No need for a physical temple

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 3 months ago #177122 by Jestor

Khaos wrote:

'Ideas' dont seem real enough to some...

Something 'tangible' makes it seem 'real'...

Well, in the sense that a physical temple is an idea someone, or a group of someones has... Such an idea would need to be tangible to be real.

I wonder, in fact, what about the Jedi path wouldnt need to be tangible.

Meditation is an idea, but to need to really meditate for it to be real for example. Certainly to get any measurable or tangible benefits, even if only for oneself.

I dont wanna get all hand wavy, but, "is this real or a dream (idea), or a computer program", "If it feels real..."blah, blah.... lol...

But, right, it is real as any idea, but it lacks the physical location...lol...

Some people question the need for clergy, but, others say, "how could it be otherwise"....

In the end, I would visit said temple if it existed, and I could (time, wife, distance, etc) but, as I cant, I get you all here...

And, since I am usually on my phone, you guys are even in the bathroom with me sometimes, LOL....

Sha Karn wrote: BTW, I am brand new so my opinions do not reflect the Elders, just my own

You calling us old?

:lol:...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177126 by
Replied by on topic No need for a physical temple

Sha Karn wrote: BTW, I am brand new so my opinions do not reflect the Elders, just my own

You calling us old?

:lol:...
[/quote]

Not the intended effect, no :P
It was meant in a more. respected term :)

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #177131 by steamboat28

Jestor wrote: And, since I am usually on my phone, you guys are even in the bathroom with me sometimes, LOL....

...this is so not the kind of enlightenment I needed :pinch:
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, J_Roz, rugadd, Edan, Tarran

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177135 by

Jestor wrote:
And, since I am usually on my phone, you guys are even in the bathroom with me sometimes

:laugh:

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #177139 by Zenchi

Jestor wrote:
And, since I am usually on my phone, you guys are even in the bathroom with me sometimes, LOL....

Ya know, I like singing to Three Dog Night when I'm drunk, but there just some things better left unsaid, TMI my friend, TMI...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor, Tarran

More
9 years 3 months ago #177157 by rugadd
I want a physical Temple. I don't need reasons for others to understand. My reasons are personal. I will buy the land. I will build the buildings, till the earth, run the solar panels, etcetc...

It may not be a TOTJO "Official" Temple, but Jedi will be welcome.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor, Tarran, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177160 by
I think that may be how some of these Jedi temples will really get off the ground. One rich benefactor (or, somebody with the right resources and abilities) just makes it for him/herself.

I can imagine using my money someday to build a Temple homestead like thing. And, if I build it, people may show up every now and again. Eventually, people might move to become Jedi Monks, then as a group fundraise and build a bigger temple.

It'll be organic growth, I think, leading to real gathering places. If you think about it, we already have something like that. I know plenty of Jedi who have offered me shelter in my travels. And, though I've only used it once.. :) It's really an amazing thing.

More
9 years 3 months ago #177162 by steamboat28

Connor L. wrote: I think that may be how some of these Jedi temples will really get off the ground. One rich benefactor (or, somebody with the right resources and abilities) just makes it for him/herself.

I can imagine using my money someday to build a Temple homestead like thing. And, if I build it, people may show up every now and again. Eventually, people might move to become Jedi Monks, then as a group fundraise and build a bigger temple.

It'll be organic growth, I think, leading to real gathering places. If you think about it, we already have something like that. I know plenty of Jedi who have offered me shelter in my travels. And, though I've only used it once.. :) It's really an amazing thing.

This is exactly as I see it happening. Someone has or buys themselves a lot of land, puts up something for themselves (or for Jedi, or gifts an acre of said land to Jedi, or allows Jedi to sharecrop on their land, or whatever), and people come and go when and if they feel the need until it gets big enough to support itself. It's the most logical progression given the nature of the Temple as it currently is in the world we live in, I think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, rugadd,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177166 by
And that's how "Homebrew Jedi Temple Movement" began... j-D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177170 by

jbrowning wrote: One thing I have seen over and over again in the forums is this obsession with building an actual physical temple somewhere and using it as a place to meet, meditate, and train. Why is this something that is needed or wanted? Don't the 16 Teachings tell us to be wary of physical or material attachments? Wouldn't this temple become something of that kind?
Some people have said that a temple isn't necessary to be a Jedi. I agree with this.

But dont' forget that at the same time not wanting a Jedi Temple can be an attachment ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi