Best star wars movie/scene

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #92613 by
Replied by on topic Re: Best star wars movie/scene
I can't point to one single scene as The Best, there are so many but one scene that needs mentioning is in "The Empire Strikes Back" when Leia is having a hard time with a wrench onboard the Falcon and Han Solo reaches out to help and she pushes him away.
Solo: "Hey, Your Worship, I'm only trying to help."
Leia: "Will you please stop calling me that?!"
Solo: "Sure, Leia."

Han's attitude, the way he's trying to provoce a reaction from her is so funny and the way that Leia's shoulders sack when he says it.... Perfect moment :D

And of course the pure, unadulterated evil of Grand Moff Tarkin as he says "Terminate her. Immediately!"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #92614 by
The most powerful scene (to me) is when Vader reveals to Luke that he is his father. I know, this is the most cliched/overly referenced scene probably in movie history, but it still gives me chills when I watch Luke recoil in horror when Vader breaks the news.

A few years ago, I watched a documentary about the making of the Star Wars series, and I found out that Lucas held back the "I am your father" line until the day of shooting, so that Mark Hamill's reaction would be genuine shock and horror. That just blows me away :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #92642 by
I quite enjoyed Han's reaction to Obi-Wan and Luke in the Millennium Falcon when they were training with the floaty ball.

My main favs were already covered in this thread, such as Han and Leia in the carbonite scene, Obi-Wan yelling at Anakin after lopping off his limbs about how much he cared for him (that one actually made me tear up a bit in the theater), Vader's big reveal to Luke, and Luke's chilling retort to Vader in ROTJ. "Then my father is truly dead."

I'm surprised noone's mentioned the Vader death scene yet, that was a big tear-jerker for me when I was a kid. Moving stuff! :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #92658 by
I usually like random short and funny scenes best my favorite is:

Han: We don't have time to discuss this in committee.
Leia: I am not a committee.

Can't explain why I just crack up every time.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #92659 by

Arawn wrote: I usually like random short and funny scenes best my favorite is:

Han: We don't have time to discuss this in committee.
Leia: I am not a committee.

Can't explain why I just crack up every time.

That one shows how sarcastic Han really is but it also show that Leia can handle it easily. And "return the favour" by calling him 'Flyboy' and the undying "Would it help if I got out and pushed?"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #92661 by
My two favourites are all three Han's because he was the perfect comedic foil. Obviously, Ford (1) loved comedy, or, (2) had no objection to playing a ham.

[IV] The "It was a boring conversation anyway, LUKE WE'RE GONNA HAVE COMPANY!!" scene

[V] The "I'd rather kiss a Wookiee" scene

[V] The "Who's scruffy lookin'?!" scene

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #92662 by
Check, check and check! And not forgetting the look on his face on Endor when he's bypassing the bunker's door lock and accidentally activates the blast doors...hehe...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #92667 by
I think my favorite dramatic/powerful scene is during the last Vader/Luke duel where Vader looses his hand (again), and Luke realizes he's almost gone down the same path as his father.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #92864 by
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVrIyEu6h_E&feature=youtu.be

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 days ago - 11 years 4 days ago #99659 by
All things HOTH!

It's a very innocuous scene and really has no real meaning to anything but when the first transport was fleeing Hoth they cut to the control room and the lady says: Standby Ioncontrol... FIRE. I cant say why I love that part so much but ever since usernames became a thing I have been Ioncontrol. My jeep licence plates are even IONCTRL.
Last edit: 11 years 4 days ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi