The Secret LIfe of Cell phones

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #174376 by
Replied by on topic The Secret LIfe of Cell phones
I don't think of cell phones as particularly special, but as with many technologies it can be an outlet for all kinds of nasty things. If I suspected a partner was cheating, I would just assume there would be evidence on their cell phone. I don't think I have a right to snoop or demand they reveal their activity on their cell phone, asking them to prove their faithfulness to me would be rather abusive. I might talk to someone who knows the two of us and ask if my suspicions are baseless or have grounds in reality.

I think that if a partner wants to cheat and they don't want to get caught, they're going to find a way to accomplish both. I can't hone in on one thing assume that's the gonna be the way they cheat on me, but I also don't expect my partner to cheat on me. I guess I'm lucky that I haven't had that problem before though, perhaps my trust is a luxury.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #174377 by
My experience has taught me that technology can also make it much HARDER to conceal a secret. Machines don't know how to keep a secret. This whole Sony hacking debacle is a great example. If those emails were conversations OUT LOUD instead of electronic documents, there would be no lasting evidence of them. Instead, these executives are having their electronic communications from years ago thrown back at them.

Even verbal conversations via cell phone are being hacked and recorded. Text conversations never disappear (ask Anthony Weiner) and neither do photos (ask Brett Favre) even if you think you have "erased" them.

If you're going to cheat (which I would never advocate), you're better off hooking up with a complete stranger that lives next door than you are trying to have a virtual relationship with someone 3,000 miles away.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #174387 by

baru wrote:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Lets not make things complicated. You need a sound basis of trust or you have nothing.

More
9 years 4 months ago #174454 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic The Secret LIfe of Cell phones
I'm having deja vu to a topic not that long ago..

Yes... you can conceal conversations etc on your phones, laptops etc... you can hide these things behind passwords and firewalls ...but eventually your behaviour will give you away if you know you're doing something your partner wouldn't approve of.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi