Is A Fertilized Human Egg A Person?

More
9 years 4 months ago #169336 by Br. John

Rickie The Grey wrote: BJ

Were not talking about an egg now are we?

Is it right for a majority or a vocal minority to assert they are correct to take away the freedom of choice from someone they disagree with?

I thought of making a new topic but decided to see if this one could progress for awhile. It probably will have to be broken up at some point.

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #169339 by Wescli Wardest

Is A Fertilized Human Egg A Person?

I have waited a while to respond to this one because my responses to this particular topic never seem to be popular or appreciated. :P

Is A Fertilized Human Egg A Person? I don’t think so. I believe it is a fertilized egg. And I believe it is the beginning of life. Yes, even though I don’t think it is a person, I do believe it is a life form. And I believe in the inherent value of all life. Even the bad guys, the ones that are barely alive, the ones that we aren’t sure what kind of life form it is and bugs. All life.

Often times, this question is asked to validate abortion or to not have abortion. Should people be able t have an abortion? Sure. I would hope that they would never want to though. Right, wrong, who knows and who are we to stand in judgment of another?

I don’t tell a lot of people this, but I was supposed to be an abortion baby. Yup. I could have had my entire existence snuffed out before it ever happened.

Do we have the right to abortions; live. I don’t know. I have never understood the sense of entitlement people have because they were born. I know that sounds mean to confrontational but I’m serious. I really don’t make that connection. Bad things happen… to everyone. That is one reason we are Jedi. To stand up for those that cannot defend themselves. Right, wrong, there just is. And both the joy and spender of living in this wonderful world; or the harsh reality that afflicts you. It’s your choice. How are you going to look at it?

Okay, I will climb down from my little soap box now. :P

Thank you for listening. :D

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 4 months ago #169359 by ren

Rickie The Grey wrote: BJ

Were not talking about an egg now are we?

Is it right for a majority or a vocal minority to assert they are correct to take away the freedom of choice from someone they disagree with?

Welcome to society. Where people who don't get murdered and also don't commit murder create and enforce rules about murder. Murder victims and perpetrators are absolutely outraged by this blatant disregard for self-determination by the ruling elite, which proves once again all they're good at is enforce their backward values on everyone else.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #169364 by
I find it interesting how vehemently confrontational and blunt our members are getting about this topic. Where is the respect towards each others' views, especially towards the views of our senior Jedi on the Council and in the Clergy? It seems as Jedi and learning Jedi Novices & Initiates we should take a more calm and rational approach, not letting emotion cloud our judgement. This is simply my observation.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

More
9 years 4 months ago #169369 by Br. John

M Gray wrote: I find it interesting how vehemently confrontational and blunt our members are getting about this topic. Where is the respect towards each others' views, especially towards the views of our senior Jedi on the Council and in the Clergy? It seems as Jedi and learning Jedi Novices & Initiates we should take a more calm and rational approach, not letting emotion cloud our judgement. This is simply my observation.

I knew this would be a hot topic so I started with it. It's part of a series I have in mind on Justice, in this case reproductive justice. Ideas are fair game. Read on.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 4 months ago #169371 by Br. John
http://nyti.ms/1ACFrP2

THE OPINION PAGES | OP­ED CONTRIBUTORS | NYT NOW

A version of this op­ed appears in print on November 8, 2014, on page A21 of the New York edition with the headline: Pregnant, and No Civil Rights.

© 2014 The New York Times Company

Pregnant, and No Civil Rights

By LYNN M. PALTROW and JEANNE FLAVIN NOV. 7, 2014

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #169522 by
Good question. I am kind of torn between yes and no because the fertilized egg starts to develop a baby inside it and makes a sac around it, leaving the outermost part disappear and some don't develop that far because of miscarriages. good idea and nice critical thinking.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi