Philosophy and the Sciences class

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #163567 by
Jedi,

There is a class upcoming on coursera.org called Philosophy and the Sciences . The tagline reads:

'Learn about the historical and philosophical foundations of contemporary science. Explore cutting-edge debates in the philosophy of the physical sciences and philosophy of the cognitive sciences.'

I am so doing this one. It's literally right up my alley. Like, literally. Anyone else interested? It would be nice to have other Jedi with which to work through some of the subject matter.

Starts Oct 20, lasts 8 weeks, takes only 1-3 hours of work a week.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #163578 by Edan
I have like, no life, already, but that course looks pretty good so I am very tempted..

I'm sure I can squeeze in an hour or two somewhere in my life...

Screw it, I've signed up. I'm in.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 5 months ago #165783 by Edan
This course started the other day...

I haven't had a chance to look at it particularly yet.. have you decided what track to take Des?

I'm thinking, because of the work I'm doing anyway at the moment, I will probably just go with the cognitive science because that's what is relevant to the degree I'm taking. Plus I'm not sure I can handle doing all the work for both tracks and staying sane with everything else I'm doing. I'm not entirely sure yet I will be able to do the peer assessments, but I'm going to try my best to do them.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #165784 by
Replied by on topic Philosophy and the Sciences class
Most definitely the cognitive science route, as that is more in line with my mental health bafkground. It will be a challenge to knock this out, but I'm sure you're up to it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #167669 by
Replied by on topic Philosophy and the Sciences class
fell a little behind, but im back wit a vengeance. 9/10 on week 2 quiz yesterday. booya. i would love to get a certificate with distinction in this. i framed the last one i got in neuroecon.

More
9 years 4 months ago #167673 by Edan
I have to be honest and say I haven't been able to do the work.. I thought I could, and ordinarily I could, but my day to day work is long days right now and it's made me too tired to think :(

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi