I'd Like to Hear Your Thoughts on Acceptance

More
9 years 5 months ago #166407 by Rosalyn J
Of the three, understanding stood out to me as probably one of the most difficult. So what is it that we are "understanding"

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166409 by
1. intrest (looking for a journey or path)
2. Learning (learn about the subject both good and bad)
3. Decide (if it's Wright for you)
4. Acceptance (start the journey)

More
9 years 5 months ago #166410 by Edan
Understanding of what is happening and why.. the cause and context of a situation.

I recognise my friend is ill, I understand why he is ill and how it will affect his life, and I accept that there is only so much I can do to help and how that will affect our friendship.

I'm not sure though that acceptance is always the best option.. If everyone in history had simply 'accepted' their situations, I think things would be a lot different.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
9 years 5 months ago #166411 by Rosalyn J

Edan wrote: I'm not sure though that acceptance is always the best option.. If everyone in history had simply 'accepted' their situations, I think things would be a lot different.

I like this here because it demonstrates another facet of acceptance. The idea that sometimes we have to accept that we need to "change" something.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166412 by
The act of accepting is not giving ...... up its accepting today and changing tommorow for a better level of acceptance

More
9 years 5 months ago #166419 by Rosalyn J
Let's take it away from our individual selves and focus on the collective by answering this question: "How do we create accepting environments"?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166421 by
Wow..... What a question.

If we can do this I feel a Nobel peace prize is ours for the taking.

1. What environment Can you think of that is an accepting environment ?
2. How does the accepting environment adapt to diffrence of opinion ?
3. How do you get over the fact that an accepting environment is in the eye of the beholder ?

In my honest opinion I don't think you can create an accepting environment. I think you have to create an environment that allows honest debate and open thinking. I think this forum is as close to an accepting environment you probably can get.

Great question, I hope as an order we can strive to create something as close to an acepting environment as we can.

More
9 years 5 months ago #166423 by Carlos.Martinez3
Tolerance and acceptance are two different things, acceptance Intel's that we will live with our decision and what ever we have acknowledged we chose to be a part of it and be a part of the thing that has been inserted. makes sense? in other words if i accept...insert what ever... i am now a part of it i live with it and i function with it. Tolerance is mearly a grace granted to reside with. not co exist. but just acknowledgment.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #166424 by Rosalyn J

3. How do you get over the fact that an accepting environment is in the eye of the beholder ?

Wow this question made me pause, man.

So an accepting environment is in the eye of the beholder, eh?

Then we have to ask, is any environment accepting except to those people who are accepted? So then, we create an in and out group of accepted and not accepted. No matter how big we make the circle, the fact that we made a circle at all is problematic. When we accept one thing, or some things, we reject others, right?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Rosalyn J.

More
9 years 5 months ago #166425 by Rosalyn J

carlos.martinez3 wrote: Tolerance and acceptance are two different things, acceptance Intel's that we will live with our decision and what ever we have acknowledged we chose to be a part of it and be a part of the thing that has been inserted. makes sense? in other words if i accept...insert what ever... i am now a part of it i live with it and i function with it. Tolerance is mearly a grace granted to reside with. not co exist. but just acknowledgment.

Of the two: tolerance and acceptance, which, based on your definition, is the goal of the Jedi?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi