Tattoos and Jedi?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167114 by
Replied by on topic Tattoos and Jedi?

Jestor wrote: The temple has few policies and rules....

Mostly they concern with activities on the site...

I too have ink, and earrings... Been thinking of gauging up... But not sure the Mrs. will go for it, lol...

I doubt I will...

But maybe...

Nah...

Well....

;)

I have a lot of friends who have got some seriously gauged ears, like being able to put industrial padlocks through them huge :blink: not me though I don't have a pierced anything, never really liked the idea of having metal through my flesh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167117 by
I want a tattoo. So does my wife.

But we don't want to pay for it, haha. Every time we get all motivated to get one together we then realize the hundreds of dollars it will cost and then we change our minds.

I would get the hebrew letters from my avatar tattooed down my right tricep but my wife thinks it would look stupid, lol. She's probably right, haha.

More
9 years 5 months ago #167118 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Tattoos and Jedi?

Johnothon wrote: I have a lot of friends who have got some seriously gauged ears, like being able to put industrial padlocks through them huge

My fiance is one of those kinds of people.... tried to stretch my ears but they're just determined to stay their own shape!

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167124 by
I would never want my wife or kids to gauge their ears! Looks nasty in my opinion, haha.

But to each their own. If the kids want to do that someday, it's their ears!

More
9 years 5 months ago #167129 by J_Roz
Replied by J_Roz on topic Re:Tattoos and Jedi?
I have many tattoos and piercings. Will be going back for more tattoos ;-)

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167130 by
If I can ever get my body back to pre-2 children.....I plan to get tattoos on my back. As long as you are not purposfully trying to be offensive to someone and being respectful to both yourself and those around you. I see no reason why not.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167209 by
<--- my only tattoo, and it is Jedi related. It is the New Jedi Order symbol, and I got it before I found the Temple here.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 5 months ago #167213 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Tattoos and Jedi?

Learn_To_Know wrote: I would never want my wife or kids to gauge their ears! Looks nasty in my opinion, haha.

But to each their own. If the kids want to do that someday, it's their ears!

lol...

"Gauge up" doesn't just mean those huge earring, lol....

Standard earrings are 16 or 14 gauge... Those are like the size you would pierce an ear with a starter stud...

I think I'm at a 12 gauge right now...

Just a little bigger.... eyeballing a 10...;)

Picture a guy wearing little dainty gold hoops, and then one wearing a set a little bit thicker, lol....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

&quot;Bake or bake not. There is no fry&quot; - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #167217 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Tattoos and Jedi?
I was one of those 80's teens ... :blush:

Fashion-wise, I don't want to go back. But the jewellery was nice. B)

In my ears, there are 3 piercings in my right ear, 3 in my left - but not symmetrically ... They weren't all done at the same time, and were oriented to the changing styles through the following years. It started of with a basic pair. Then the pair with a right side satellite. Then another for the left (someone gave me a really nice pair of earrings and I didn't want to lose the one I wasn't wearing - remember, I was a 20-something then). Then when the 90's rolled around, there was that top of the ear thing that looked pretty sweet ... :cheer:

Now, I don't wear much jewellery at all. I usually have a taijitsu around the neck on a simple cord, but I've become pretty austere in my personal décor. :)

EDIT : I guess since the opening post was about tattoos, I should say : I haven't had any bodily graffiti done, but it isn't that I haven't thought about it. But then again, given what I said with regard to jewellery and ears and the like above, I would not want to have something I couldn't wear or not wear, or couldn't just wash off ... I know myself well enough to know that I do indeed get tired of things ... :unsure:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Alexandre Orion.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167239 by
I have three tattoos at the moment. A yin yang symbol on my chest, Melissa on my forearm, and a red swords on my shoulder. I am planning on getting another with Molly on the other forearm,

I like the idea of having the Jedi code as a tattoo but I wouldn't do that until Knighthood.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi