RyuJin
as i've said many times before...i've been labeled a "race traitor" on more than one occasion...in both jail and the max security brig i was independent...i was friends with anyone that was respectful to me, i didn't let anyone "punk" me...having been in a few times i know how to play the game...and i can spot the weaklings...the one's that will either be "punked" or join a gang....the thing i found absolutely hilarious was how many of the so called "hard asses" could be caught bawling their eyes out when they didn't think anyone was around....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

More
9 years 1 month ago #185379 by OB1Shinobi
i was independent

i didnt feel i needed affiliation

and in any event i dont like having to answer to other peoples demands

People are complicated.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
9 years 1 month ago #185383 by RyuJin

OB1Shinobi wrote: i was independent

i didnt feel i needed affiliation

and in any event i dont like having to answer to other peoples demands

yeah....i have authority issues too

Quotes:

More
9 years 1 month ago #185394 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Cultural Appropriation

RyuJin wrote: my brother has ss bolts....

You mean the SS lightning-shaped mark that neonazis stole from the Third Reich, which Hitler appropriated from the Norse during his rampant occultist binge?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
9 years 1 month ago #185395 by RyuJin
yep....

my brother also practices odinism....

Quotes:

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #185399 by OB1Shinobi
that represents another angle

even though hitler appropriated symbols from other cultures now that the whites use them in prison they are a part of prison culture

so is someone with bolt tattoos as a result of doing time in prison appropriating the symbol?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi