Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Halloween Movie Suggestions (Last post by Proteus)
    • My chosen list: Nosferatu (1922) An American Werewolf in London (1981) Night of the Living Dead (1968) The Shining (1980) Pet Semetary (1989) The Exorcist (1973) Paranormal Activity (2009) Evil Dead (1981 or the 2013 remake) Cabin in the Woods (2012)
    • The Never-Ending Story... (Last post by Proteus)
    • I grew up on the movie (and the sequel, but only the first one). I hadn't thought much about it since those days, so this connection to Buddhism is new to me (and rather interesting). I've read some reviews of the book which I think I would like to read someday. Given what I have learned about the Hero's Journey, and religions such as Buddhism, I think it might be an interesting read. As for that video itself, I actually don't know where they were trying to go with one character being overly dramatic and the other being dismissive - whether they were trying to support what they were pointing out or if they were just making fun of it, or both for some reason?
    • Virtues or Choices? (Last post by Llama Su)
    • Hurry up, but wait... :sick: :dry: :laugh: We all have to exist by rules, and natural universal law... There is a time and place to know the right "choice" to hurry or to wait... :silly: Conscious awareness of the impact of either, in the moment, is in our mastering the way of the tenants: Focus, knowledge, wisdom... The practice of teaching number eight. To have a patient mind and patient action, matched or balanced... Patience is of high value for it is inner work, self actualization.... Patience can accompany any other virtue, this is why I personally think it is the greatest of. To not have patience shows or exhibits desire, an attachment to expectation to rush or hurry, and or of young/youthful/immature/ or weak mind... A selfish trait to take/ receive/ demand patience in others for you, yet to have/ provide/ give no patience in others... I think it takes a conscious awareness, maybe choice, to balance the hurry with the wait... Just my opinion...
    • It would seem i've posted this in the wrong place.... (Last post by Adder)
    • [image] Mine catching up on the Jay Oh at the Tee Oh Tee. Had a diabetes type 2 diagnosis a couple of years ago, good news is after about 800 injections she is now 2 months off all medication, symptom free, and testing all healthy!!! Fingers xed.
    • Idea: topic/thread for insomniacs (Last post by steamboat28)
    • This is one of the reasons I'm rarely in the chat; I'm up all night, when there's nobody in there, so I just quit trying unless there are at least 5 people in there.
    • Is questioning one's faith inevitable? (Last post by ChillBroBaggins)
    • I honestly believe if one is diligent about their studies they will take what they once learned from the frame of new knowledge (which may then be applied). This usually means completely reevaluating most personal outlooks in life and everything GOOD that will come from that. :) On a side note, I question my faith of task everyday as everyday for me is a new challenge at university. Always be working on something that fulfills you and it will only help to align you to your innermost faith, the one which resonates the most for you.
    • Domestic abuse victim alerts police to her ordeal ... (Last post by Goken)
    • I wonder what the boyfriend was more upset with, the fact that she called the cops, or that there wasn't actually going to be any pizza? In all seriousness though that was really smart of her and the operator. It's terrible that she was in that situation but it was great that she finally called on him. I hope that she gets the help she needs and finds someone who will treat her with respect.
    • Songs that have Jedi Teachings, etc... (Last post by Proteus)
    • LYRICS Before all things reborn again You learn the painful breath of time Cold mourning stretches out your arms To the mighty warmth of the golden sun Seem all have gone insane for gold All was created out of the night We're all born from the burst of a star The day you'll come to life you'll realize Expanding force to life where you belong And in the winter cold, with opened eyes You'll find the strength to fight and stand upright One day you'll walk the world and keep in mind The heart you've been given in winter time And through the bitter cold, with opened eyes You'll find the strength to fight and stand upright
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Days 39 and 40 checking in Day 39 was a rest day Day 40 was today. I am so bloody pleased with myself today. This week was pretty hard work wise and I was so tired today it took all my mental effort to get changed and go to the gym. All the negativity I've felt recently about not reaching my goal was completely proved wrong today, I ran 6.7 k today (55 minutes, 50 + cooldown), 6.2 k before my cooldown. If I can run that on a bad day, then I can bloody well run 8 k on a good one. I actually ran 5 minutes longer than I was supposed to, and 10 minutes longer than I thought I was going to. Track of the run was 'Back to Black' by Amy Winehouse. Was some kind of sleeper agent trigger song because when it came on after 20 minutes I suddenly felt immediately like I could finish the run.

There are 506 visitors, 12 guests and 23 members online (2  are in chat): Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Shadouness, ren, Adder, Adhara, Proteus, Rickie The Grey, E-3_4L_Teeter, Brenna, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, zeronycon, elizabeth, Edan, Silvermane, tzb, Calanon, Acheron, Revan Falton, Tarran, StarWalker930, bora, dannyboy, wisehunter, CosanGaabe, Daniel Haokip, Dynamite, Jim_Detroit_USA.

Follow Us