Grand Masters, Masters, Senior Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re:Grand Masters, Masters, Senior Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 23 Feb 2010 04:17 #29012

• Br. John
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
Sweet Baby Jesus!
Founder of The Order

Re:Grand Masters, Masters, Senior Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 23 Feb 2010 05:43 #29016

OK Tatsujin - firstly - I NEVER once said wiki was authoritative - never have and never will, im fully aware of its open source operation - as are most if not all our readers (or at least the adult readers) - I said its accurate.

There are hundreds of possible sources for this information, including the main scouting group website.

Im English born n bred - so if it makes you feel cosy inside - lets put it this way - Im giving the english historical version of the founding of the scouting movement - which funnily enough happens to be the nationality of Powell.

Another point - I dont see any 'grey area' in terms of the history - we're talking late 19th/early 20th century here - not several hundred years ago.

Neither did I once say the scouts and military are the same - you dont seriously think im that ignorant do you? This temple has DOZENS of active service personal, from all the forces from many nationalities - and as many if not more ex-servicemen/women. TOTJO also has regular interaction with the military for various reasons - and whilst I personally have not served - every generation of my family up to the current HAS served King/Queen and country - and has so dating back some 800+ years - im well aware of how the military functions thank you.

As a side note - linked to above point about language - I went somewhat out of my way to 'defend' you or at least put it to everyone else that perhaps youd been misunderstood - im starting to think 'why did I bother'

Have you had enough of the masters in this thread because you dont like being challenged over your statements?

To be blunt - a number of your posts have been quite abrasive - generally I put this down to language differences and the limitations of text conversations - I tend to cut everyone slack (when they are new or reasonably new) just in case its 'new comers defensive syndrome' or something - yet in an earlier post, you said

Tatsujin wrote:
If anything would make me want to leave, it's being put in a position to explain myself any time I affirm what the order is doing because someone is used to being assailed by people who don't get it.

yet your doing exactly this to others time n again.

Youve also said your seen as opinionated/snobby etc - have you wondered why this is? Perhaps lines such as this

Tatsujin wrote:
The third thought that crosses my mind is that I'm an intellectual who can post with clarity and defend myself well. This comes off to most people as being overly opinionated and snobby, so I can gather that when combining the three thoughts would result in people not reading what I'm writing and assuming their way through.

will explain this.

Your not the only one to have run many sites, your not the only one with any level of intellect but from the little I have experienced of you thus far is mainly your guilty of everything your pointing at others for. Most of the longer standing members here treat 'attacks' like water off a duck back- everyone has a different perspective of everything, one persons 'fact' maybe another's fantasy - history is written by the victors as they say.

I certainly am not going to disagree with your final line.

So back on topic - I think in terms of ranks etc - those who are 'rank haters' maybe have not quite thought about what the rank means. Just because one does not appreciate why another has a rank or title should not mean that they have no respect to the individual. Of course, respect is a mutual thing, but if your in a place (physically or otherwise) where ranks are used - it is only good manners to use the appropriate titles etc. You would expect a 'guest' in your home to treat you with respect and abide by your rules - so its simple course to do the same - be it in a home, public building, website or other place.

From what ive seen elsewhere - the main cause of problems in this regard is lack of understanding of what the title or rank means - with the knowledge of what they mean and what the function of the title and or individual - one can often avoid looking foolish or worse - ignorant.

Yes, respect is two way traffic - but someone has to 'go first' - so by showing the appropriate respect - youll be off to a good start in a given situation. As said, there will always be the little hitlers - but they are easy to identify, just keep calm and polite but dont fuel their rage or ego - if necessary, walk away - it takes at least two to fight ;)

As a final note - I have one irritation in terms of ranks and titles - its folks who (as an example) INSIST on being called 'Major' or whatever - when the last time they were in active service was in WW2. OK, they earned the rank in the military at the time, but military and civilian life is very different - most civies wont understand the ranks anyway and its especially maddening to see/hear elderly 'Majors' (again an example) get cross with say a 20 year old for not using the title. Whats the point? they will have only legitimatly had the title for a couple or so years anyway and once out of service - is the 'rank' theirs toi use anyway?

Would a serving soldier now, follow an 'order' from a guy who was a major 60years ago? I very much doubt it - so why do such folk think others should treat them differently. If you really want the name used - get your name changed by law (deed poll in the UK)

This really does only serve to feed the ego of the title holder - and at the end of the day - its only a word, a badge - it has no actual value and like money - you cant take it with you.

Everyone is equal in death and within the force ;)

MTFBWY - A

Re:Grand Masters, Masters, Senior Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 24 Feb 2010 23:48 #29039

Wow Tatsujin you really carried this a long way since I was last on.

Maybe we should withdraw from this subject or change the subject?
Rahm Kota: "The Force is strong in you my boy, to be able to sense my thoughts..."
Cheshire Cat: Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means 'not the same'!

Re:Grand Masters, Masters, Senior Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 25 Feb 2010 00:11 #29040

• stevef
  • Knight
  • ID: 535
been on and off for a while, and I just noticed a clever post saying lets be respectful and call people by rank or title.
Wow, for a simple point this thread got really complicated... scouts and the UK and the military!

here's my rule of thumb and it seems to make sense:
if They are a master Call them Master X. I use the username in shout and the forums. If they are an apprentice call them Apprentice X or I think Padawan is acceptable to most. or Brother or Sister.
Knights Sir Madam or Brother Sister
If you and them are the same rank Brother or Sister is fine.
If you don't know and are too lazy to find out Brother or Sister.
Ya we can use the full title or multiple titles but it's less about who's what than being respectful of all of us. let me say that again, it's about respecting your fellow jedi.

if you look at the films, all the jedi were called by a title even by Palpatine, who hated them and wanted to destroy all jedi. If he can bite the bullet so can we.

but maybe I'm too simple to be in this conversation.

MTFBWY

Re:Grand Masters, Masters, Senior Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 25 Feb 2010 23:15 #29054

• Jaden
  • ID: 1092
I been reading the whole thread and I would like to bring my small contribution in, saying what I think about ranks.

First of all I never see the rank, I see the person behind it and use the rank to get an idea about the amount of knowledge and work that person had until now. For instance I am an apprentice and it describes exactly what I am: a person that has more to learn in order to be able to teach others. As Kana Seiko Haruki said in one of the posts, a master is a normal human being which never looses the desire to learn and improve oneself for the good of others and make this world a better place.

We could put it this way: you call the one that gave you birth \"mother\". This is a rank. Before she gave birth she was a woman, she didn't knew how it feels and what it means to be a mother unless she had a child. This goes the same with our ranks: when you join in you know few things or maybe nothing about jediism. Later on as you learn your perception about life and other matters change, the ranks are there to remind of who you were and where you reached.

I personally see ranks as a tool to help new members and make the bound between members stronger. For instance when I will be called Master I wouldn't feel any different from what I feel now (it will just make me remember always about my duties and responsibilities I have towards the Temple and it's members)but I certainly know that a new member will come to me and ask for help because he/she would know that I am among those who know about TOTJO.

And yeah it's a matter of respect also. It's your choice if you want to use the ranks or not but I wonder if you would call your boss by his/her name, if you would call your school teacher by name and so on. As long as you see it JUST as a matter of respect you shouldn't feel offended yourself when others tell you to follow this simple rule and use the ranks.

Hope I managed to explain these things well as english is not my native language. Thanks for taking time to read this.

Re:Grand Masters, Masters, Senior Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 26 Feb 2010 23:22 #29062

• Br. John
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
Yes you did Jaden very well indeed.
Founder of The Order

Re:Grand Masters, Masters, Senior Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 27 Feb 2010 22:48 #29068

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
The comparrison to 'mother'... awesome..

VERY well done Jaden....
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • American Jedi (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • Here, here. It has gotten pretty tense around here. I fear I will be drafted into some nutty Jedi crusade any second. Glad we can still be a little tongue-in-cheek about it. I am looking at the film as an opportunity. Might be fun to coordinate a viewing on chat.
    • An Answer for Unification- please read I know it's... (Last post by Senan)
    • While this project may be meant to demonstrate that Jedi are not cult members or fractured groups of Star Wars fans, I am afraid that this is exactly what it will demonstrate to those who want to believe that. Naysayers of Jediism will simply point out that we can't even agree on how to best put together a book. And assuming we finally do, they will find each and every reference to Star Wars as a way to discredit Jediism and science-fiction hoopla. And good luck getting a number of different editors to agree on how to properly construct a coherent volume of works from such an incredibly diverse group of contributors. This challenge alone could make it logistically impossible. I believe we will find in the coming years that our online forums, journals, posts, creeds, and teachings from any and all orders will be evidence enough that there are serious and committed Jedi in this world. Recognition is food for the ego, and it can be very dangerous. I will continue to put forth my efforts to becoming a better Jedi and let the world judge me how they will.
    • Bare bones definition of Jediism and what a Jedi i... (Last post by Tarran)
    • I really hope I don't offend anyone here... I mean, here I am, merely a "guest" (still waiting to hear back from my application), though I do feel that I am not quite UNknowledgeable on this... and I realize this is just my opinion, so if I spout some facts (say, about George Lucas, for hypothetical example), it's only in stating what I am basing my opinion on. Now... oh, where to begin? LOL Okay, first I should get the obvious out of the way... there are those who are fans of Lucas' works, and enjoy cosplaying (and hey, who wouldn't sometimes, yeah?), and maybe exert a bit of a tug on things in the mythos in trying to bring them into their day-to-day realities... ...and there are those who know full well the realities of life, and are not seeking to assimilate themselves to any literary or cinematic phenomenon, but who are actively seeking to rise up and hone themselves as beings of virtue and light in their very real life. Now, while the home page of our temple here plainly states things such as, "We are not a community of Star Wars roleplayers", and "The Jedi at this site are not the same as those portrayed within the Star Wars franchise", and clearly makes the discerning distinction that, "Star Wars Jedi are fictional characters that exist within a literary and cinematic universe", it is still wildly plain and obvious to anyone that we *do* get inspiration from the Star Wars mythos. Why do we, though? Let's examine this closely, and look at just one more thing mentioned on the same aforementioned page; "Jediism does not base its focus on myth and fiction but on the real life issues and philosophies that are at the source of myth." That's... the real life issues and philosophies (in the Real World) that are at the source of (the Star Wars) myth(os). In other words, all of the schools of thought... Knightly Virtues from the Chivalric Orders of Medieval Europe, the Noble Eightfold Path of Buddhism, the Ten Commandments of Judeo-Christianity, including elements of the Kanagara of Shintoism in Japan and the Shen/Qi/Jing and Qigong conepts in China, and more... all that was drawn from in Real Life Earth and reflected in Star Wars' retelling of these ancient themes. In the wonderfully fulfilling and challenging curriculum here (truly, I'm frothing over with appreciation! I'm quite impressed with it, and thank you all so very much!), in Lesson One, on Myth (I've *really* gotta get crackin' on finishing it - I'm so red-faced about it lol), there is a wonderful little bonus audio piece with George Lucas being interviewed by Bill Moyers... you all know the one, remember? In it he mentions how he was basically trying to retell the same myths of old, in a new and different way... that he saw all religions as "different ways of seeing the same elephant" (a reference to an old story in itself, familiar to many of us here, I'm fairly certain lol). He mentioned how the story theme he pieced together was to reflect all these things in order to cause us all to think about the higher mysteries of life. This is why it inspires us, because it inspires ALL of us - it speaks of universal truths we've all known in our souls. So, for many of us, who have searched for our path, who have come across such things as the eight-fold path, the Knightly virtues, and other such things as mentioned above, we're familiar with all these things as we apply them to our lives - and how often are we asked, "what religion are you", or perhaps merely, "are you religious", or "do you believe in God", or "what *philosophy* do you follow", or "what ways do you embrace"... or *HOWEVER* it is asked of us... how often do many of us find ourselves tongue-tied with the potential enormity of what we'd want for our *precise* answer? Because yes, we do not want to misrepresent ourselves, as far as where our faith's center would be. "Oh, well, see - I sort of follow some parts of Christianity, but I also lean a bit towards Zen... but I'm not without my deep interests in Rosicrucianism", etc. - it seems a lot easier for me, personally (and I suspect for others as well), to truthfully cover all that ground with, "I'm a follower of Jediism" - which is quite an efficient bridge joining those together of any one, or combination of faiths and philosophies. In fact, perhaps rather Jediism seems to me to be the quintessential "faith extention" - that is to say, I can be a person of the Jewish faith, and be a Jedi - I can be Houdenoshouni and be a Jedi - I can be a follower of Islam, and be a Jedi... Hell, I could even be a Jehovah's Witness and be a Jedi, and there would be utterly *no* conflict, contradiction or even the least bit of abrasiveness against my core faith. If I might utilize a non-religious group for illustration, it's totally like acheiving the third level mastery in Freemasonry, and then capping it off with the Royal Arch degree. It *complements* the core. It's frakkin' beautiful! So for me, this is my opinion on the bare-bones definition of Jediism, as a non-fictional, Real World Earth, functional religious philosophy - because it seems to stem from the truths that all faiths share. Like the home page says, "Jediism does not base its focus on myth and fiction but on the real life issues and philosophies that are at the source of myth". But now on "what a Jedi is"... (in my opinion lol) Now, with all that I mentioned above, would that alone make a person a Jedi? Well, it might make one a monk, if it was purely a spiritual philosohpy that defined one. But a Jedi? A Jedi (at least knights, as opposed to clerics... though clerics, as far as my very limited knowledge of them goes, aren't disallowed) also follows the Way of the Sword. Or, to expand upon this, to those who find swords just a bit too death-dealing a tool for the laws of their personal faiths, yet still believe in self defense, the Way of the Staff. To those differently-abled, whos physical restrictions might not allow this, then the Sword of Mind, Intellect, and Diplomacy. But physical fitness, dexterity, agility, and defensive prowess, to whatever degree able, is also a factor. Do we have a Jedi yet? Well, we might have a warrior monk, or a priestly knight... but a Jedi? What sets the Jedi apart from any other? Think of the Shaolin monk, or the knight alchemist... It is THE FORCE. A Jedi is NOT a Jedi (I'm sure you'd all agree) without the Force. Is the Force also something drawn from Real World Earth cultures? Yes, yes it is... and not just from of old... people to this very day (and quite a lot, here in Asia) use it and work with it in their everyday lives. People elsewhere in the world as well. The alchemists call it "protomatter", or the "quintessence", or the "First Matter"... practitioners of Yoga, Ayurvedic medicine, Tibetan martial arts, they call it "Prana" ("Life Force")... in China, the practice of Qigong focuses shen, qi and jing... jing being the bioelecrtomagnetic essence of the Force. These are all physically observable phenomenae - and one need not spend twenty years in a Shaolin temple in order to familiarize yourself with it, nor even to detect it, accumulate it and even manipulate and focus it. Seriously. People who practice Reiki healing *use the Force* in order to do so - and they have to be able to sense and feel the force between themselves and their patients, and use the flow to balance the imbalances and heal the person in pain. Now, here is where I fear I may be taken wrongly and some of you may get offended - please know that I am not intending to, and, while I'll not sit here and tell you how to feel, I will offer that you need not feel ofended if you'd rather not be. Please do hear me out, my siblings in spirit, and try to see what I mean... I've heard it said that a Jedi "believes in the Force"... but in truth, I could name off a bunch of people who believe that the Force exists, and they themselves will admit that they are not Jedi, and have no interest in following it. So it would seem, that belief in the Force alone dose NOT a Jedi make... in fact, the Reiki practitioner would be more of a Jedi - HE'S *USING* THE FORCE ;) lol Now see? Here is where I mean - those of you out there who believe in the Force, and do follow Jediism in your heart, might see this as my telling you that you are not Jedi - no... rather, I lovingly challenge you, my Good Brothers and Sisters, to take that next step; *USE* the Force. Yes, I do know and understand a lot of you actually, factually do. So obviously, I do not direct this to you. So again, allow me to stress this point - I do realize that there are those of you out there to whom I am telling no new thing - what I say from here will not be news to you, so please do forgive it, my good friends... But to those others who might do themselves better by looking into the reality of Akasa, Qi/Jing, Prana, the Protomatter, the Bioelectromagnetic Field, the Etheric Substance, and get to really know and understand the reality of it, I say work with it - use it - feel its flow and be alive with it. I've tought others how to see, accumulate and manipulate this phenomena - and I myself am about as sharp as a bag of wet mice! I am NO "special" person... I am of modest birth, inexpensive education, and no more endowned with spirit or power than the very next Human Being - I am ordinary. Oh, and I'm klutzy as heck, and I'm goofy to look at, too! LOL But I use the Force - just as anyone else is truly able to do. So yes... belief is well and good - but I submit that you can attain factual proof-based faith in it. So I say, a Jedi of This Real Earth - is also one who stuidies and applies the education that can be attained through learning things like Qigong, Reiki, Ayurvedism, Alchemy, and so on... and then *incorporate* the Force in your lives. If I had to choose a book that could help with understanding the Force through the eyes of Asian martial arts, I would say "T'ai Chi Classics (Shambhala Classics)" by Waysun Liao - isbn# (older 10-digit; 1570627495, more recent 13-digit; 978-1570627491) If I had to choose a book that could help with understanding the Force through the eyes of an Alchemist, I would say "Invisibility: Mastering the Art of Vanishing" by Steve Richards - isbn# (older 10-digit; 1578635535, more recent 13-digit; 978-1578635535) If I were to be more kind, I would say that the latter will help you see the Force with your very own eyes, and to accumulate and form it... and the former will show you how to use it in defense - and in other interestng ways. What I like the best about the former, T'ai Chi Classics, is how simply it explains how there is a very important difference between Chi ("Qi") and Jing - often, we might hear about a martial arts tournament where one opponent makes a certain swishing move, and stops short of touching the other, but then that other opponent seems flung wildly out of the ring... people say the firts one used his Chi - this is not so. He in fact used his Jing. The difference? Remember in school for a science experiment, the teacher may have taken a bar magnet and held it underneath a piece of paper covered with iron filings? And you might then have seen that the particles of iron had, seemingly by magic, all arranged themselves along the lei lines and meridians of the magnetic field? THAT is like unto Chi... if you notice, there is nothing moving there - it's all aligned rather nicely, and it all moved into place, but hten there it stayed. Chi is a template, a direction of flow... it is Jing that is the energy which flows along this course... and it is Jing ("the Force"/"the Essence) wich is what one cultivates, accumulates, takes in and sends forth... I promise you, dear reader, from here on, with a little more get-up-and-go in you, your educating yourself in the ways of the Force can prove to be quite illuminating. It's all out there... it has been for untold thousands of years... Use the Force, my friends - and may the Force be with you.
    • Discussion 0 - Introduction to the Monomyth (Last post by Calanon)
    • For my choice, I have picked Bleach, for alongside Naruto, it was the myth that has brought me to where I am today. The Metaphysical Function: In the beginning of this anime, we see a young man named Ichigo Kurosaki waken to his own powers as a Soul Reaper. The Cosmological Function I'm not entirely sure how to explain this function, but for all practical purposes, he is a teen who lives with a foot in both worlds; the physical and the spiritual. The Sociological Function Other Shinigami look down on Him, thinking him to be a mere human and worthless. Weak. Only one believes in him. The Pedagogical Function As the series progresses, we see the old soul reaper, Urahara Kisuke, as he mentors and guides Ichigo through his journey. This series brought me up in my life better than most anything I've seen or heard. The portion of this story i love the most would be the beginning, where he is awakened to this power within him, because his sister is in danger. This is where his journey begins. Over time, he is awakened to greater and greater power, as the situation exceeds his limits and he has to keep reaching deeper within himself than he ever has before. It is a great example of the hero's journey in many ways. 2. Homer and Lucas both wrote magnificent mythos, that have endured and will continue to do so. They knew how to reach their audience, and did so most masterfully. The audience of homers age is the same audience we have today: humanity. 3. With a background in the occult, I can't say I'm surprised by this article. The collective unconsciousness is a theory that many of us see more as fact. After all, there have always been those people who just knew what was going to be said by another. Or who just know what's about to happen. No explanation or reason for what they know. They just know. It directly related to a belief in the force because the force connects all living things. As that connection, it could very well be that collective unconsciousness, and yet be wilful at the same time. The Hero's journey tells the story of a single person,no matter who they are, and how they become the hero. As Jedi, it affects my path in that I am the Hero. All these stories are just different forms of the Hero, but on a personal level, each Jedi who strives for it is truly the Hero themselves. It relates to the temple in that we could feasibly have an entire order of heroes were all to follow that path that the myth calls us to. -Calanon
    • My vision for a United Jedi Order (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: I will never join a Jedi "order". We have a community. Our individualism is what makes us strong. Spoken like a true Sith :woohoo: (Joke, just fooling around)
    • Jediism, connect multiple communitys and orders. [... (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: Quote: What matters more, I feel is what is most simple: right here, right now, human being to human being... connecting by simply getting together and having a conversation and having some fun, and being in the present moment. That is all connection is. It has nothing to do with groups, or systems, or projects, or anything else. It's just simple being-to-being interaction. What we learn as Jedi (regardless of where that differs between us), all have things in common which will come through in that interaction, most as long as people simply work with those commonalities. I think/feel this is a beautiful statment. :) B) It is a beautiful statement indeed. But I must tell that there must be some kind of system to make it organised, or it will be hard to understand what is happening. I do not tell it must be a all controlling system.. Just some way of knowing what is happening. Big problem.. Finding the key ingredient when making this mess tolerable, fun to search hehe! :blush:
    • Gaia Hypothesis - what do you think of this philos... (Last post by Sheppie)
    • I found some more information about it. The Gaia hypothesis (pronounced GAY-a), named for the Greek Earth goddess Gaea, is a recent and controversial theory that views Earth as an integrated, living organism rather than as a mere physical object in space. The Gaia hypothesis suggests that all organisms and their environments (making up the biosphere) work together to maintain physical and chemical conditions on Earth that promote and sustain life. According to the hypothesis, organisms interact with the environment as a homeostatic (balancing) mechanism for regulating such conditions as the concentrations of atmospheric oxygen and carbon dioxide. This system helps to maintain conditions within a range that is satisfactory for life. Although scientists agree that organisms and the environment have an influence on each other, there is little support within the scientific community for the notion that Earth is an integrated system capable of regulating conditions to sustain itself. The Gaia hypothesis is a useful concept, however, because it emphasizes the relationship between organisms and the environment and the effect that human activities have on them. One of the most spectacular structures ever built, Biosphere 2 is located in the Sonoran Desert at the foot of the Santa Catalina Mountains not far from Tucson, Arizona. It is the world's largest greenhouse, made of tubular steel and glass, covering an area of three football fields—137,416 square feet (12,766 square meters)—and rising to a height of 85 feet (26 meters) above the desert floor. Within the structure, there is a human habitat and a farm for the Biospherians or inhabitants to work to provide their own food. There are five other wild habitats or biomes representing a savannah, a rain forest, a marsh, a desert, and an ocean. Biosphere 2 is completely sealed so no air or moisture can flow in or out. Nearby are two balloon-like structures that operate like a pair of lungs for Biosphere 2 by maintaining air pressure inside. Only sunlight and electricity are provided from outside. On September 26, 1991, four women and four men from three different countries entered the Biosphere 2 and the doors were sealed for the two-year-long initial program of survival and experimentation. During this time, the Biospherians attempted to run the farm and grow their own food in the company of some pigs, goats, and many chickens. They shared the other biomes with over 3,800 species of animals and plants that were native to those habitats. The resident scientists observed the interactions of plants and animals, their reactions to change, and their unique methods of living. The Biospherians also had the assignment of experimenting with new methods of cleaning air and water. On September 26, 1993, the Biospherians emerged from Biosphere 2. It had been the longest period on record that humans had lived in an "isolated confined environment." Unfortunately, the experiment did not live up to expectations. The Biospherians experienced many difficulties, including an unusually cloudy year in the Arizona desert that stunted food crops, rapid growth and expansion of some ant species, and unusual behavior of bees fooled by the glass walls of the structure. In 1996, Columbia University took over operation of the facility, opening a visitors' center later that year. Biosphere 2 has been maintained for study but without human inhabitants. Its future remains uncertain. Read more: www.scienceclarified.com/Bi-Ca/Biosphere.html#ixzz3E7NKuKtH
    • HAPPINESS (Last post by MikeBudo)
    • Greetings Bows If one just practices being happy one will be happy. I also think w should confront the the things that make us unhappyand any inner demons, after all , it is only the self we are looking at . I had to do two exercises quite some time ago one was 'The Cave' which you enter on your own and you must confront your fears and be honest . It was difficult be the reward was pretty good. The second was reading a book called 'I Jedi'. I didn't actually like the book very much but it had some good points about light and dark and coming to terms with your fears and temptations

There are 134 visitors, 11 guests and 32 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, steamboat28, Firewolf, Jestor, Lightstrider, Wescli Wardest, Adhara, Garwa Mayharr, Desolous, Proteus, Reacher, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Rickie The Grey, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, Silvermane, tzb, Senan, jadedbehan, carlos.martinez3, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, TambelSadera, Targeran Arynal, Revan Falton, Yodi, Jeffery Williams, Rahm Atuc, nephilim92, Tarran, Hahnokendovving.

Follow Us