Ouija - divination boards

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175517 by
Replied by on topic Ouija - divination boards
I've never been a huge beleiver in the Quija board but I'm also not a fan of inviting spirits into my body to take control so I don't mess with it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #175518 by Hitira38
Ghost dog, I do not think its a good idea to be surrendering our expectations as to be filled with some spirit of effect, to me this is a remapping of something, it only works if you have a pure spirit. A sacrifice. Ghost dog, not to crack open the consequence of belief, but it's very important to be mindful of your surroundings and to understand the past is the past and the future to be reasonably relevant to the past, but not to be ignorant of what can happen.

HN

More
9 years 3 months ago #175520 by Hitira38

Goken wrote: I've never been a huge beleiver in the Quija board but I'm also not a fan of inviting spirits into my body to take control so I don't mess with it.

Göken is right. That's why I said expectations. If you don't want a sunflower don't water the sunflower seed.
I do not believe people can contact spirits of the past, only through the concept of others. Almost in a string theory.

Nothing is external. when you label yourself as internal and the rest of the world is external you have disconnect yourself from your real experiences and is the start of dis functional labeling.

HN

More
9 years 3 months ago #175521 by Hitira38
As a theory of everything foundation.

HN

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175529 by
i haven't used it in a long time.

More
9 years 3 months ago #175569 by OB1Shinobi
Theres a series of books about an alleged entity who name is SETH and is a CHANNELED entity.

Thats about all i can tell you. Itz always frightened me when ift like there were non physical entities hanging out in my bedroom, waiting for me to sleep. If you feel good about it then SETH might be worth a wiki
see where that takes you

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175644 by
I skimmed through the wiki on Roberts and Seth. My personal experience as a writer of fiction, usually about science fiction, fantasy, and the paranormal, when I went on to do something real, yet largely unbelievable or disputed (though not paranormal), I got a lot of flak for my accomplishments because of that. That's what leads me to be somewhat skeptical of the story, Roberts being a fiction writer and largely dealing with the paranormal and psychic phenomena, but I wouldn't doubt it outright if it were true.

I feel that someday science will finally answer the question of ghosts and such, but until then the people who believe will believe and the people who don't won't. I still stand by what I said about the Ouija board being nothing but a board game. I doubt anyone would mass produce and market something everyone actually believed could potentially open a doorway to hell. I don't deny that paranormal events occur around the users of the boards, but all the claims of it being the board's doing is superstition in my mind.

When people perform the ritual of cleansing the board and praying and whatever else, they open themselves spiritually, using the board simply as a conduit much like how Christians use a cross as a conduit to pray to God. It's not so much the item used, but the essence of the ritual that allows these events. Proof being (if the Seth story is true) Roberts eventually being able to communicate with Seth and Seth (supposedly) possessing her without the use of the Ouija board. As she more constantly allowed herself to stay in the spiritual mindset, the circumstances allowing the events were more constant, allowing them to happen more easily.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179521 by
http://youtu.be/7HkM5nOqrrs

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179526 by
How interesting. Ouija boards have always interested me in the sense that I don't believe they are inherently 'evil' or work in the way they are portrayed to; yet nearly everyone I know, whether they are superstitious, religious or strict atheists and skeptics, they all say "stay away from Ouija boards".

Just makes you wonder what happened to make people want to avoid them like the plague? I know with my parents generation there were apparently some media coverage of incidents relating to using Ouija boards and that's probably why they always said to keep away, but like I said, I've yet to meet anyone , young or old, that reacts differently (with the possible exception of some fellow Jedi here at the temple) plus we all know how unreliable the media are so I've always looked at stories skwptically anyway.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi