Anyone see this?

More
9 years 4 months ago #171642 by SilverWolf
Replied by SilverWolf on topic Anyone see this?
While the video that Roz found did not mention TOTJO. I did find this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOH9c9TG09Y

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #171683 by
Replied by on topic Anyone see this?
Well I watched it all. I have no problem listening to and trying to understand people opinions even if I strongly disagree. As always I find this kind of thing to have useful information mixed with useless information.

To start with, the questions I see for TOTJO members are:

1. Do we have any Satan worshipers here?
2. Do we have any magic users here?
3. Does anyone here believe that god is in all of us?

If the answer to these is yes then you can't really blame them for associating these things with Jedi-ism. Of course this doesn't make them right about everything or anything but it does help to understand the conclusions they draw.

There is the attack of Joseph Campbells mono myth which as we all know forms the start of the IP here. So they don't agree with it. Big deal. Last time I read journal entries a lot of members here don't either.

The only other thing I found of interest was the bit about the guide stones ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones ). They really exist lol. You learn something everyday. You can't really blame people for getting concerned by this stuff. Over population is a white elephant in most rooms and it is a serious issue that the world will have to address at some stage ( http://www.un.org/en/globalissues/population/ ).

Look at the end of the day it doesn't matter what names people call you or what they accuse you of. I mean are TOTJO members going to go nuts and exterminate Christians or be anything but kind and considerate towards them? If yes then you got to admit the video has a valid point. If no then the video is invalid and time will prove that. Be patient.

Do you need to be concerned about them going crazy? At around the 38 minute mark you'll find the answer which I'd suggest is no. The message is clear. Death is not the end. If your going to be exterminated die being a nice person. Violent acts only makes you as bad as them. A sentiment I can agree with.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #171684 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Anyone see this?

SeventhSL wrote: To start with, the questions I see for TOTJO members are:

Uh oh!

Edit:... you might not want to know what I believed (and still think of often) before coming here

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
9 years 4 months ago #171689 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Anyone see this?

SeventhSL wrote: To start with, the questions I see for TOTJO members are:

I can't claim to know the answer to #1 (though it does bear noting that even LaVeyan Satanists don't worship Satan). That said, the answers to 2 & 3 are "Yes, but that is not an organizational standpoint; those are personal preferences of individuals within the organization."

And, especially in regards to Christendom:

2.) The only thing separating many Catholic rituals from "magic" is the target of the invocations. Otherwise, you'd be utterly amazed at how similar Christian rites (of almost any denomination) and popular conception of "magic" is.

3.) Christians have no reason not to believe this, as a faith that states outright that God breathed life into Man, and that His Son, Jesus, wants to dwell within your heart.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #171693 by

SeventhSL wrote: Well I watched it all. I have no problem listening to and trying to understand people opinions even if I strongly disagree. As always I find this kind of thing to have useful information mixed with useless information.

To start with, the questions I see for TOTJO members are:

About ''God'', what is god? Do you mean the god father of Christ, Tao from the Chinese philosophy, a reflection of your own subconsciousness, or something else?
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #171694 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Anyone see this?

Aqua wrote: About ''God'', what is god? Do you mean the god father of Christ, Tao from the Chinese philosophy, a reflection of your own subconsciousness, or something else?

To derail slightly, almost all conceptions of deity have some sense of personality--they're anthropomorphized into something humans can more readily and easily connect with on an emotional level, whether that base is love, fear, awe, or indignance.

The Tao, the Force, and similar ideas, on the other hand, tend to be more impersonal concepts, and therefore it's much less common to conceive of them as a "deity" in the traditional sense.

To illustrate, I know someone who believes in Balance as the supreme universal force. Balance is not a god in their worldview, because it is impersonal, it lacks a personality or human emotion. It is nothing like its worshipper, and therefore while it is a supreme being, sitting in the spot a god might sit, it is not a god.

Ma'at, however, is a goddess that espouses the same idea. Ma'at is a goddess because Ma'at has been personified; Ma'at has a personality, tendencies, an appearance, motives--all these things that humans have. That makes her more accessible for humans, emotionally, because we seek out things that are the same as us (and, such as the case with housepets, when they are not we pretend that they are).

The same concept, but two different illustrations depending on viewpoint.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by steamboat28.

More
9 years 4 months ago #171699 by SilverWolf
Replied by SilverWolf on topic Anyone see this?
To answer the questions

Do we have any Satan worshipers here? No, I'm not a Satan Worshiper, but when I die in SWTOR I do say " Aw, what the Hell?!? Does that count? :lol:

Do we have any Magic users here?

Well, I have pracriced "slight of hand" Magic when I was a kid and still enjoy buying Addams Magic tricks at 44years old. So I can honestly say I am a Magic User.

I believe God is everywhere. I believe the best description of God being everywhere, or the force is when Yoda explains the force to luke before Yoda lifts the x-wing out of the water.

More
9 years 4 months ago #171706 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Anyone see this?
Satanists? There's bound to be a few. Jedi who practice magick? There are several. Is this important, beyond the needs of idle curiosity?

I have yet to make it through the whole film. It is painful to watch. But I do not think it really warrants a significant response. Not from each of us, and certainly not from the Temple as an organization.

Or, we send them flowers and ask them out for pizza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #171732 by

Edan wrote: Edit:... you might not want to know what I believed (and still think of often) before coming here

Ha ha. :) Well if my post proves anything it is that I like to know what people believe and why. Even if I disagree. I figure there is enough people out there who only want to hear information that reinforces their own opinions without me adding to the list.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi