Lived experience few hours ago...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #182555 by
Good nights! I wanted to share an experience that happened to me a few hours ago while training in jiu jitsu my academy.

*I hope i'm in the right section of the forum, if I'm wrong I apologize for that

I was training with a partner (when I say training I mean fighting, is a contact sport, you know) and I began to feel violent and angry because subjected me 2 times.

It is normal in my then this happens, start accelerating the pace of the fight to try to win, just that this leads to more aggression.

Thanks to a good job I have been doing for a while now it does not, I meditate a lot about this to control myself.

Well once finished the fight with my partner, I sat in a corner and meditate for a few seconds to calm.

Then came another fight with another partner, the problem was when my teacher incited me to accelerate the pace.
The fight started well, I submitted my partner a few times, and was well, but ended way too violent to which I finished hurt.

I felt really close to the dark side.

After that I returned to meditate for a few seconds and stayed in a corner with ice on my foot as the class ended.

According to my teacher I was wrong to accelerate the pace and get carried away, that I share. I just think partly it was wrong for prompt me to fight more aggressively.

All this leads me to the conclusion that I need to meditate more and control my feelings.
By time not happening to me.

I will contact my Kung fu master to guide me and so does not happen more.

Experiences like this are what help me to realize my mistakes and approach more to being a good Jedi.

Thanks for your time. Sorry for my bad english, i use the translator and my basic knowledge :P

Greetings!

May the force be with you all. !!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #184135 by
Replied by on topic Lived experience few hours ago...
Well, I am really new at here but I got interested in your experience. As I am a martial artist too I kind of get what happened to you, my advise is to not let anger nor rage part of your acitvity. Though contact sports aree violent by their nature that does not mean that you must be agressive toward your oponent, I mean with agressive to fight or practice with the intention of hurting your opponent. I strongly believe that a fight was succesful when both the winner and the defeated end up with a smile on their faces. You must enjoy what you do, trying to fulfill personal achievements but not at the cost of hurting others.

Well may the force be with you pal try not to enrage like that.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago #184148 by RyuJin
sparring has a way of getting out of hand sometimes...you're training to defend yourself successfully. so there is a natural drive to "win"...you have to learn to keep emotion out of it...it is just practice after all...in a real fight you can draw strength from fear and anger as long as you control yourself. if you lose control you have lost the fight...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #184149 by OB1Shinobi
this is a normal exlerience and youll work it out as you progress

to be honest i wasnt going to respond because i see it as just one of those things youll deal with - your school or club or gym already has the tools to help you with that and youll get to them whenyoure ready

but
ryujins comment struck a chord with me because what he says is the heart of what i understand as the truth of martial arts and mindfulness

both the training and actual fighting - whether competeive or survival - is very much a mindfulness meditation

it is the ultimate mindfulness meditation
because the winner is the one who stays attuned to the cutting edge of the moment without getting distracted or overwhelmed by fear or anger or uncertainty that comes from dwelling on what has just happened or what might happen next

theres a thread about the "flow state" which gives illustration to this concept

flow is the experience of mindfulness in a proactive relationship with the moment

the real fight thats going on is a fight of being present from moment to moment in relation to the other person

its when we dwell on our feelings about the moment just passed or on our feelings about what may happen in the moments ahead that we lose mindfulness
and when we lose mindfulness to a greater degree than the opponent we always lose the match or the fight

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi