You know the question?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167002 by
Replied by on topic You know the question?
I do believe we create our own world based on our perception of things. If you believe the world is out to get you then it'll be difficult to see the good in the world. Eventually paranoia will eat you up

I'm also the same when I see litter or rubbish on the floor, I just have to pick it up.

I have a similar feeling when I see people mistreating others; animals, their children, their partners... I feel it my duty to at least say something, to stand up for the voiceless or powerless (I draw the line at meeting violence with actual violence)

One quote I like which is pertinent for when you feel powerless to act because they think it won't make a difference...

"If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #167204 by
"It's only paint on a ceiling", said no one ever about Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel (or one may add here their favorite painting here).

"It's only ink on paper", said no one ever about Homer's The Odyssey (or one may add here their favorite book here).

"It's only a movie", conflates medium and message...to look only at the pointing finger rather than that to which the finger points.

Films, paintings and books are the media by which directors, painters and authors express myth and symbol. Certainly, one may criticize, critique, and interpret the mythic or symbolic content; the use of visual images and dialogue in film, the expressive quality of the painting, or the plot and characterization of the novel. Art is the media by which humans express myth and symbol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #167505 by
I believe they are a great source of inspiration but we shouldn't take them too seriously. Clinging to anything too tight isn't good. These things may think differently, and that is a very good thing, but they are aids/guides to help us think and discover ourselves. I feel that is our journey in life.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi