Anyone see this?

More
9 years 4 months ago #171608 by J_Roz
Anyone see this? was created by J_Roz
So I'm prepping for class today and this popped up on my Youtube Channel.

I clicked on it because the label is: Temple of the Jedi Order, Jediism,philosophical and spiritual ideas of the Jedi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZBl9cRTwLo

Thoughts? I started watching it and was a little bit thrown back.

Roz

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #171612 by
Replied by on topic Anyone see this?
Not sure what this has to do with TotJO or Jediism.

This stuff reeks of the fear-mongering brands of Christianity I grew up with. I want my three and half minutes of life that I just wasted back.

More
9 years 4 months ago #171613 by J_Roz
Replied by J_Roz on topic Anyone see this?
Agreed Jamie.

I am disappointed that they have used our name in that way. I think that's what really bugged me. I'm all about people having their own opinions but they did specifically put our name in the title.

This was posted in October of this year.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Firefly Series

More
9 years 4 months ago #171614 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Anyone see this?

Jedi_Roz wrote: Agreed Jamie.

I am disappointed that they have used our name in that way. I think that's what really bugged me. I'm all about people having their own opinions but they did specifically put our name in the title.

This was posted in October of this year.

Could it be that the name was an unintentional relation to us... Do they actually mention us? (I haven't watched the video).

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #171615 by J_Roz
Replied by J_Roz on topic Anyone see this?

Edan wrote:

Jedi_Roz wrote:
Could it be that the name was an unintentional relation to us... Do they actually mention us? (I haven't watched the video).

I doubt it. They specifically used 'Temple of the Jedi Order' in the title. Its the first set of words. However in skimming through the video itself just for sheer curiosity I can't find an actual mention of us.

Firefly Series

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by J_Roz.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #171616 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Anyone see this?
I watched the whole thing.

I think I deserve a medal. Or a cookie.

Also:

Jedi_Roz wrote:

Edan wrote:

Jedi_Roz wrote: Could it be that the name was an unintentional relation to us... Do they actually mention us? (I haven't watched the video).

I doubt it. They specifically used 'Temple of the Jedi Order' in the title. Its the first set of words. However in skimming through the video itself just for sheer curiosity I can't find an actual mention of us.

Yes. If you look at the other videos from the same account, this isn't the only one that deals with Jedi in some way.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 4 months ago #171617 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Anyone see this?

Jamie Stick wrote: Not sure what this has to do with TotJO or Jediism.

This stuff reeks of the fear-mongering brands of Christianity I grew up with. I want my three and half minutes of life that I just wasted back.

You managed three and a half minutes? Lol!

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #171625 by
Replied by on topic Anyone see this?
I think they are referring to us. The title has TOTJO in it followed by Jediism. They probably heard about us from one of the recent media articles and decided to do a video about us.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 4 months ago #171630 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Anyone see this?
I managed 20 minutes. :S

Personally, I thought it was interesting in a weird way. It’s a pile of rubbish to be sure and reminds me a little of the woman who goes to natural history museums and makes videos about how the dinosaur fossils are fake and everyone's part of this big conspiracy to lie about history. But it’s interesting to watch peoples interpretation of information. Every now and then I recognized myself in the way they said some things. The dismissal of contrary beliefs. The fear of control by others. The push against beliefs that might threaten their own.

“When these people and entities disagree with the bible or try to undermine the bible, well, I know who they really are”

I would love to sit down with someone like that and try to understand just why someone having a different belief is so threatening. But I dont think that if I asked "why if your God is all powerful, omnipotent, then why is everyone so afraid of the devil?" that the conversation would last very long :woohoo:

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Breeze el Tierno

More
9 years 4 months ago #171641 by SilverWolf
Replied by SilverWolf on topic Anyone see this?
I managed to get through all 41 minutes. 100% of it is basically edited and spliced and only "parts" of information. There is a lot of Hate messages and stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi