Star Wars: The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force - Is it worth buying?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200905 by
So I was looking at some Star Wars books and found this one. From the preview it looks nice, with cool pictures and nice layout. But I'm curious as if it is a good book as far as writing and content go? I've never read anything from the author. I would be glad if you can give a short review here. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200908 by
The Jedi Path is a good read for an introduction. It doesn't go into detail of the Force like we do here but more toward being a Jedi and thier function in the council as well as the classes of Jedi. I wish boot camp was like this book, I'd never leave. It also expands on the mythology of the universe with planetary maps and different creatures. I cannot leave out the descriptions of the seven light saber forms. I bought the book for my birthday and I was not disappointed.

More
8 years 7 months ago #200910 by Whyte Horse
There is a book which has a lot of real jedi history. I forget the name. It was kinda cool to read and they talk all about the websites that came before totjo and some other things worthy of reading. It's kind of useful in understanding the etymology of totjo and who is who here. As for jediism, it's mostly out-dated but good to know so we don't re-invent the wheel, etc.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 7 months ago #200941 by OB1Shinobi
totjo has a IP
so does ijrs
im sure there are others also
and there is a ton of material out there about topics such as qi gong, synchronicity, meditation, the mastery of INTENT, ritual magick, and many other esoteric disciplines

People are complicated.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #200942 by OB1Shinobi

OB1Shinobi wrote: totjo has a IP
so does ijrs
im sure there are others also
and there is a ton of material out there about topics such as qi gong, synchronicity, meditation, the mastery of INTENT, ritual magick, and many other esoteric disciplines

I just realized that you probably are asking about FICTIONAL jedi
carry on

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
8 years 7 months ago #200949 by Breeze el Tierno
It's a fun book. I wouldn't take it too seriously as a spiritual text, but we were all inspired by that Jedi iconography. Read the Book of the Sith too. They do contain at least one very useful message.

There are many ways to interact with the Force. Jedi in the world, myself included, seem to forget that one quite often. I don't mean just light and dark. Many Paths have heart. Many are sincere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200950 by
A friend of mine, Jacob Barger (I think he's a knight here already? I don't remember...), has written an entire course based upon the Jedi Path book. It is a great intro into the Lore, and forces you to examine the material analytically. He also relates it to the "real world" Jedi.

I would suggest approaching him about it if you are serious about reading the book and wanting to use it as a way to get into the Jedi Path.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 7 months ago #200968 by RyuJin
i've already read it, currently reading its companion "book of sith"

there are numerous jedi books available to read and i've read nearly all of them...

the great jedi holocron
the jedi jewel series
jedi training manual
the jedi compass
the grand book of the sith
starwars: the jedi path
starwars: book of sith

and those are just off the top of my head....no matter what the book there is something to be learned about being a jedi. knowledge is everywhere we simply have to see it.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200974 by
Thanks for all the suggestions. Looks like I will have a lot of reading to do for a year:)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi