The ebola situation

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163642 by
Replied by on topic The ebola situation

ren wrote: let's be perfectly honest here, if all they wanted was medical staff they'd be financing doctors without borders. What they need is containment capability. Besides the US has a big army and that's about it. They don't have any experience in distributing free healthcare at a national scale.

Which is why its totally pointless to send us in there. Just watch, in a few weeks time you'll be hearing about how all these soldiers are now getting Ebola because of this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163657 by
In a few days we'll know if it has been contained in the US.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 6 months ago #163761 by ren
Replied by ren on topic The ebola situation
it still perplexes me why they moved people who they knew were infected with ebola, or in the case of that guy in texas, why more wasn't done to prevent the infection of others. It does prove a point I've made for some time now though: it is in the rich's interest to pay for the poor's healthcare for the simple reason that they can't catch something from someone who doesn't carry anything.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163800 by
Don't worry Ren, I'm still losing brain cells trying to understand that. What they should have done was stopped any and all flights from that country. Keep it from spreading. Get a coalition of doctors and medical personel from different countries. Involve other organizations such as the Red Cross etc, and allow them to go over there and help if they wish. When the situation seems to be under control, and they are wishing to return to their home country, keep them in quarinteen from everyone, for 1 or 2 months, then transport them back. I'd also suggest from each country to keep doing some observations and testings on their citizens when they return for at least a month.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #165465 by
So far so good. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi