The ebola situation

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163060 by
The ebola situation was created by
I'm curious to know what a lot of you think should be done about this situation. Obviously we aren't in any position to do anything really but I'd like to know what your opinions are. What would be the best solution to stop the spread?

I've heard people say that there should be a 30 day quarantine of the countries that have the virus, no one gets in no one gets out. The people in the states that have it, their friends and family who have been in contact, all isolated by force if necessary for 30 days.

I've also heard people say that just treating them as they come in I'd all we can do.

What do you guys think? In addition, because this is so sudden and so quick to kill, do you think this is nature's way of eradicating our large population and do you think it will do so?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163064 by
Replied by on topic The ebola situation
Its not just that simple. You can have Ebola without knowing you have it, it takes up to 4-5 weeks just for the symptoms to slowly develop. Not only that but there is still speculation on when the virus becomes contagious. Some say it is when the symptoms start to develop, however others disagree.

The situation in Dallas is getting worse day by day, up to 80-100 people as of yesterday were possibly infected by patient 0. Now an NBC camera man is also infected. Obama has sent 3,000 troops to help battle Ebola, and is now pledging close to 600 additional troops. This will get worse before it will get better.

How to stop it? Hard to say because now America is infected, from an American standpoint, its going to be extremely hard to do so. For the rest of the world? Cut off all flights and traffics from countries that have Ebola infected people.

More
9 years 6 months ago #163071 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic The ebola situation

Revan Falton wrote: Obama has sent 3,000 troops to help battle Ebola...

And a virus is vulnerable to bullets
Gotta Love America

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163072 by

Gisteron wrote:

Gotta Love America

Well this is probably why. Lol! :lol: :P

http://bigamericannews.com/2014/09/30/africa-confirms-3rd-ebola-victim-rises-from-the-dead-releases-picture-of-first-ebola-zombie-captured/

But in all seriousness, that makes no sense at all to me.

More
9 years 6 months ago #163073 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic The ebola situation

Gisteron wrote:

Gotta Love America

"President Bush... what are your thoughts on Katrina?"

President Bush: "We're gonna find her.... and we're gonna bring her to justice!" *proud, determined smirk on face*

:silly: :P

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163076 by
Until we develope a vaccine, a cure, and/or an early detection method it seems like after the fact quarintines are our only real option. It's not easy or quick, but if we can eventually get all infected people quarintined away from the uninfected and let nature take its course then it should stop there.

Like the plagues of the middle ages, this will pass. It's just a matter of how many pass with it.

In addition, because this is so sudden and so quick to kill, do you think this is nature's way of eradicating our large population and do you think it will do so?

This is a possiblity. As jedi we believe in balance and the earth is getting a little crowded. Nature has corrected other problems on it's own before, we're just the first species that can really fight back.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163080 by

Proteus wrote:

Gisteron wrote:

Gotta Love America

"President Bush... what are your thoughts on Katrina?"

President Bush: "We're gonna find her.... and we're gonna bring her to justice!" *proud, determined smirk on face*

:silly: :P

I'm a tad bit confused on the relevance of this to Ebola? Also, that isn't a true quote. That is a quote from a stand up on comedy central.

More
9 years 6 months ago #163084 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The ebola situation
Earth isn't over-crowded. If everyone consumed like the average (average meaning not the richest nor the poorest, just in the middle) citizen of India, our planet could support about 18 thousand million of us. So, it isn't a problem of us being too numerous. The problem is that we don't all consume resources like the average citizen of India ... We have to have cars, iPods, hair-dryers and Kentucky Fried Chicken ... That is what makes us need three or four additional planets-worth of resources.

Epidemics wouldn't be nature rounding down our numbers to something more convenient ; it would be our screwed-up value system coming back to bite us in the arse. :S

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163086 by
Time to colonize mars then. Haha.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163092 by

isisinabi wrote: What do you guys think? In addition, because this is so sudden and so quick to kill, do you think this is nature's way of eradicating our large population and do you think it will do so?

I think every thing will be fine just don't have contact with other living beings body fluids. I think I read this and aids started with eating uncooker animal flesh and the virus migrated to and infested other body fluids?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi