About that Cool Bowman the Internet has Fallen For...

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #179255 by steamboat28

Kitsu Tails wrote: A. Is he effecting your life negativly?
B. Is he causing harm to your life goals?
C. IS he impacting you in any way by doing what he is doing?
D. Is he causing harm to others?

1. He's teaching poor archery skills.
  2. He's teaching poor archery skills.
  3. He's teaching poor archery skills in a way that negates the actual experience of thousands of years of actual archers with actual experience.
  4. He's teaching poor archery skills to other people.

It's harder to teach archery to interested people if you have to unteach them bad habits first. This frustrates newbie archers and causes them to stop having fun in something they want to enjoy. That's a problem for me, that's a problem for them, and that's a problem for the sport.

I'm not saying there's no good in Lars Andersen's ideas. I'm just saying that they need to be accessories of a good foundational traditional archery technique, not the whole cloth of your technique. If you choose the latter, you're going to be as good as Lars is, problems with accuracy I cited and all.

What would be best is to examine his technique, break it down, and apply it to good archery practices.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by steamboat28.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #179261 by
14th century English longbow historical fiction by Bernard Cornwell: Agincourt, Vagabond, 1356, Harlequin and The Archers Tale. Good stories: accurate, gritty, historical.

Not that the occasion has ever arisen, but I would not use a bow in a close quarters fight as shown in the drinking table scenario in the video; rather, a blade.

My Hun ancestors used a particular kind (mounted) composite bow.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #179332 by
I loved the rant for its educational value. Being a bow hunter, it is always good to be a "student of the game".

I refer back to my Chicago Italian background with this comment...

Don't bring a bow to a gun fight! Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

More
9 years 1 month ago #179334 by Kit

Alan wrote: My Hun ancestors used a particular kind (mounted) composite bow.

This and their advances of the saddle were the Hun's huge advantage in warfare wasn't it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #179414 by
We traditionally refer to the organizational prowess of Attila as one of many possible reasons for his success.

But I didn't know...what was the saddle upgrade?

More
9 years 1 month ago #179430 by Reacher
Steam,

I appreciate your earnest desire to put solid information on the topic out into the world. Thanks, brother.

Jedi Knight

The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi