Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • My vision for a United Jedi Order (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Quote: Than I ask this...how would you end the conflict? How do you suggest to bring peace..In the current state of ISIS everyone is banding together to fight them..Even Iran is joining America..And if what I suggest in a hypothetical sistuation in which all peace talks and warning have failed are grotesque and villainie then it is a good thing such Jedi are you around to stay my hand and present other options for peace. Obviously your response won't work- it will only produce a more horrific terrorist. Training them doesn't work, they leave too much to the hands of Allah (example, if they do not have materials destined specifically for a medical emergency, they won't even consider improvising because it means Allah didn't intend on saving them). They won't fight due to fear of their opposition. And when we go in they rely too heavily on us to defend them. I could keep going but at the end of the day, Jedi are not terrorists- those of the old to current guards will never support such tactics. Your response is that was formed out of emotion- which is more Sith in nature- but even the Sith I know would not stand behind you- as they value their lives and such things would detract from their own aspirations.
    • How can we be taken seriously? (Last post by Adder)
    • I'll dodge the limit of using Force and go with Field Realism 'Fieldism'... or perhaps just 'Realism' :blink: :lol: Perhaps I shouldnt make jokes though in a thread titled 'How can we be taken seriously?' ooops
    • My vision of an atomized Jedi community (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • I believe the desire for unity within the community is a noble goal and, to an extent, I share it. Underneath it, however, we have often seen a push for uniformity. I do not believe uniformity will serve us. The community has tried over and over again to unite under a single banner. In general, arrogance has been blamed for our failure to do that. This master doesn't want to give up a title, etc. The more I think of it, I don't know that this was a failure after all. Was arrogance involved? Perhaps. We're human. But maybe our diversity was worth protecting as well. Maybe the fact that totjo does it differently than IJRS, differently than the KoA, differently than Ashla Knights, is valuable. I have no desire to see uniformity in our community. I celebrate our diversity. I want us to embrace it. I envision a future wherein each school/group is a temple. Offline or online is less important. I would like to see people train with many schools with many masters. I fully intend to begin training elsewhere at some point. I don't intend to leave, but I want to broaden my horizons. And come back with new insights. And I want TotJO to profit from that. My sincere wish would be for a culture of Jedi Journeyman that move from temple to temple, spending a few years here, a few years there. If you decide to return to a temple as your home to teach, beautiful. Let us build a culture that is rich and diverse. I know that the classical religions consolidated. We feel a similar pressure, I suppose. But they did so to ensure their survival against existential threats and to seize power. We do not experience that circumstance. We are, in that way and many others, extremely fortunate. So let's take it slowly. No rush. Look around. Be willing to learn. The Jedi have enough in common that we can do our own thing and still be brothers and sisters. We will not profit from a monolithic culture. I would like the temples to be islands, and for Jedi to move freely amongst them. The path requires commitment. No flitting about. But it is also extremely personal. One banner will not cover us all. Maybe that is best.
    • jedi haiku (Last post by elizabeth)
    • Moon shadow falling Darkness creeps across the land icy winds warm my heart
    • Coffee with Jesus (Last post by MJ Hannigan)
    • Quote: I guess it's great that you don't employ arbitrary special pleading. So how do you respond then to the criticism that your illustration, of what a Sithistic religion is, does not discriminate by any variable criterion and is therefore either obsolete, since we have more widely understood and more linguistically fitting labels, or, in the worst case, ill-defined? 1. Normally over the net it is in text, or perhaps a vid, in person it is normal verbally with nonverbal cues. 2. Yes 3. maybe 4. no
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Day 3 checking in... yoga only today for 40 minutes concentrating on hamstrings.. no music today.
    • Just a view of my appartement building (Last post by Kamizu)
    • Quote: If you guys want mountains come to Utah. :D We have a few of those... Utah is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the red deserts!! Such great camping <3 road our bikes through there a few times. The most memorable time was when we were on a two-lane highway construction reduced to one. We sat for about an hour so I hopped off the bike and played in the sand. Then played with the kid in the van in front of us :woohoo:
    • Tapatalk (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: I use "dark theme" because the darker you can keep a screen, the less battery used...:) Note: this is only true for OLED/AMOLED
    • Real Jedi vs Fictional Jedi (Last post by Brenna)
    • Quote: I do not care what thousands of people consider themselves to be. I do know what those who truly are jedi strive to be. Naturally.

There are 130 visitors, 6 guests and 28 members online (none are in chat): Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Alethea Thompson, Shadouness, Firewolf, RyuJin, Jestor, Nakis, Adder, Proteus, Luthien, isisinabi, rugadd, scott777ab, ckott, Arcade, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, tzb, jadedbehan, Mathew Erickson, carlos.martinez3, Cabur Senaar, SeventhSL, Targeran Arynal, Acheron, Bryce B..

Follow Us