Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • A Serious Question for Those Seeking "Unifica... (Last post by Khaos)
    • Quote: (not aimed at anyone in particular) Why is it that some people want the Legend before the History even occurs? Is it to weird a concept to grasp that the feelings and ideals we have for what Jediism will become were hard earned threw thousands of years by other religions? Did anyone stop to think that growing to big to fast would be detrimental? We ARE unified...we're just an infant....give it time. Enough "now, Now, NOW". :S Age has nothing to do with being concerned about the future, especially of something you hold dear. I think about my sons future. I think about the future of my dojo, although it is young, and that includes affiliations, networking, and a certain level of unification. Its not about growing fast, its not about now, now, now. Considering it, thinking about it, discussing it, and even small actions towards it, this is not rushing anything....Why does everyone jump to the extremes here? Even religions that are thousands of years old, had to think about these kinds of things in there infancy, if they didnt, they wouldnt have perpetuated at all.
    • American Jedi (Last post by Talariq)
    • Quote: A quick web search brought up this short film: American Jedi (2002) Quote: Oh geeez....Now I hope Laurent changes the name...to be compared to that 0_0 *shudders* I googled it as well and got really confused when I saw that IMDB page. I'm with you, Kit. I actually liked the title... until I saw that. >.<
    • IP discussion area (Last post by tzb)
    • Depends on the Master, I'd say. If I were the sort of person who wanted an Apprentice to complete an assignment every couple of days, I might look preferably on "faster" IPs. And the opposite is also true... My advice would be to do it however is suits you, rather than trying to restrict or increase the rate at which you respond.
    • Keeping Calm and Centered (Last post by Goken)
    • I first came to the Temple during the busy season for my job. During that time I found myself greatly annoyed by the tiniest things as the stress of the constant demands on me grew and grew. I found that if I used what little time I had between things to do, such as waiting for something to print, and breathed it would help. An extra "bathroom" break now and then helped me too because who's going to come bother me in there? During my breathing times I also recite the Jedi creed as that is one of the things that I connect with most in our doctrine. It helped remind me of what I'm trying to achieve and how I'm trying to live my life. I hope this helps.
    • Where is the line between freedom of speech... (Last post by Khaos)
    • Quote: I'm not sure that there is anything that we "please" to believe. Beliefs aren't choices. We come to them based on what is presented to us. There are things that we seek, as there are those things that we simply hope are true ... So, how are beliefs not a choice? People do not choose beliefs simply on what is presented to them, as there is also the hope you mentioned. People choose to hope, people choose to believe, and not to believe. People choose to change there beliefs, and not always because something was presented to them. In fact, here, many deny evidence and have claimed a preferred ignorance to things. At ToTJo, pretty much anyone can be a Jedi, as its always specifically stated that such a thing is subjective and that subjectiveness is beyond contestation Quote: Every religion is a journey of discovery. The difference here is that each person is allowed to follow their own journey, with the Temple assisting in a facilitating role, where other religions prescribe the journey for you. Just because we do not follow the textbook formula for religion, doesn't mean that it is not a religion. I believe the term would be "unorthodox" Even unorthodox religions have the same formula, they may simply have less rules in one area or another, but there is a basic premise. Following your own journey is all well and good, but this is exactly why it isnt a religion, at best its a social networking platform for a like-minded buzz word, that word being Jedi of course, and like any Facebook page or group ,you like it will facilitate as you say, in the same fashion. Information, articles, lessons, etc
    • MJ Hannigan (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • I believe Angelus is referring to the Gathered Force Community, the body associated with the annual gatherings. I am a member myself, though not a knight. It is an excellent group of people and I am proud to call many of the members friends. I know I speak for a few people when I say that, the events of the past few weeks aside, Hannigan still has people that care for him and want him to be happy. Please bear in mind that, as he is currently banned from the site, Hannigan is no in a position to address any comments made with regard to his person or behaviors. To that end, if you have nothing nice to say, please keep your teeth touching. Courtesy counts. I appreciate your gesture on Hannigan's behalf, Angelus. It is a sign of deep regard and respect for your brother Jedi and the community in general.
    • Drone Operators with PTSD (Last post by Kamizu)
    • Our UAV pilots are as trained and skilled as guys who fly the more traditional aircraft. There's no "pilot" about it. In some ways their job is easier and in others it's more difficult. Still not an easy school or training. :) It may not be redefining, everything I know about PTSD is from briefings and time spent talking to the Mental Health doc I was seeing, I haven't dug into it more than what I needed to know for myself and my troops so I could be off :) Unless they are flying a solely recognizance aircraft like the Global Hawk or the cute little model-sized one the Army uses (ok, I don't know what kind of training the Army gives on that one...that may be an operator instead of a pilot haha) that don't carry ordnance, I'd say using the weapons IS something they can do about it. And remember, they're also watching friendlies being killed. It's not just about the enemy. Pilots are under the same rules of engagement as the ground-pounders. And in most (probably all) situations outside of Troops in Contact, someone else orders them to engage. There's quite an extensive list of who is a lawful target and when. No matter where the weapon is located (air or ground), the rules are the same. Although the UAV pilot isn't in life-threatening danger, they have friendlies who are. They may not know them, but they know they are Allied Forces and "one of our own". The training gets beaten into our heads and gives us all something to fall back on in that kind of a situation. Like you said Ren, I'm sure it's the aftermath that's hardest to deal with.
    • Pondering... (Last post by Jestor)
    • lol, ok, I'll play...:) It is so calm in here right now, lol... I am curious as to how you say that? I see through the air, to observe the things around me... The air does not block my view... If I could see it, in the manner suggested, it would be like wearing blinders, dont you think? I realize you got the joke, but I rally am interested in playing this out a bit... lol... Are you saying, humans can see the air with the naked eye?
    • HAPPINESS (Last post by MikeBudo)
    • Greetings each On the other side is the Dark but we should not ignore it . I took this from a friend of mine. :) Those who shun their dark side will learn very little. Polarity is a crucial learning tool, it is there for our education. Without examining our dark side, we live in a foolish state of bliss not based in real understanding, but imagined states of enlightenment.
    • Sea Lions (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Source: Me Complaint: you Sea Lions disturb my sleep when it's my night for watch...and you will undoubtedly do so again tonight... Lol- I've got an entire pier of them just outside the cutter right now... I hate sea lions... Lol
    • How to stay dedicated to working out. (Last post by Brenna)
    • There are a few common reasons why motivations flag. Right goal - is the goal challenging enough so youre not bored? Too big that you're putting it off? Right motivation - What is the real reason you want to work out? What are you really trying to achieve? When you go beyond the obvious and find what it is you really want from the end result, the motivation becomes a lot easier. Right action plan - is your plan realistic? Does it have a time frame? does it fit with the rest of your life? Have you put in place things that will support you? Just some thoughts.
    • Non-attachment (Last post by Doomeniek)
    • Quote: Below is the contents of a document I ran into years ago. I lost the only hard copy I had, but recently recovered one. Very pleased! The document is part of the sober support literature. AA and the sort. In my professional life, I have worked with a number of addicts, so being conversant in the literature is helpful. Non-attachment is a challenging topic, I think. I regard it as useful food for thought, though some I prefer to others. I have included the list in its entirety, save for grammatical corrections. I do not regard the list as necessarily definitive, but certainly a clarifying piece. I hope you find it useful. I invite useful comment. Letting Go * To let go doesn't mean to stop caring. It means I can’t do it for someone else. * To let go is not to cut myself off. It’s the realization that I can’t control another. * To let go is not to enable, but to allow learning from natural consequences. * To let go is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands. * To let go is not to try to change or blame another. I can only change myself. * To let go is not to care for, but to care about. * To let go is not to fix, but to be supportive. * To let go is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being. * To let go is not to be in the middle, arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to affect their own outcomes. * To let go is not to be protective. It is to permit another to face reality. * To let go is not to deny, but to accept. * To let go is not to nag, scold, or argue, but to search out my own shortcomings and correct them. * To let go is not to adjust everything to my desires, but to take each day as it comes, and to cherish the moment. * To let go is not to criticize or regulate anyone, but to try to become whatever I dream I can be. * To let go is not to regret the past, but to grow and live for the future. * To let go is to fear less and love more. Thank you for this

There are 141 visitors, 6 guests and 37 members online (one is in chat): Br. John, steamboat28, Shadouness, Jestor, ren, Nakis, SenseiMitPen, Wescli Wardest, Darren, Desolous, Psyddhattha, Proteus, isisinabi, Alexandre Orion, MCSH, Khaos, Arcade, Talariq, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, Silvermane, tzb, Kaverael, babyblueyes247, Zenchi, benedictveritas, Mathew Erickson, Chadius4, Goken, Targeran Arynal, Revan Falton, Oneiros, WhiteRabbit7991, Sonor Zodaan, Mos-An Hobel.

Follow Us