About that Cool Bowman the Internet has Fallen For...

More
9 years 2 months ago #179125 by steamboat28
This time I don't mean Legolas.

It's been nearly a week since this video of Lars Andersen started blowing up my social media feeds:

And I tried really, really hard to bite my tongue about it. I did.
But then I ranted on reddit, because someone pressed a button. And then I ranted on Facebook, because my friends believed it, too.

So now, here is my complete, profanity-laden rant about the whole ordeal in its full glory. I curse a lot in it, but I think I bring up some good points, so the clicking is optional.

But, for this thread, I want to know if you've seen this and what you think about it? I mean, it's obviously cool, but other than that.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179133 by
I seen it

I thought it was pretty cool

Who the F** Cares about the rest? I mean really?

A. Is he effecting your life negativly?
B. Is he causing harm to your life goals?
C. IS he impacting you in any way by doing what he is doing?
D. Is he causing harm to others?

If the answer is No to all of those questions then seriously. This ranting and raving is a waist of time and energy when we could be doing other, more important things with our lives than trying to decode the falsehood of a person you will never meet in person or ever be impacted by him in any way.

It works for him. He is getting out and doing something productive. He is doing something he loves. He is pretty dang good at it. He has some very good points and lessons one can learn from. The rest is wishy washy BS that has nothing to do with my interest.

Just my 2 cents.....

More
9 years 2 months ago #179139 by OB1Shinobi
yes
i saw thevideo last week or so
when i was a kid i thought putting the arrow on the outside was correct until i learned differently

its a common assumption

its too early in the day for me to harmonize with anyone being angry so i hope you will forgive that i havent read the rant yet

if the guy is deliberately decieving people then i will feel dissapointed that the cool stuff he does is not real

as well as the my usual remorse at the "lying gets me attention" message

for karmic purposes
i'll go ahead and say right now that the attention one gets by lying always ends up as a hollow and empty attention which ether collapses under ones feet at a most inopportune moment or else makes one a slave to something that doent actually exist
basically lies backfire because lies are imaginary and thebpower they offer is transitory and revocable

only by standing upon truth do we build power that will last and support us

if hes not lying then ive got nothing but praise for a man who canhoot an arrow out of the sky with an arrow of his own

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179193 by
I had about half of my facebook friends shared it on my wall. I recently took up archery so everyone thought of me.

I was amazed. I'm not sure I believe it, but it was amazing none the less.

Shooting off the right side of the bow isn't that strange, there are a few forms of archery that do it that way. It's also not the holding arrows in your shooting hand that I find difficult to believe, its being that acuracy at that speed while using his, lets say unorthodox style.

If I tried to hold a bow and fire the way he did I'd be lucky to hit a house from five feet away.

If it's true, hopefully he'll put together some sort of training course, I'd love to be able to do stuff like that. If it's fake, which my guess would be that it is, then I commend his ability to make cool videos and get them going viral.

More
9 years 2 months ago #179214 by OB1Shinobi
ok so i read your article and i watched the videos you included

first i just want to commend you on a well written piece of work and to say thanks for the vids

ive never seen the pixar film but i enjoyed that clip a lot

also the real woman iva privazencmsksixss was a joy to watch
her display of speed and control was admirable
and also she s HOT
i would be ecstatic to have her defend my castle
and i say that very much as praise to her

i understand why you feel the need to defend what you see as an insult to an activity you care about

i will say that in all things it takes the same amount of energy and or work to highlight what is good or right about something as what is not

i looked around and i havent been able to find anyone that compares to lars in speed

im sorry
hes fast
theres a hungarian who does 12 arrows in 17 seconds on disks tossed in the air and hits them all
very impressive
and of course the viking warrior woman mentoned above (i say viking because of her hair not as a presumption kf her anscestry)

but to fire an arrow and then fire ten (or was it 11?) more before the first hits the ground?

theres a youtube called "lars anderson archery - is it real?" that you may have seen already
i havent finished it but he seems like hes trying to bridge the gap between what lars's assertions may benefit archery and where he is incorrect

lastly
i havent really gotten excited about archery since i was a kid so i really want to thank you for this thread because ive very much enjoyed the line of thought it has opened up to me.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179216 by
One of the other values of this discussion is the quality of the analysis. The ability to find and expose the logical fallacies and factual errors is a good kind of knowledge. I appreciated the insights of his critical thinking method.

...and the whole archery thing is a hoot. How very exceptionally interesting! Though, I glazed over on the left verses right arrow positioning discussion.

Bow-making techniques and the variety of bow styles is also really interesting.

The meditative qualities of bow use have applicability to our Jedi Temple. Archer and target are one. Or, the disappearance of the archer.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #179219 by Adder
Cardio for archers!! Needs safety goggles.
:P
I think he needs to 'get a bigger bow' if he is that quick/accurate in real life.

Interesting rant... I'd never thought to read about the historical techniques in archery! I was just always a compound bow type of archer looking for longer ranges. Thanks

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Adder.

More
9 years 2 months ago #179235 by rugadd
I think its amazing. My daughter, who already loves Katniss, now wants archery to be her sport after watching it. We have access to my parents farm, woods included, so she will be running around trying to do the same.

rugadd

More
9 years 2 months ago #179239 by rugadd
Good article, by the way. Very eye opening.

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #179249 by
Replied by on topic for charts and goggles
that is truly the most bigoted and dogmatic prose i've ever read pertaining to archery.

well, at least someone knows which side of the bow each and every member of each and every tribe of peoples of turtle island placed their arrows on.

i really enjoy shooting long bows and self bows, and everyone who even mentioned which side to place the arrow on said it was just what worked best for you personally.

the few people i've shot with personally place the arrow on the outside, and that just felt natural to me so that is how i always did it.

i did enjoy reading it though, lol.

:evil:
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi