TotJO Programming Thread

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #182934 by
Replied by on topic TotJO Programming Thread
Pardon me, I was speaking partially out of pride. Didn't recognize when my ego came into play.

You're right in that programming does in no way contradict with Jedi Way. It contradicts with my nature. I love it, but there are things I'd love to do more. That is the essence, and the form is irrelevant here.

Thank you j-D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #182935 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic TotJO Programming Thread
Unsure, depends on what your working on perhaps, but whatever it is we might be doing you'll find it has a generally defined 'system' and you could see the relationships within that system as opportunities to mimick a more synergistic architecture of system.

Though I probably wouldn't completely associate work to my spirituality.... because they are different things, that can work together to some extent.

So another option, if you wanted to use fiction references to connect your work time to your path, is to see work as 'trials' and the Jedi Knight Trials were Skill, Courage, Spirit, Flesh, and Insight - so you could associate them to something like the DMAIC or DFSS project methodologies for example, or look at what the job requires and check out the Doctrine to see if any translations can become some new 'Jedi' context for your work effort.

For me, I like to think of simulations to represent complex/useful/human relationships, and so programming is the structural relationships of useful relationships. But that is not so much about programming but rather how I relate to programs perhaps
:blink:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #182972 by
Replied by on topic TotJO Programming Thread
Thank you, Adder!

I know the main thing I love in programming: building healthy systems of relationships. But this goes beyond code. Now I got a job of a developer in a sense that there'll be more high-level design issues. I hope to find some aspects that will allow me to use my humanitarian skills more.

Pure programming is way too rational for me. I am 50/50 humanitarian/technical and I suffer when the balance is 90% technical as it is in programming.

Also, for me it is important not only how to work (Jedi Way) and what to work (career choice, balance between skills), but also where to work (an opportunity to make Jedi Way more substantial in job). I do think it is hard to be satisfied with a job in helping people, in purpose. But purpose is one of aspects of productivity. I do not think we can ignore it - neither as professionals, nor of course as Jedi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi