The Balance

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #166073 by
The Balance was created by
So much time is spent displaying and describing the difference between light and dark. Not only here, to which I am granted a newcomer, but in life in general. There is an inherent need to see the separation between right and wrong, good and bad, light and dark, people who talk at the movies and those who shush them....

The Balance is something that I have revered since I can remember. You can be the clown and the smart kid at the same time. In fact its better that way because you approach humor from a point of intelligence, and you portray your intellect with a laugh. The 6'8 bruiser on the football team that volunteers at the local soup kitchen, the cut throat used car salesperson that signs over part of their check to the local animal shelter, the person who strives endlessly to enhance the income of their recorded artist company through whatever means are necessary and still finds the time to go on ahead and say yes (insert name of a band you cant stand here) we'll sign you on for three more albums.

More importantly however is the balance within. Concerning with life necessities like family well being, and the ceaseless job to support them. Time apart and enhanced time together can be rather difficult to maintain no matter the circumstances.

Work and Play, Family and Friends, Health (meneal and physical) and Wealth (literal and figurative).

Do you go for the loaded mash because you spent 30 minutes on the treadmill? Have you call out sick because you just wanted a day to spend at home with your family?

I suppose my overall idea here is that finding balance is something I have always wanted to be a constant in my life regardless of which one of endless categories that may fall under. How often is the balance supported, and how often do people so without even realizing it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #166167 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic The Balance
To find the balance between compatible goods is hardly a challenge.
To find a balance between mutually exclusive values is impossible.

First you say that people talk of the difference and separation of right and wrong, light and darkness, but then right after the comma you go on to compare this to people who talk at the theater and those who shush at others for doing so. Are they really the same?

I would suggest that to separate things like humour and intelligence (to pick one of your examples) is the disbalanced thing to do. It never occurred to me that there is an inherent line between the two that needed to be blurred or erased. Why would anyone think so? I do however draw a line between intelligence and stupidity, humour and dryness... And sometimes I see irony between calling out to perceive more balance... while also perceiving less of it than there actually might be.

May your journey bring peace and balance to you and the people around you. Cheers.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Gisteron.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #166173 by
Replied by on topic The Balance
Balance is dynamic. We're never perfectly balanced but waver over the balance point. We may be still for a moment but soon move off center. We're complex creatures, it's the nature of life. Striving for balance in ones life is always a work in progress. What I attempt is not to tilt my balance to the extreems, one way or the other. As you live , learn and gain experience (learn from your mistakes) the fluctuations in life are less extreme. Some may call this mellowed out or at peace with the world. Lifes a journey. :(

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi