Who's responsibility?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170042 by
Replied by on topic Who's responsibility?
I won't dispute that. However, if we're going to separate people and government for the purpose of this discussion, then I don't think that the problem is government. It's the people. Government is just a skeleton and people are the muscles, organs, and tissue that keep it up. If government is failing in any of its duties, it's the peoples' fault.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 5 months ago #170046 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Who's responsibility?

Government is just a skeleton and people are the muscles, organs, and tissue that keep it up

That's actually a really good analogy. Our cells are not governed by a central authority, the job they do is only ever as good as the cell itself...

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170047 by
Replied by on topic Who's responsibility?

ren wrote:

Government is just a skeleton and people are the muscles, organs, and tissue that keep it up

That's actually a really good analogy. Our cells are not governed by a central authority, the job they do is only ever as good as the cell itself...

Well, if cells could elect a brain your anaology would work.

Also, in terms of anatomy, individual cells do have a lot of functions that are in fact independent of the brain. My skin cell attached to a nerve will tell the brain when it gets cut, but the brain doesn't dictate to the skin cell how its golgi complex works.

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 5 months ago #170073 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Who's responsibility?

Arkayik wrote:

Jestor wrote: Once I post things, I can clear my head again...:)

Just wondering, did it work?

Was posting this cathartic and were you then able to clear it from your head?

Yes...

When I roll ideas around I'm my head, like clay, soon I have all the rough edges off...

When I share it with others, the first thing they do is flatten it, and start to reshape it....

As I said, I have no issue helping people, and I do...

Rosalyn, you are not being compared to the cable bill...

What was being compared, is only so much money comes in, and so much goes out...

When you don't have enough income, and you cannot pay your bills, you have to start cutting back, is my premise...

I'm glad the services exist, I truly am...:)

And I'm sorry you missed my comparison, I really am...

My point is, we, and by that, I mean the US, cannot continue the way it has...

Thank you everyone for your comments...

I see where I was stuck....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #171651 by
Replied by on topic Re:Who's responsibility?
Not to step on any toes but for most people Social Security is not a charity. It was a savings account that earns interest, so that when one retired or can no longer work, they have some money to help support themselves. I hat SS being called a welfare or a charity, or a government handout. To use references like that is like saying money you've put into your private savings is welfare. Our government broke the law when they started dipping their hands into our SS accounts, and like a bunch of uneducated cowards we sat back and let them continue to do it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi