I'd Like to Hear Your Thoughts on Acceptance

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #166429 by Carlos.Martinez3
The Jedi i am becoming has a acceptance motive. To find the Force and live with it. Not just acknowledge it but to enjoy it and live WITH it. Allow it to be a part of what i am doing and at times use it to complete things i can not for myself.There are some things that can be tolerated now don't get me wrong but my hope is to accept things more than tolerate.
That being said i do not blindly accept anything with out first knowing what it is and how it works. Meditation and research are a very powerful duo in life. Both can keep you from folly 80 percent of the time.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #166431 by Rosalyn J
How are you moving from tolerance to acceptance in your training?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166436 by
I think therefore i am.......

I think that instead of creating rules and doctrines to follow we need to have a belief system that can evolve and change with time and opinion. If we incase life with rules our natural instinct is to challenge the said rule, we will change the rule for our own good (just like this discussion, we are all looking at it through one set of eyes).

I think we are all inherently good ..... it is only through opinion and pressure that we become bad (evil). We need a belief system that are guides not hard and fast rules, a system that can evolve with time and opinion.

The mear fact we are talking is postive, with that we start to understand diffrence of opinion is a wonderful thing. It allows us to challenge ourselves and understand that life, no matter how diffrent we all can be, is a rich and wonderful place to be. If we can all talk, show compassion and lend a helping hand the world would inherently become a better place to live.

More
9 years 5 months ago #166437 by Rosalyn J
I really liked your post and I think that Jediism is a pretty good example of how we can create evolving religions.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166438 by
Thank you... this is my first day on the site, i hope that we can reach out to people not in the name of God alla budda ect...but in the name of people.

We need to be people who want to make a diffrence, challenge the forefront of religion and create something unique and freeing in the name humanity and peace

It's good to talk to you just by this action we inrich each other's life.

May the force be with you

More
9 years 5 months ago #166439 by Rosalyn J
Ditto on wanting to reach people in the name of people. That's what will make us different.

How do you like the Temple so far?

Have you started the studies?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
9 years 5 months ago #166440 by Carlos.Martinez3
My movement has been long from my recent training, i have learned to weigh things as per good for me or bad for me. keep the good not keep the bad. Seems easy enough but not so easy to identify in real life some times. Iit takes practice and perseverance to define both and it takes much more exp points to utilize which is which. For me its a kind of think on where that will take you and see if that is the choice what u want.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J

More
9 years 5 months ago #166442 by Rosalyn J
I chuckled when I read "experience points" because I immediately thought of all the games I have played. I never thought of how that concept might be applied to offline life.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166443 by
The site is great .... People seem really friendly which is a bonus.

I haven't started the studies, I wanted to get a feel for the place first.... I don't want to be forced into thinking a lot differently than I do now. I just wanted to be a part of something that has similar beliefs to me but above all allow me the freedom to be me. I believe I know right from wrong and i belive people make the diffrence not God ....not any bright light.... Just people. If we all push in the right direction we inherently enrich others, we all make a diffrence in all kinds of ways.

Many thanks for taking the time to read and understand how I feel.

More
9 years 5 months ago #166446 by Rosalyn J
Be assured, the temple is not about "forcing" anyone to think differently and more about exploration. As we work through our own thoughts on a topic, like this one for instance, we come away better people for the engagement and we learn something about ourselves and the world in the process.

The studies I mentioned are exercises in exploration, as is all our work in the temple. We believe that everyone has something unique to offer us and so we don't want to change the person you are now.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi