Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Reliah)
    • Sonnet 73 That time of year thou mayst in me behold When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang Upon those boughs which shake against the cold, Bare ruined choirs, where late the sweet birds sang. In me thou see’st the twilight of such day As after sunset fadeth in the west; Which by and by black night doth take away, Death’s second self, that seals up all in rest. In me thou see’st the glowing of such fire, That on the ashes of his youth doth lie, As the deathbed whereon it must expire, Consumed with that which it was nourished by. This thou perceiv’st, which makes thy love more strong, To love that well which thou must leave ere long. -William Shakespeare
    • Robes (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • I see in that thread provided that waterproofing was desired....I wonder what would happen if regular Linen/cottan robes were sprayed with Aqua Armor..... [image]
    • PTSD and Nightmares (Last post by Reacher)
    • There is quite a bit of good literature out there on PTSD. Signs of Post-traumatic Stress are different than a diagnosed disorder - that is one important thing to realize. The other is that the body has natural responses to severe stress that are largely out of our control. During times of severe stress the body creates neural pathways to the parts of our brains it thinks will give us the highest chance of survival. Daily encounters that trigger those responses are natural events - one should not be embarrassed of them or troubled by them, nor should they feel 'broken'. It's a natural body response. And for me, that was the difference between laughing about a triggered response and thinking I was in some way 'sick'. Now, post-traumatic stress DISORDER IS very bad - it's a wound you can't really see. None of us are really qualified to help with a suspected disorder...my advice would be to encourage your friend to commit to addressing the issue with a professional.
    • Never forget (Last post by Adi Vas)
    • My aunt. She was an amazing person who brought so much love and light into the lives of other people, whether it was in the yoga/meditation classes she taught here in the United States or in her charity work helping build schools in East Africa. I will spend the rest of my life trying to love all living beings as she did, and be the kind of positive force that she was. She was my first spiritual mentor, and a surrogate mother to me all my life, but especially in adulthood. She struggled with many of the things that I struggle with now, like anxiety and depression, and taught me much about how to live with those things. In a few days it will have been a full year since her passing, and I still miss her dearly.
    • Circuitry and Reality (Last post by Adder)
    • I still prefer the fluid flow approach I think. I reckon its the capacity of local flows to represent distinct structures within larger flows... which of course exist in levels up to the whole system layout itself which I'd use external (boundary) interactions to define the limits of. It gives the whole system a depth for complexity which I can translate more easily into perception.
    • Jedi Funerals (Last post by den385)
    • I hope that by the time I die I'll be 100 y.o. and that's enough time for Jedi Way to become at least a little established. And I hope that there will be people who will value giving me a right funeral. Under these 2 assumptions, I'd like my body to be burned on the open fire (although this must stink, I don't know how vikings tolerated this and how Luke was supposed to tolerate open-fire cremation of his father's body). The ashes shot into space and some little sign that I lived on the Earth to remain. If I am to earn any honor, than near the place where I earn it, a small sign. There was a beautiful fantasy rite in franchise, for commemorating Jedi. There was some place where, with each deceased Jedi, one firefly was let out. And they formed a stream. A giant lightsaber, in a way. Of course, there is so much to be done to deserve that sort of commemoration. P.S. Dissolving the body and leaving just a robe is a fine way, but I doubt it'll be realistic in about 10K years, with current pace of evolution :)
    • The 'Naked Rambler' - question on freedoms (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Naked hiking has been in the news here again and again. I'm all for it. I certainly don't find it offensive. Hiking and nudity go together well - just like bathing and nudity. You're in nature in your natural state - makes perfect sense. If people can't bear seeing a naked human being, there's always the option of looking the other way. Probably wouldn't do it myself though. but there are lots of things I wouldn't do but don't mind if other people do them.
    • Saw a dead baby today... (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Quote: Quote: Some 17'000 refugees came in this year - 2/3 of them were moved back to their countries of origin within a few months of seeking asylum. So we maybe took 5000-6000 refugees this year. And our right-wing parties are claiming we're being overrun. They're now demanding that the army be used to lock down the borders. I just fail to see how one can be so completely and utterly devoid of decency and compassion. Are you sure you don't live in the US? :dry: You'd be surprised just how many parallels the current political landscapes of the US and Switzerland have :-/
    • jedi haiku (Last post by den385)
    • Quote: the force flows strongly reach out with open senses peace will come to you peace. you extinguish the blade. silence of solitude sings on the battlefield of your soul.

There are 868 visitors, 14 guests and 54 members online (one in chat): Br. John, Sarus, steamboat28, Shadouness, taostaylor, Jestor, ren, Kitsu Tails, Desolous, Reliah, Proteus, isisinabi, Alexandre Orion, Metsu Desal, Corwinani, Whyte Horse, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, Avalonslight, tzb, Senan, Jamie Stick, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Aqua, focone oceanlast, Tarran, Rocda, Cyan Sarden, den385, MrBruno, Loudzoo, Quaesitor Veritatis, Krieger, asteropos, WayneTec, Adi Vas, herbalc, Corsair Gorscue, Eynar, Vigebo, Mikhael, Ufon, Aikido, insanebey, Zachariah, silentdynamo, Moonborn, Nejaa, bobleponge, Shoda, Adal, vikkikellett.

Follow Us