Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • And here we are ... an address from the Pasteur (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • We’ve had a rather vibrant forum this week. Some changes were made that were hard to decide and which were certainly not made on a whim. This was discussed, brainstormed, debated, refined … &c, until it finally came down to a vote question in the Knights’ Corps. It wasn’t only the Council and Clergy this time. Many people well trained, well taught and well intentioned Jedi Knights discussed these measures for about a month before anything happened. It is not meant as some elitist, exclusive segregation move to “keep the TotJO pure” or anything fascist like that. Repeated events led to these restrictions being the most evidently effective of anything else that could have been done. It has been mentioned by several people that the way in which this was implemented was ultimately done poorly. These points have been taken on board and changes in future will take into account the reactions/responses that this issue has gotten. And now, I’m not even sure what actually has been done. But then, that’s not my primary rôle either … My job is ‘people’ ; “humanity” is my business. You all, every one of you, Members of the Temple and non-Members, you and your well-being is my concern. I will now speak for the entire body of the Clergy of the TotJO, as per the responsibility of my office, to assure you all that your voices, your thoughts and your feelings are indeed valuable, they do matter, and we are all here for you to listen, assist, reconcile and advise. It saddens me when the ambiance in our Temple becomes one of tensions and conflict. These are often due to some mis-understandings all around, probably more than bad intentions on anyone’s part. Yet, for as unpleasant as they are in the moment, these events are ultimately helpful to us ; these situations bring feelings to the surface so that we can address them, rather than letting resentments fester under the surface. This is a Temple. As such, the duly ordained Clergy of this Order stand ready to listen to your concerns confidentially and without reprisal – no matter what they are – and can convey your feelings to where and by whom they need to be addressed, anonymously and with genuine attention. Please send either a member of the Clergy or myself a message about anything you are concerned about. Respectfully submitted, Alexandre Orion, Pasteur
    • Further Religious Structure (Last post by Streen)
    • Quote: Hello all, I'm interested in this temple. I feel it would benefit from further structure. As such, I propose a Jedi scripture constituted by doctrine, teachings, and stories meant to illustrate both. In this scripture the Jedi theology could be further elaborated. This scripture would easily be distributed to all members at a non-profit fee. I'm sorry, but I have to completely disagree. As I think some have already alluded to, making things more rigid and defined only limits everything further. Where does this desire come from, for structure and definition and institutionalization? All that accomplishes is closing our minds rather than opening them. When the Jedi community was at its height, there was little to no structure. That freedom gave birth to great things. The Force flows freely, disobeys whatever rules we place on it, expands beyond any human comprehension. To think that we can write it out, include it all in a book is insulting to the Force (if such a thing is possible). Quote: Looking for answers.... All I keep finding are more questions, lol.... Well put Jestor :) Quote: If handled with care, I feel Jediism could yield a scripture that, in beauty and scope, could rival either the Dao De Jing, Bhagavat Gita, Upanishads, or even Qur'an. Not that I consider myself THAT great a writer, I have written something along those lines in an effort to pass on and inspire ideas about the Force: The 44
    • Let's Negotiate the Jedi Code! (Last post by Akkarin)
    • The Jedi Code isn't something that will "save" one just by believing it, it will only ever "save" one by one's adherence to it; the Code is as practical as much as it is philosophical.
    • The Lessons of Jedi Manners & Etiquette (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • Quote: I found what you have written interesting. Manners are useful, although sometimes I just want to scream lol wonder if I can do that in a polite way? Or would it loose its meaning? Haha Trust me, I sooooo understand the need to scream :laugh: It happens. I have always said that conflict can make relationships stronger if both parties involved are willing to see each of their own faults after the storm and come to terms and respect of each others wishes. *bows*
    • Songs that have Jedi Teachings, etc... (Last post by Proteus)
    • Megadeth - I Thought I Knew It All Lyrics: Somewhere there's a reason Why things go like they do Somewhere there's a reason Why somethings just fall through We don't always see them For what they really are But I know there's a reason, Just can't see it from this far Maybe I don't like it, but I have no choice I know that somewhere, someone hears my voice I thought I knew it all I thought I had it made How could it end this way? I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason Why things don't go my way Somewhere there's a reason That I cannot explain Just like the change of season, Just may not be my turn But I know there's a reason, The lesson's mine to learn
    • American men, American media, and the villificatio... (Last post by ren)
    • I don't mean from the book itself but from the article. My experience of TV tells me it's rubbish, with the only guy on TV that looks normal to me being norm from "new yankee workshop". though I'm sure there are other instances of men not being mis-represented. I know of at least one show that makes fun of women ("real housewives of some town"), but i find it particularly distasteful, my wife is the one who watches this sort of rubbish (This stuff genuinely makes me feel like after 10 years free of TV I should never have hooked it up to an aerial)
    • What is TOTJO? (Last post by Oneiros)
    • Well I do believe I've made a friend :) Unintended consequences: the pitfall of nearly every action and precisely why I zeroed in on your metaphor of a very slow boil. With proper time and application of energy devoted to an action, unintended consequences can be minimized to the most manageable amount possible. I am always grateful when people bring up unintended consequences because it keeps others from just jumping on a bandwagon and riding it off a cliff. So, with caution in mind, do you see the Jedi serving in a larger capacity? If so, what does that look like to you? In an ideal situation, what practical steps do we take to get there? Finally, I very appreciate your kind words. They mean a lot to someone who is just starting his path here.
    • Personal 'Codes' (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • Not the code Alexandre Orion requested... that is still in the works. More like, "What I've noticed is.." * Everything eats. * Every system is in the act of becoming something else. Extra energy can only hold one way so long. * You can pay up front or you can pay out back, but you always pay. Generally, up front is cheaper. * The universe abides life, but does not favor one over another. * There is no justice. It’s just us. * Love and kindness are indispensable. * They all talk. It is, admittedly, a very personal shorthand.
    • Pimp my Snail (Last post by Brenna)
    • Quote: now thats funny but thats so bad for them.... painting shells is always a bad idea lol but funny! Im hoping that they used non toxic paint. But in the article he mentions that one snail was still going 2 months later.. so maybe. But they are pretty damn cool snails!
    • Hugs (Last post by Puerh)
    • If I need 4 hugs a day to be alive I must be some kind of zombie u.u :laugh:
    • Meditation and Dissociation (Last post by Proteus)
    • Quote: One major lesson I learned from Taoism is the idea of the "middle path". Basically, when you're faced with a choice, you stick with the option that doesn't lean too far one way or the other. It's worked wonders in my life. You must mean Buddhism, from which the Middle Path comes from. :)
    • Philosophy and the Sciences class (Last post by Desolous)
    • Most definitely the cognitive science route, as that is more in line with my mental health bafkground. It will be a challenge to knock this out, but I'm sure you're up to it.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Day 38 checking 45 minute run today (40 run + 5 cooldown).. was a good run today, didn't feel tired really at all until the very end. Best track of the run was 'Playing with Fire' by Plan B. The whole album was pretty intense to be honest and I probably looked unduly serious while I was running but it helped with the focus. Definitely getting fitter.

There are 137 visitors, 3 guests and 32 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, steamboat28, Jon, Streen, Jestor, ren, Kitsu Tails, Joe, roy1593, Wescli Wardest, Desolous, Red Lila, Proteus, Reacher, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Williamkaede, Scathcorr, Archon, Kamizu, Edan, tzb, Kaverael, Frost, redlearder97, SeventhSL, Acheron, Tarran, soldmysoul4wifi.

Follow Us