Jedi Spirit

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #190843 by
Jedi Spirit was created by
Greetings all,

I realize it's been a long time since I've spoken to some of you, but today is an important day for me and hopefully for the Jedi community.

I'll get right to the point: .jedispirit.org

This site has been a long time coming. It has existed in various forms in the past and it's been up and down several times. Yesterday, however, I decided to make a commitment and create the site anew with it's own official domain. I honestly have NO idea what's going to happen now, but I am excited. I feel that I'm following what the Force is guiding me to do, so I hope that you can make use of it or gain from it.

To be clear, even though the only writing on the site is my own, I strongly recommend you contribute to the site. I am not seeking to conflict with other Jedi sites, but rather to compliment them. I want to create connections and links between Spirit and others, as much as possible, and I would hate for my site to only be about me. I know some of you had already submitted some material, and I apologize for this, but I would really appreciate it if you could resend it. For the rest of you, send whatever you think people might want to read (it doesn't have to be great), and I'll put it on the site.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

May the Force be with you...
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #192286 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Spirit
Looks interesting! May i ask, where and how do you see the website developing? More of a personal blog or more of a magazine style website with an editor and select content? M :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #199466 by
I apologize for taking so long to reply (it got buried I guess), but my vision of how the website would develop has changed over time. The one thing, however, that I've held onto is the idea of collecting various texts from multiple authors. Like I explained above, most of what is on the site now is of my own writing. This is not how I want it to stay. If anything, I'd like my own writing to be the minority.

Since I last posted this, I've written a great deal more, added a forum, blog, chat, links and Zen section.

Again, I'd like to put the idea out there that you (as in anyone reading this) send me writing that I can post on the site. Anything thoughtful, no matter what form it may take. Full credit, of course, will be given.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #199473 by
wow, nice site. Thanks

More
8 years 8 months ago #199827 by Tarran
Replied by Tarran on topic Jedi Spirit
I like it, muchly... though I think it might be even cooler, and indeed more accessible to those who wish to make comments, if the comment fields were not in a Facebook-type format - but rather like that of the usual blogging comment variety, allowing us to post as whoever we say we are... and perhaps even a link in our screen name to our own Jedi blogs too? ^_^

Apprentice to J. K. Barger

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #200205 by
It is good to create communication platforms, outlets, and vehicles that may aid in the creation of any affirmative action. Forming groups and real life relationships on the ground is always of major importance to all humanity; as important as freedom of speech is in a political system.

I am up for any positive action or work for the purposes of allowing communication with members who are committed to putting in a bit of effort for the greater good, or in debating and deciding what that greater good may be.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #200271 by
Hi, Aharon! (and yes, I know your previous name :) )

As far as I understood, you want to create Jedi Archive independent of totjo.

That's great indeed!

I hope through following years we'll get more infrastructure online - own social network, maybe connected with social organizations would be my favorite. So that our way of life will get more concrete, more visible, more measureable and - more inspiring.