Exploring the Religious Naturalist Option

More
9 years 5 months ago #171304 by Breeze el Tierno
Ursula Goodenough wrote an interesting post on the 13.7 section of NPR. With regard to the Temple's emphasis on syncretics, I thought this might be in interesting framework for many of us to consider.

The article can be found here .

I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Alexandre Orion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #171305 by Adder
II thought the link was going to be about nudity!!

"Naturism, or nudism, is a cultural and political movement practicing, advocating and defending social nudity, most of which takes place on private property. "

But seriously, yes it sounds familiar ;)

You can probably guess I'm going to wonder if the 3 Pillars or 3 Tenets align with intepretive, spiritual and moral modalities :silly:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #171306 by
That's actually really interesting. My thoughts actually align a lot with the religious naturalist platform. I just never had a name for it. The closest was humanism, although I settled on agnostic. Ever since my deconversion I've been heavy on science (I was bared from studying certain scientific subjects for a creationist narrative). I like that it changes as new evidence is brought forth. :) I'd have to look into it more but it looks like so,etching I could align with.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #171359 by

Adder wrote: II thought the link was going to be about nudity!!

"Naturism, or nudism, is a cultural and political movement practicing, advocating and defending social nudity, most of which takes place on private property. "

You can probably guess I'm going to wonder if the 3 Pillars or 3 Tenets align with intepretive, spiritual and moral modalities :silly:

Naturalists like natural things. Naturists like getting back to "nature" lol. That's how I remember it :P

More
9 years 4 months ago #171361 by steamboat28

Akkarin wrote:

Adder wrote: II thought the link was going to be about nudity!!

Naturalists like natural things. Naturists like getting back to "nature" lol. That's how I remember it :P

Though, to be fair, I'm really surprised there's not a Naturist Naturalist religion making it's way across the world loudly.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi