The Egg

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #127329 by
Replied by on topic The Egg
Thanks for sharing Vesha. It is an amazing story. It is very hard to wrap one's head around it. Instantly it changes how you treat others because in theory they are you.

I just have a difficult time with how we treat eachother in our society. Perhaps if more people would read the story it might have an impact? In general you have to admit that we live in the me, myself and I type of society.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #127354 by
Agreed. It would be nice if everyone thought, "You are me, and I'm you, so let's be nice to each other".

Kind of lofty, I admit.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #127364 by

Streen wrote: Agreed. It would be nice if everyone thought, "You are me, and I'm you, so let's be nice to each other".

Kind of lofty, I admit.

Are you nice to yourself all the time?

Even if you were to answer yes, and I were to actually believe that lie, very few people are nice to themselves 24/7. In fact, I would say that no one is.

In fact, alot of times its through pain, discomfort, fear, etc that we truly learn and grow into who we are. That we learn who we truly are.

Do you not think war is a form of connection?

Of people coming together?

Is connection always pleasant? Utopian? Nice? Should it be?

In fact, even in the story, the acts of atrocity are specifically pointed out as necessary to learn(giving and receiving). As important as every act of kindness.

I would argue, is that the moral of the story is that were here to learn, and not necessarily is what we are suppose to learn is to be nice, but simply experience all we can.

Which isnt lofty at all, anyone can do that.

As for reincarnation, well, I cant say as I give any credence to it, but its as possible as any other afterlife scenario.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #127573 by
I get what you're saying. I just think the moral of the story is "Treat others as you would have them treat you".

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193402 by
This story is amazing, it's like you probed inside my heart and pulled out truths that I was aware of all my life, but had only recently begun to recognize. Thank you for sharing. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193416 by
Not sure why but I needed this today.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi