Personal 'Codes'

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #165792 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Personal 'Codes'

It is essentially a piece under the perception that you are the universe reminding itself to let it be as it is, and to appreciate itself as it is experienced, through your eyes.

Be things as they are
Do things as they do
Know not one but all
Know not all but one
Breathe and feel life
Smile and know joy
Laugh and know play
Nothing else matters

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Journals/105619-book-of-proteus-personal-log?start=20#136597

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #165805 by
Replied by on topic Personal 'Codes'
Mine would be "Seek the truth, Speek the truth".

It sounds oh so simple but I can't speek the truth unless I seek it first. That means I have to concur my fears and emotions for things i dont want to hear and look at everything from many different perspectives. That means listening to and caring for the thoughts of everyone. It means drawing positive lessons even from life's most challenging people.

If I am judgmental, contentious, easily bruised or lazy I fail my own code as I fail to listen and so can not seek.

The opposite of my code would be "Seek the lie, Seak the lie". I don't see anything positive there unless you want to live life in denial or rule the world like a Star Wars movie Sith. So some will find that a better code.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #165883 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Personal 'Codes'
Not the code Alexandre Orion requested... that is still in the works.

More like, "What I've noticed is.."
  1. Everything eats.
  2. Every system is in the act of becoming something else. Extra energy can only hold one way so long.
  3. You can pay up front or you can pay out back, but you always pay. Generally, up front is cheaper.
  4. The universe abides life, but does not favor one over another.
  5. There is no justice. It’s just us.
  6. Love and kindness are indispensable.
  7. They all talk.

It is, admittedly, a very personal shorthand.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Breeze el Tierno. Reason: correction
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #166730 by
"A Jedi shall not know anger. Nor hatred. Nor love." I've known love. I've seen love. I've been betrayed, cried, and felt the pain of loss. Still, I choose to love. I choose love. I choose life.

That was a code I lived by a few years ago in the face of disappointment after disappointment in romance. I wasn't then aware of Jediism. I was, however, indulging in Star Wars films. Star Wars is where I quote "A Jedi shall not know anger. Nor hatred. Nor love" from. My fascination of the Jedi in the films had me wishing to become a "real life Jedi" until hard realities of life choked me out of that enchantment and I began embracing that code above, calling myself "the Unjedi."

It was only a couple days ago that I learned about the existence of the Temple of the Jedi Order. I was reading a magazine article about it on the BBC website, citing a curious rise in the percentage of the population referring to themselves as "Jedi" in the religion census. I then found myself researching on this "new religious movement." My old burninging interest in the Jedi is rekindled.

I understand that Jediism is not a fictional role-playing and that this church is a separate entity from the Star Wars Universe and LucasArts. I have read the homepage statement, Doctrine, FaQ, and the Oaths. I come with a serious interest in the real Jedi religion in the real world.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167831 by
My code is a minimal formula:

1) rise

That means that when I feel grey and tired inside, I have to go through inner rebirth, rise to Life. That's my trigger to fight internal conflict.

2) grit

That means, when the environment is depressing and you have to adopt and fight it somehow, - to chose the (psychologically) hard path, for it is (most of the time) the right one. That's my trigger to fight external conflict.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi