Replied by on topic The 'Real Me'
Maybe You just don't know ALL about me?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #174483 by
I think, by 'real me' it's helpful to define the motivation behind decisions that shaped person's character.

That is why to know someone is impossible without compassion.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

More
9 years 4 months ago #174544 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The 'Real Me'
Sounds like a reply to someone asserting something which might be inaccurate (or unlikely!), so it could be seen as accuracy to someones intent or ones actions in past. Discussing it in the context of future would seem less useful because we are all changing all the time - no one knows for sure, not even ourselves!

Though each person probably has a core paradigm which shapes intentions and actions, and I've seen people try to undermine what they think someone elses might be in an effort to be manipulative or cause offensive. These might develop during childhood and adolescence and are set by culture mostly probably, and carried through adulthood with only minimal refinement in most cases..... perhaps as Jedi we have an interest to improving that paradigm to a greater extent then other most people?? Is Jedi a paradigm of improving ones paradigm, and is Jedi the real you!
:blink:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
9 years 4 months ago #174549 by Hitira38
Replied by Hitira38 on topic Re:The 'Real Me'
To me the "the real me" is simply a question of identity. A statement of discovery. The Jedi code to me helps me equalize the origins or roots of the real world. To me a lot of people are lost and forced to I herit a world that isn't 100% for them. It's essential to understand.

HN

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175036 by
I'd say the "real me" is who we would be if we were completely uninhibited and unafraid of what people think about us.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175043 by

Streen wrote: I'd say the "real me" is who we would be if we were completely uninhibited and unafraid of what people think about us.

While I do agree to a point I also think that inhibitions a part of who we are and thus part of the 'real you.' For example, I am not the kind of person who would just walk up to women in public and hit on them, but I have friends who are like that. That distinction separates us.

More
9 years 3 months ago #175075 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic The 'Real Me'
Id have to have spent some pretty intimate time with someone to feel like there was any reason they SHOULD know "the real me"

I might express that someone just doesnt know me.
Like if someone makes a snap judgement about me and then proceeds to act as if that judgement is true AND the way that they act is not acceptable to me i will and have explained WHOA GIDDYUP THERE COWPOKE U DONT KNOW THIS HERE ARMADILLA- we all gotta do that sometime or another, but "you dont know the REAL me" just sounds like something a kid would say. :-D

The only ME that anyone knows is the me they have seen. I pretty much remember who has spent enough time with me that i should EXPECT them to know me and thats actually almost no one.
Ive not stayed in one place for more than a few years AT MOST since i was like 19 and that was a long time ago. Ive moved around so much and lost touch eventually with everyone except my mother (who i havent lived with since the same tiime). I actually just came back "home" a couple weeks ago for the first time in almost ten years. Was only phone conversations for that time. Short ones, as a rule.

So even my mother is suprised by what i say and do sometimes although i guess over all she knows me better thananyone else in my life.

But the more i grow the more i learn about myself. The more i ACCEPT about myself really and i think many can relate to this- there are things about myself that i denied because i thought themflaws for other people while for me i was too good for them to be true.
Ive had to be humbled in certain areas and that wasnt real easy. Being humbled is uncomfortable.

And something thats funny in an awesome and beautiful but still really difficult way- there are things about myself that i could not accept because i didnt feel that i was worthy of them.
And in that i had to be humbled too. Who am i to limit myself with shame or fear? What right do i have to deny the world the gifts that it gave me?

At a certain point in my life it was no longer possible to grow without utmost honesty with myself.
This became the basis of my honesty with everyone else. I am only able to be dishonest with you to the extent that i can be dishonest with myself.

So now in my better moments i can look at myself with a humble honesty (not "brutal" honesty-im wary of people wbo say this as i have often found them more inclined to brutality than to honesty) humble honesty does not presume to judge what it finds.

One if not THE most transcendant experiences i have ever had was the moment that i was able to genuinely accept myself as being perfect and perfectly fine EXACTLY AS I AM . That is humble honesty.

I hear already "you just said youre perfect and thats supposed to be HUMBLE?!"
i said I ACCEPT MYSELF AS PERFECT EXACTLY AS I AM RIGHT NOW
and for me at tbe time yes it was
i had a lot of self loathing. I did not like myself in many ways and yet i was soooo full of myself at the same time.

My arrogance was in trying to pick and choose what was already there or not there, and where this or that fit in relation to this or that other within my personality, and doing this based on a judgement system that i pretty much had just accepted from others without really looking at it and deciding what my own standards for my own character were going to be.
So when i finally had that moment of honest acceptance it was humbling because i had to give up control and give up the idea that my system worked. This is extremely humbling.

The awesomeness of this moment was that i really did accept my own beauty and my own power. At a level vastly superior to what i had before.
And when THIS happened, i began to have that experience that ive read about where i could see myself in others.
i never saw myself in other people until i accepted myself without resedvation. Now i see myself in everybody. EVERYBODY.
Not all the time. I still have that hurricane of self talk going on in my head and im still trying to organise the leaves but when i excel to the better part of my self and when i quiet all that gibberish and let me just BE
in those moments i can see how i am the other. Or maybe i have that backwards. Maybe it is not ME that i percieve in them, but them within me?

Either way if im in that moment and someone says "but you dont know the REAL ME"
from now on I'll say
"of course i do I AM YOU!"

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

More
9 years 3 months ago #175345 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic The 'Real Me'
Sorry, I had to throw this in there :dry:

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi