Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Book of Sith - what do you think? (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • I quite liked the section on the Nightsisters. It spoke to me,even if the "bloodless wasteland" argument was kind of silly. I liked the tie-in to the mordus episodes of Clone Wars as well. Not a dark side guy, myself, but the nightsister approach made good sense.
    • The Shambhala Principles (Last post by Connor L.)
    • I thought I might share some quotations now and then from my Buddhist lineage. I'm reading two books right now, Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior (one I've read a few times), and Turning the Mind into an Ally. As I read more, I find that a lot of it meshes very well with Jedi training. Here's one helpful passage for example: "A society of hard and inflexible minds is a society that is incapable of nurturing the flowers of love and compassion. This is the source of the dark age. We tend to question our goodness and our wisdom. When we question these things, we begin to use seemingly more convenient ways to deal with our problems. We are less ready to use love and compassion, more ready to use aggression. So we have to continuously remind our­ selves of basic goodness. If we want to help alleviate suffering on our planet, those of us who can make our minds pliable must plant a flower on the rock. This is how we can create a society based on the energy we get from experiencing our own basic goodness. In Tibet we call this energy Lungta, "windhorse."" - Sakyong Mipham, Turning the Mind Into an Ally. Rinpoche is saying that hard, closed minds are the seeds of hate and depression. We try to create a fixed universe, and this universe does not conform to our limited human understanding. We then become unhappy as a consequence. It does not have to be this way, though. Through hard work, discipline, and meditation, we can train our minds to be flexible. When we have this Basic Goodness (which in Access would be Awareness, the Jedi would call it Connected to the Force, I would call it the Universal Perspective, and Christians might call it having Jesus in their hearts), we have the compassion needed to be pliable. We can be spiritually flexible. Our spirits can change with the ever moving universe.
    • Ebola (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Quote: I can think of a lot of people who could stand to gain in many ways, not just financially, from weaponizing and controlling Ebola. Yeah... but that's not just letting it out into the open. (Yet).
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Llama Su)
    • The Realms in energy of the realms the energy of emotion put into the energy of fear put into the energy of believe put into the energy of distort put into the energy of hope put into the energy of reaction put into the energy of energy put into the energy of illusion put into the illusion of change put into the illusion of familiar put into the illusion of revolution put into the illusion of progress put into the energy of dying put into the energy of death put into the energy of de-energizing of parallels parallels of the energy of feeling put into the energy of clarity put into the energy of think put into the energy of coherent put into the energy of prayer put into the energy of action put into the energy of energy put into the energy of reality put into the reality of energy put into the reality of creativity put into the reality of evolution put into the reality of change put into the energy of life put into the energy of living put into the energy of re-energizing in the realms of energy John Trudell
    • What Do We Mean By "Order"? (Last post by rugadd)
    • Whether I am Knighted or not remains to be seen. This fish is having a hard time climbing the tree with the rest of the squirrels. But the ideal of a Knight of the Order is something I try to exemplify as well as I am able everyday. So from that perspective, perhaps I should share briefly what that means. Be your best. See the best in others. Pretty simple.
    • What Do We Mean By "Temple"? (Last post by Luthien)
    • Historically, temples are places of worship where one may grow closer/stronger to the thing/idea they worship. Another definition of "temple", which I typically use, is something of special importance and attendance (e.g. my body is my temple, etc.). So, what does one do in a temple with these two given definitions? Contemplate. Con-templ-ate. To look at something on all sides or in all its aspects; to view or consider with continued attention; to regard with deliberate care; to study, ponder, or consider. This is what I see, most of the time: contemplation. It's a very Jedi concept, too. We contemplate in our temple. We consider different aspects of lots of things at a place that we hold as important and we carefully deliberate where we stand on an issue or idea. I agree that the "Temple" isn't just an idea, but is a part of our lives, both online and offline. If we're going to go that far, I consider the entire Universe to be my temple. :laugh:
    • Steamboat (Last post by babyblueyes247)
    • Quote: Show off. Now the rest of us are going to be sad and jealous that weve not had the chance to see his badassery in person :P I'm not sad or jealous :P I've ALSO met his badassery in person!! :woohoo: And then I was crazy enough to spend a week hanging out with him B)
    • The science of Rainbows (Last post by Senan)
    • :laugh: I can't even wrap my brain around this. Not the physics or biology of unicorns farting rainbows, but how a conversation like this begins in the first place. I just... can't. :laugh: Maybe we can make this an essay topic for the IP? :huh:

There are 162 visitors, 4 guests and 21 members online (one is in chat): Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Octagon, steamboat28, Gaia Chi, RyuJin, Brian, Darren, Psyddhattha, discordor, Proteus, Luthien, MCSH, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, lazerith541, babyblueyes247, Trice Corbel, Mathew Erickson, SeventhSL, TambelSadera.

Follow Us