Virtues or Choices?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166188 by
Replied by on topic Virtues or Choices?
Again, you make a valid point with the example given, Wescli. I do believe I touched on this, but it is a choice, when the situation allows. There are circumstances and situations out of our control where we have no choice but to wait or to "be patient".

These situations give us a chance to refocus our thoughts and make better decisions. In Wescli's example while he was waiting, he could have gotten frustrated and pitched a fit, knowing it would do no good or he could have waited and accepted that it was out of his control and find something more constructive or worthwhile to pour his focus into while he waited.

I think Patience is more of a practice, like Jediism, to better ourselves by making better choices when situations allow and moving forward and not falling backward.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #166284 by Llama Su
Replied by Llama Su on topic Virtues or Choices?
Hurry up, but wait...
:sick: :dry: :laugh:
We all have to exist by rules, and natural universal law...
There is a time and place to know the right "choice" to hurry or to wait... :silly:
Conscious awareness of the impact of either, in the moment, is in our mastering the way of the tenants: Focus, knowledge, wisdom...
The practice of teaching number eight.
To have a patient mind and patient action, matched or balanced...
Patience is of high value for it is inner work, self actualization....
Patience can accompany any other virtue, this is why I personally think it is the greatest of.

To not have patience shows or exhibits desire, an attachment to expectation to rush or hurry, and or of young/youthful/immature/ or weak mind...
A selfish trait to take/ receive/ demand patience in others for you, yet to have/ provide/ give no patience in others...

I think it takes a conscious awareness, maybe choice, to balance the hurry with the wait...

Just my opinion...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi