How Do You Save the World?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190485 by
Replied by on topic How Do You Save the World?
I think it comes down to giving people credit and faith, we have constantly solved problems humanity has been faced with since the dawn of our existence and I believe we will continue.
There are people and places that might seem lost to peace and love but out of all the things we can learn from our history the one thing that is consistent is change, people change, governments change, borders change, technology changes and our problems change.
I think a deeper question would be, what problems will humanity face in 100 years and how will things change to accommodate them because right now we all what is needed to save the world.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190486 by
To save the world you have to be able to change minds. Its a simple answer just not an easy task.

Then again you have to be more specific. What world are we talking about and from what does it need saving? :dry:

More
8 years 11 months ago #190510 by PatrickB
Replied by PatrickB on topic How Do You Save the World?
exactly Daniel.L

From where do we start your own mind or the perspective of someone . The world need some improvement but there a lot from physical structure of society need's to dealt with . Solution ! solution ! there a lot I think anybody want a better wold here .

But start your own program by that way the saving your going to make sensitively , Can bring great idea's .

The one that posses with a devices is responsible for others . Being at large is brought too my attention . An armor is the key to unarm devices .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #190517 by
Thanks for your posts

Deciding to save the world and what change can be made, for most of us its an assessment of what we value. Humans value things that are desirable and necessary and we want to improve ourselves and strip away bad or undesirable traits in ourselves it's our personal approach, to change ourselves.

However lets just say that humans saved the planet and more correctly that we 'saved the planet from ourselves' and that we did indeed became self-sufficient every single human had enough food and shelter. And that we had saved the world from unclean fossil fuels.

It would have taken a financial investment of money to save the biosphere and if everyone worked to heal our planet and had achieved it, it would have cost us 300 quadrillion dollars to achieve. Could humans raise that much money before its too late and save the planet, perhaps not, we all will suffer climate change and worsening weather.

No one will ever raise enough money in the near future to save the biosphere. Which is the most necessary resource we humans have.

Our most desirable resource is Anti-Matter which would become a valuable resource for its power and energy and could be a cleaner source of energy than oil. To see how much it costs to heal the planet I believe the only solution is mass producing another energy source called Anti-Matter which is worth 65 trillion dollars per gram. But since we only have 5 trillion dollars of us dollars and a total combined value of all fiat currencies in the world is $60 trillion. It seems no one could afford to buy antimatter either.

:lol:

I expect that saving the world would cost a lot of money and if it were possible today to solve the problems by spending money then it wouldn't be a problem. But climate change is not something you can throw money at and neither can we reject technology and live in harmony with nature like our ancestors.

However the solution to our problem of climate change and our addiction to fossil fuels is also much cheaper and in the future when saving the world becomes cost effective we will throw money at it.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190784 by

Ariane wrote: Thanks for your posts

Deciding to save the world and what change can be made, for most of us its an assessment of what we value. Humans value things that are desirable and necessary and we want to improve ourselves and strip away bad or undesirable traits in ourselves it's our personal approach, to change ourselves.

However lets just say that humans saved the planet and more correctly that we 'saved the planet from ourselves' and that we did indeed became self-sufficient every single human had enough food and shelter. And that we had saved the world from unclean fossil fuels.

It would have taken a financial investment of money to save the biosphere and if everyone worked to heal our planet and had achieved it, it would have cost us 300 quadrillion dollars to achieve. Could humans raise that much money before its too late and save the planet, perhaps not, we all will suffer climate change and worsening weather.

No one will ever raise enough money in the near future to save the biosphere. Which is the most necessary resource we humans have.

Our most desirable resource is Anti-Matter which would become a valuable resource for its power and energy and could be a cleaner source of energy than oil. To see how much it costs to heal the planet I believe the only solution is mass producing another energy source called Anti-Matter which is worth 65 trillion dollars per gram. But since we only have 5 trillion dollars of us dollars and a total combined value of all fiat currencies in the world is $60 trillion. It seems no one could afford to buy antimatter either.

:lol:

I expect that saving the world would cost a lot of money and if it were possible today to solve the problems by spending money then it wouldn't be a problem. But climate change is not something you can throw money at and neither can we reject technology and live in harmony with nature like our ancestors.

However the solution to our problem of climate change and our addiction to fossil fuels is also much cheaper and in the future when saving the world becomes cost effective we will throw money at it.

I think that this is the wrong way to view saving the world at least from my perspective as a graduate student in computer science. Instead you need to break the problem up of saving the world into smaller pieces. Think about things one step at a time. In my case I might visualize this as a series of small, but steady scientific breakthroughs that we need to make happen. One way you could do this is, for example, is to create a website for scientific researchers like the kickstarter website where scientists can put up projects for funding from the actual public. Where people could donate to the necessary research that might not get funded otherwise there's a lot of politics in how the government at least in the US funds research. Then for those of us who are scientists like me we join projects and work on things that have an impact on making those scientific breakthroughs. For example, as a computer scientist I could work on energy saving new computer architectures already a hot research topic in the field right now (currently this is outside my area of research)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #191170 by
Thanks,

I am a big fan of grass roots movements and related websites, glad to hear about Kickstarter.com, thanks!

Saving the world means to realise the extent of the problems and make solutions. Some people look at problems and consider them to be obstacles, however if we wanted to save the world we should consider problems to be opportunities.

There are a lot of opportunities...

If we knew all the problems that humans want/need responsibility for, we would have a good idea what the world needs. A lot of people who want to be reasonable they adapt themselves to the world. But what I suggest is if you persist in trying to adapt the world to yourself. Then you will be that agent of change and responsible for progress.

On another note if you just look back in our history of humanity it has advanced itself and gone through several ages it was undirected and no one had overseen the change. And the technology of each age has allowed us luxury and better lifestyles. But humanity is progressing faster and faster and still that change is not directed by anyone, its just many people working on a small piece of the problem.

The ages of humanity such as the Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age and Space Age are becoming shorter and less time is required for each age to develop. I think a lot of research is required to usher in the next age/era which will be one of global abundance.

efuller18 I was providing an overview referring that there are still a huge amount of problems and almost insurmountable. I was questioning that society as a whole just isn't prosperous enough to purchase all the solutions. However technological efficiency is increasing and hopefully we will have cheaper solutions soon.

Peace and Blessings

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #191172 by
I save the world by saving myself.
I go inside to do all the work within myself so that I can reflect out and radiate out the kind of world that I want to live in.

the only thing I can control or influence is myself. I can change my attitude, perceptions, perspective, judgements and etc. I can not change those for other people.

Do everything I can to be the best person I can be in my world.

I let go of the humanity that is around me. If I get trapped in the human world - by reflecting on our history, what we are doing to each other now and so on... - I can become just as angry and bitter as the next person. but If I can rest in the truth and love of the Force, I remain in a high place. In this high place I can see from a wider and broader perspective that allows me to trust that: all is well, everything as it is, life is unfolding perfectly, and that I am here to be that point of light for others.

the world needs my love, acceptance and appreciation. I feel that being a Jedi requires me to love life to the fullest because all of life is a manifestation of the Force. If I love the Force and I love myself, I love all things in my world.

All is truly well.

If people can truly affirm this state of being and love into their world, the world will save itself.

We have to remove the blocks and resistance within ourselves so that others can do it for themselves. Be a beacon of light - be a jedi - let people know that there is a different way to be in the world.

So I suggest that we can come together and collaborate in saving the world by saving ourselves.

This is an inside job.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #191868 by
Hi!

Just found a quote

Don't ask what the world needs,
Ask what makes you come alive!
Because what the world needs..
Is you, to come alive!

Here is the video which resonated with me.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #191874 by

efuller18 wrote: I think that this is the wrong way to view saving the world at least from my perspective as a graduate student in computer science. Instead you need to break the problem up of saving the world into smaller pieces. Think about things one step at a time. In my case I might visualize this as a series of small, but steady scientific breakthroughs that we need to make happen.

Yeah I don't agree here is a video that explains my point of view, we already have the science to overcome the problems we talk about such as becoming carbon neutral or saving the extinction of animal species. It is corruption and inefficient political systems that is stopping our advancement.

This video explains it better:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi