The Force Explained

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #174271 by
Replied by on topic The Force Explained
All said and done, the more I learn, the more I realized that I do not know. Years ago when I first began using the Tarot to help people find better choices, I soon learned that Tarot was more than just pictures on cards and parlor games. You can study forever and never graduate. But when I pick up that deck to read for a querent, there is an indescribable feeling that flows from head to neck, to shoulders, to arms, to hands. It is not noticeable at all times. But there it is when I begin a reading. Once without thinking, but with feeling deep compassion for an injured cat, I felt the same Force flow and directed it to the cat who recovered and was able to nurse her kittens.
Not something I talk about with many people.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #174313 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic The Force Explained

Veran_Seawolf wrote: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

I leave this here for discussion. Could this potentially be science discovering what we understand as the force?

No, it couldn't. Not only because there isn't a 'we' with any consistent, much less coherent 'understanding as the Force' of anything, but also because even among the countless suggested 'definitions' 'we' came up with, even those that are remotely coherent have naught to do with the Higgs particle whatsoever.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #174316 by

Gisteron wrote:

Veran_Seawolf wrote: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

I leave this here for discussion. Could this potentially be science discovering what we understand as the force?

No, it couldn't. Not only because there isn't a 'we' with any consistent, much less coherent 'understanding as the Force' of anything, but also because even among the countless suggested 'definitions' 'we' came up with, even those that are remotely coherent have naught to do with the Higgs particle whatsoever.

Fair enough. I have been excited about the implications of the theory and obviously i got myself a little carried away and of course my experience in more organized religion (ie Christianity) leads me to tend towards an inclusive "we". For me the points that seem familiar is the idea of the boson field being a type of energy that spreads through every particle in the known universe.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #174317 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The Force Explained
From a 'unified nature of everything being of the same stuff' perspective, I think it could be said that 'particles' are just names given to consistent patterns/types of that stuff, and because they keep looking for smaller and smaller stuff they keep saying its more and more fundamental to everything bigger and uglier than it
:lol:
Now they are so hard to find they have to have theoretical math pointing to possible results and then spend a lot of money trying to find them in the hope they will be useful in some way. In this regard though then yes it does help to explain the Force I think.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Adder.

More
9 years 4 months ago #174318 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The Force Explained

JemRose wrote: Once without thinking, but with feeling deep compassion for an injured cat, I felt the same Force flow and directed it to the cat who recovered and was able to nurse her kittens.
Not something I talk about with many people.

Kewl, I think compassion is a great vehicle to connect to healing potential. My cat got diabetes from the result of a stressful even, bad diet and probably bad genes, and I was able to work with her to help her recover completely from it. She is now about 4 months without any symptoms, tests normal and no needles or medication required. She has never been healthier!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
9 years 3 months ago #174516 by Hitira38
Replied by Hitira38 on topic Re:The Force Explained
When you create the mind as internal and the rest of the world as external, you has disconnected yourself from your environment, as it is the starting point of dysfunctional labeling.

HN

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 weeks ago #187018 by
Sorry for the late response,

I have really been reading through your comments and I think everyone has slightly altered my perception it took a while to understand every post because I was so sure and certain with my ideas that I had almost fixed beliefs with science.

I have been reading more books since my last post and no scientific idea is actually certain and every scientific law is subject to change according with our observation. Most of the complex science is very simplified because the universe is so complex that any detailed answer will be usually wrong. Therefore science aims for simple solutions which also is usually wrong in science.

Their are people, Leonardo da Vinci, Albert Einstein, Sir Isaac Newton, Galileo, Edmund Halley that make paradigms of the era they live which help change our collective human conciousness a paradigm more fixed in its truth but not unchangeable. Which is why I think communication is really important to enhance our understanding and without books or education or other people I would be worshipping fire and dancing around a Golden cow.

However Jediisim is still something I would like to look into to alter my beliefs but I recently stopped the Jedi Initiate Program due to difficulties because I discovered through TOTJO that I am quite protective about my beliefs which makes me quite ignorant and bigoted. But because I can read and re-read your posts then I get a small enlightenment about the mysteriousness of Jedi central belief in that of the 'force' admittedly its definition probably not as important as the many other sixteen Jedi Teachings.

Where as while I value Christian principles, they have a dogma in their teachings about this 'God' character. I came here expecting a similar dogma or cult like behaviour and so I wanted to make an example of this website and the people who talked in here. Bizarrely I have actually used these teachings learned something and its helped me improve myself.

Thanks and I will be posting some more science stuff which i think is cool

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #187041 by
Thanks everyone,

Here is my view on the force, if your sensitive to believing your own interpretation then please read no further. However since I had such a good response, I think I would like to share my views this is not just my view many others also share.

View Point One:
  • There is no 'unified force' that connects all matter and life forms
  • There is a separate set of four forces that interact within the universe, that we can observe.
  • I know we can feel/see these forces through a limit of five senses
  • I now 'think' of these 'four forces' as like shape and geometry with a form of attraction just shapes converging, colliding, separating ..

View Point Two:
  • I 'think' of these four forces as a unified single force connecting all things
  • I view this 'single unified force' as a frequency of vibration a sort of radiation permeating

View Point Three:
  1. All we can see touch and feel, makes up 9% of the universe so there is 91% more 'stuff' in the universe that we cannot observe so whatever knowledge we do gain from observation can only ever explain 9% of creation in a simple primitive way.
  2. I think we haven't evolved enough 'to feel' the unified force because it is acting so weakly upon us and it wasn't biologically efficient or effective to grow our senses beyond our five normal senses.
  3. I also believe there is a 'unified force' and perhaps it existed at the beginning of time but it became unstable and 'disappeared'
  4. We are one whole universe who is 'seemingly' separate and solid but we are far more connected than we believe
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by .

More
9 years 1 week ago #187042 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic The Force Explained
Ariane, are you saying you're ignorant and bigoted? Why? I'm curious about what troubles you in the Initiates Program so much that you stopped. It's not an indoctrination. You may not agree with some of it and that's fine.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 week ago #187044 by

Br. John wrote: Ariane, are you saying you're ignorant and bigoted? Why? I'm curious about what troubles you in the Initiates Program so much that you stopped. It's not an indoctrination. You may not agree with some of it and that's fine.

Dear Br. John

During the Initiate Program, I felt an overwhelming feeling of inspiration and emotional release from years of believing in divine infinite punishment at the hands of evil and equally good deities. These Christians (which is my religion of birth) made me vow to enter their faith at seven years old and the more I learned the more fearful I became of God.

Thus any change to that belief however 'good' it makes me feel, makes me nervous. Such as exchanging one fearful religion into another evil religion and other type people/characters that could lurk on the internet. The fact is the Initiate program was too powerful in its ability to strip away those myths surrounding God that I felt 'different'.

The videos spoke to me and i was afraid.

Love and Light xx

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi