disconnection from and reconnection with the Force

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167959 by
May the Force be with You!

This reply will not directly answer the original questions raised. It also doesn't completely follow every other reply it precedes. It does hope, however, to address the very real issue of connection (or disconnection) and encourage reconnection with the Force.

The Temple's Doctrine states that "Jediism is a religion based on the observance of the Force, a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Jedi (a follower of Jediism) believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe."

In The 16 Teachings, there is "1. Jedi are in touch with the Force. We are open to spiritual awareness and keep our minds in tune with the beauty of the world. We are forever learning and open our minds to experiences and knowledge of ourselves and others."

Finally, in The 21 Maxims, we see " Harmony: To be connected to the Force. A Jedi seeks to live in harmony with the Force, for that is the reason to be a Jedi. To better understand its ways, to better know one's place within it."

The opening words of the Doctrine I quoted above tells us that the Force pervades the universe. In the Teachings, we as Jedi are "in touch with the Force. We "seek," in the Maxims, to be specifically "connected" to the Force.

We have, as Jedi, conscious access to the Force. It is a choice we make when we embrace Jediism to acknowledge, connect to, and remain in communion with the Force. With this we elect ourselves to a sacred representation of and duty to the Force that is not unlike a position of priesthood. We do not necessarily ascribe intelligence to the Force but we hold it in some degree of reverence.

When we say, in the tradition of the lore, "may the Force be with you," we mean that 1) the person be in communion; and 2) they remain in communion with the Force. Being in communion requires that one is in accord with the "underlying, fundamental nature" that is the Force. When we act counter to it, the Force can in very real ways act against us. I'm sure many of us have already learned this reality the hard way.

All life are naturally connected to the Force. Imagine that to be a default setting. The Force sustains our continued existence. We do, from time to time, astray. But our survival instincts alert us to reconnect and everytime it is up to us to either oblige or stay severed.

So what happens when we are disconnected from the Force?

Imagine you were a notebook. Normally, you are plugged to a power outlet when in use. But you are designed so you can run on battery when mobile. When you are running on battery, your battery charge eventually runs out and you need to be plugged into a power outlet again. When you are plugged in (connected), you run on AC and do not use up your battery charge.

The problem with humans is that, unlike laptops, they're not rechargeable. When we are disconnected from the Force, we depend solely on our bodies to produce the vitality that we need to function normally. Our bodies get it from the food that we eat. That means our bodies can produce only as little or more of that vitality depending on the quality of our diet. If we have unhealthy eating habits, then we are bound to not only expect as little of that vitality to be produced but, additionally, require more of that vitality to be used for cell and tissue repair. That means we spend more and earn less of that vitality. Eventually, we exhaust ourselves.

Continued disconnection from the Force is dangerous. It can pose serious threats to us and, alarmingly, those around us.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167995 by
My current situation is very unique on my way. I don't experience disconnection often. This kind of it - is first (and maybe last) in my life.

I'm spiritually/emotionally disconnected from life and therefore, the Force. I'm somewhere between my two personal eras - the era of endogenous depression and the era of new life. It's like starting a whole new book, when you are not been involved in it yet. You go forward, seeking something that touches you.

New era or not, the drive to Live is in every man's nature and it's pushing me forward even in this detachment. So it's not mechanical existence.

This drive to Live is central to Life and the Living Force. I fear not and trust the Force even when I can't sense it and experience a paralysis of will.

Ain't no problem left for me to discuss really ) Thank you everybody! )

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi