Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • One step closer to cyborgs? (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • this is only the beginning one day we'll write in our journals by putting on our thinking caps telepathic commands of technology telepathic conversation battles of wits thought crimes polygraph seduction yay
    • R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • thanks leonard nemoy for your most excellent contributions to human imagination! your life made a difference!
    • Live Service - Sunday 1st March 23:00 UTC (Last post by V-Tog)
    • Hi everyone :) I will conducting a live service on Sunday 1st March at 23:00 UTC. It will be the first service/sermon on the new theme of 'Despair, yet Hope'. To check when this service will be taking place in your timezone, please click here. Looking forward to seeing you there!
    • Sometimes... (Last post by Senan)
    • I appreciate that you can construct a valid argument, and you have demonstrated time and again that you can do it skillfully. I'm not trying to defend a claim or solve any dilemmas. I'm making observations about the experiences I have had in my life and how those experiences have informed my reaction to the original post. There are people in this world entirely against censorship in all forms and I'm sure there are people who are entirely for it. There are also people who think some censorship is warranted and some is not. I consider that "the middle ground" as it is between the two extremes. Whether it fits your rules for an argument or dilemma does not matter in this conversation because it is this flawed argument that is actually happening between people everyday. If you're playing by the rules of Poker and I'm playing by the rules of Black Jack, we're never going to be able to play cards together. I understand your desire to hold everyone to the highest of standards, but it is not practical. Censorship in whatever form you choose to define will be something you have to deal with. Not because you tolerate it or favor it, but because you live on a planet with other people who do. As long as anyone tolerates it, it will exist in your reality. How you choose to react to it is exactly that, your choice, but everyone else is making that choice as well and they aren't all making the same one you are. You can be idealistic, and I'm glad you are. Someone has to be, or nothing would ever change. That being said, for you to expect that same level of commitment from everyone else is both naive and dangerous.
    • Let's Talk About Runes (Last post by Kamizu)
    • Runes have always caught my attention but since I had been using Tarot for so long I never looked more into them. I always figured they were just a mystical alphabet that could be used for divination but after reading this I'm even more interested in learning them and about them. Are they the kind of spirits you can shelve for a while and come back to or do they require regular attention to keep happy? Is it better to make your own set with your own intent or buy them? Is each individual physical rune a spirit itself or are they kind of like a phone call back to a single spirit each symbol represents?
    • Using the runes Odin (Last post by MrBruno)
    • Quote: Quote: I noticed and the only reason I read this thread was in hopes that you would explain it further. I never expanded because I just assumed no one was interested. Just for you, I started a new thread on the topic. His topic was very good and really enlightening. It's great to see people who love to share their knowledge with others. Just allow me to disagree, but we are all interested in what you had to share, it was enough to say right here, but either way thank you brother.
    • Unable to stop my anger. (Last post by Loudzoo)
    • I completely agree with you Edan - although for me its all about just one thing: Fear. If I examine my feelings (as Steamboat and Ban suggest) when I'm tense, stressed, angry, frustrated, greedy, it all comes back to a fear of something. The fear of missing out, not getting something, giving the wrong impression, making a mistake, or not making an "optimum" choice. A big one is fear of success - that's a fear that I spend alot of time pretending I don't have. In any case, the fear arises normally because I'm holding on too tight, I've become too attached to an outcome. It's ok to be fearful if something is a big deal, its ok to be fearful over something trivial. Once I realise that its actually fear (not anger, frustration, stress, greed etc) I tend to regain a little perspective. I'm not dealing with a whole host of negative emotions - I'm just dealing with one. I can then tell whether the situation is worth the fear or not. The reality is that we don't really know whats best for us (or anyone else) most of the time. We have incomplete information to make truly informed choices, maybe because we're deluded, but often because that information simply isn't available - there is much we cannot know. Not that I'm the slightest bit qualified to comment andyhaynes but it sounds to me like you're very nearly there. You've identified a problem, you're seeking advice - try isolating the fear next time. If its isolated it won't be able to stick to anything. Apologies - I got a bit preachy at the end there . . .
    • Calming the Mind (Last post by Ratcliffe)
    • In my case it depends on how quick I become aware, in a moment of honesty I still struggle to be aware of myself all the time. I start by realizing I am not present in the eternal now usually I find it is the worrying that makes me leave my mindfulness and presence. Once I am aware I start with breathing (outlined by the barefoot doctor in the library) if I catch it early. If I do not catch it I use grounding techniques. I have pasted some examples at the bottom if you are not familiar with this approach. The last tool I use is not in the moment but more systemic. I do daily medication and since I have started I find that really helps me to remain present. Grounding is a very helpful technique if you find yourself sometimes losing touch with the present moment. Grounding teaches you to stop losing touch with the present moment by concentrating and focusing on the present or by directing your attention to something else. Some Examples of Grounding Touch objects around you, and describe them (texture, color). For example, “I’m sitting on a red chair, and the fabric is really soft; it’s velvet. The carpet is beige, and there is a red couch in the corner.” Run water over your hands, and describe aloud how it feels. Name all the different types of animals you can think of (e.g., zebra, cat, dog, cow, etc…), or types of flowers, cities in B.C., etc… Say the alphabet backwards Calm breathing and progressive muscle relaxation can you help to reduce some of the anxious and tense feelings in your body.
    • In case you were wondering how purchasing TOTJO me... (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • I've been wanting a few things that have the TOTJO logo on them and eventually I'd like to have something with the Code on it too, but anyway. I needed new mugs and thought one of them might as well be a TOTJO mug. Yesterday I got the mug and was quite excited. It came in a giant Styrofoam box (proportionally speaking). Unfortunately it was printed in an awkward spot directly across from the handle. I called cafepress's customer support and they're sending me a replacement without making me have to do any extra work (I get to keep the defective mug). [attachment] This is a stark contrast with Zazzle where I've tried to place two orders and both times they cancelled my order inexplicably (they simply said they couldn't process the order). So, I guess, yay for cafepress!

There are 238 visitors, 3 guests and 18 members online (one in chat): steamboat28, Jestor, Adder, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, scott777ab, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, Silvermane, Seventh son, Mathew Erickson, Goken, Exarchias, den385, MrBruno, Loudzoo, smirq, Atticus509.

Follow Us