Jedi in Oregon in need of help

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #169547 by
I am re-posting for a Jedi in my Jedi Donations FB Page in hope's to reach out to potential helpers. If you are able to help, please PM me for contact info.

We have a Jedi in southern Oregon, homeless and stuck there until he can get a replacement VA id so he has some identification and can get back with his family. It's a bit of a long story. I'm not sure if anyone here knows anyone around Grants Pass Oregon willing to take in a stranger, or provide assistance such as taking him to lunch. I paid for a night in the motel 6 for him tonight so he could get more than 2 hours of sleep tonight.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #169550 by Rosalyn J
I dont live in Oregon, but maybe some donations could be sent. Imagine if everyone who read this sent like 5 or 10 dollars. Would that work via Paypal?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #169551 by
Replied by on topic Jedi in Oregon in need of help
Oy. I don't know anybody in Oregon. :(

I will check my facebook feed for anybody who does, though.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #169571 by
I am certain a Paypal donation would be of great help $5 can get a man a meal + hot coffee on these cold mornings. Contact Jackie Mayer for said donations or PM me for her contact information. *bows*

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #169659 by
My aunt lives in Washington. Might be able to help.

Side note: when we do finally have a physical temple, I think temporary living quarters would be a great idea. Free to stay there for a bit, but you help clean and cook and maintain the grounds just like a Buddhist temple.

More
9 years 5 months ago #169665 by rugadd
Thats exactly my plan, Oneiros.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #169667 by steamboat28

Oneiros wrote: Side note: when we do finally have a physical temple, I think temporary living quarters would be a great idea. Free to stay there for a bit, but you help clean and cook and maintain the grounds just like a Buddhist temple.

Why wait? Couchsurfing.org has been around since 1999, and it works with strangers. We (more or less) know one another here, and we have a member map to see who's closest. Maybe we (those Jedi who are in a position to) should just open our homes to fellow Jedi the way we do our minds and hearts?
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by steamboat28.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 5 months ago #169713 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Jedi in Oregon in need of help
just sending the paypal link would probably make things easier. I don't know if Jax has an account here.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #169714 by

ren wrote: just sending the paypal link would probably make things easier. I don't know if Jax has an account here.

I'm sure it would Ren. But seeings how I am just the messenger copy and pasting to spread the word. I do not have this kind of personal information, and Im sure Jackie dosn't want such information just spread out willy nilly across the internet. Jedi or not. So out of respect for her privacy and information, I will gladly give you her contact information VIA PM should you request it :)

when we do finally have a physical temple, I think temporary living quarters would be a great idea. Free to stay there for a bit, but you help clean and cook and maintain the grounds just like a Buddhist temple.

I think it is a great idea, one many has already discussed before. Myself and my husband, for now, simply open our doors and extra bed to those in need (Under circumstances - Safety Cautions applied) Ask Hannigan ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #171317 by
I am still on hiatus. But I felt others here would appreciate an update concerning this subject. Here is a copy and paste from my contact.

First off, he got his id, so he now has official government id, which makes so much more possible. And then he got a ride up to his family where he saw his kids for the first time in 2 months!

Everyone's donations allowed him to take a few days to regain his sleep, eat, and be able to think clearly again. The value of that can't be understated.

They still have roads to travel to fully resolve the situation, but he has leads on jobs thanks to various Jedi and other connections in the area. I passed along quite a few tools to help him create his life in new ways. All in all I'm confident things will continue to improve for them all. I'm incredibly grateful that others stepped up to help as well. :-) Thanks again!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi