Choosing to go extinct....

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #144464 by Jestor
How, proud to make the decision to not interbreed with other tribes...

How foolish...

How much crow that the tribe had to eat, and too little, too late....

I understand a species like a bird dying out, like the do-do, but to make that decision... Wow...

I wonder at what point did they realize the 'aw crap' factor?

I might have to read that book....

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #144466 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Choosing to go extinct....
It's quite sad that something they presumably did to preserve their lineage caused it to end.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
10 years 1 week ago #144477 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Choosing to go extinct....
Women cheat on their husbands and bear children not belonging to said husbands. They lie to their husbands and pass the child off as his - A lineage dies.

Couples adopt children instead of having children of their own - A lineage dies

The only child of a family dies in an accident or out of a tragic event such as war or murder - A lineage dies.

Does lineage even matter anymore, with as many people as there are?

How many of our ancestors were adopted and never told?

How many of us are the descendants of bastard children born of a whore wife?

How many of us are the bastard children born of whore wives?

How can we be sure our own lineage is pure and what we think it to be?

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 1 week ago #144483 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Choosing to go extinct....
(Raises hand).....I'm a bastard child....by definition a bastard/bitch child is one that is born out of wedlock...I know who my real father is, and it isn't the one on my birth certificate...how do I know? Because my mother wasn't the only one with this information...the sir name I bear is the result of old world values in which a daughter was forbidden to have a child out of wedlock..the forced marriage ended when I was born 3months later...I've seen the paperwork and done the research for 22years to find and verify my lineage...if I don't have children then my lineage dies with me...does it matter? Not really...my patriarchal lineage dies the matriarchal lineage continues because of my siblings (half brother, half sister) and cousins...how many bloodlines throughout history have ceased to exist, so long as some of my teachings live on, I live on....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Zenchi

More
10 years 1 week ago #144501 by Wescli Wardest
I’m not entirely sure what bastard children and women being portrayed as whores has to do with a race choosing to die out? I also don’t understand why women seem to carry the burden of the title whore when it takes two to tango. I’m sure that in most cases the guy knows what he’s getting in to.

But I guess that is beside the point I got from the original post.

I feel it has to do a lot with how you view your lineage. If you trace it from the father’s side then males can only spread their seed by mating with someone of another surname. But if you track it through the mother’s side then you have more leeway. As couples marry, the name passes on to the new lineage and the sheer number of available partners reduces. If you trace it through the woman then one clan may have many names but only a few direct descendants. It also helps to eliminate the slander of women for continuing the lineage. Which when a man does it he is called a stud for siring so many children.

Celtic society
"there is plenty of evidence of ancient societies where women held greater power than in many societies today. For example, Jean Markale's studies of Celtic societies show that the power of women was reflected not only in myth and legend but in legal codes pertaining to marriage, divorce, property ownership, and the right to rule.”
- Margot Adler

Matrilineality is a system in which descent is traced through the mother and maternal ancestors. Matrilineality is also a societal system in which one belongs to one's matriline or mother's lineage, which can involve the inheritance of property and/or titles. A matriline is a line of descent from a female ancestor to a descendant (of either sex) in which the individuals in all intervening generations are mothers – a mother line. In a matrilineal descent system an individual is considered to belong to the same descent group as her or his mother. This matrilineal descent pattern is in contrast to the more common pattern of patrilineal descent from which a family name is usually derived. The matriline of historical nobility was also called her or his enatic or uterine ancestry, corresponding to the patrilineal agnatic ancestry.
Example cultures or societies include the Cherokee, Choctaw, Gitksan, Haida, Hopi, Iroquois, Lenape, Navajo, and Tlingit of North America; the Minangkabau people of West Sumatra, Indonesia and Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia; the Nairs of Kerala and the Bunts of Karnataka in south India; the Khasi, Jaintia and Garo of Meghalaya in northeast India; eastern Sri Lanka; the Mosuo of China; the Basques of Spain and France; the Akan including the Ashanti of west Africa; the Tuaregs of west and north Africa; most Jewish communities; and the Serer of Senegal, the Gambia and Mauritania.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrilineality

In these societies it is possible for men to sire many offspring and women to maintain long standing and strong lineages.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi