Non-Conformity...

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 8 months ago #156607 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Non-Conformity...

Khaos wrote:

Brenna wrote: I am regularly reminded by a rather clever person that I know, that it takes far more genius to operate creatively and uniquely within a defined framework than it does to throw out all the rules and do as you please.

I personally see value in being comfortable with both. There' a certain fluidity and freedom to it.

Well, it worked for Palpatine :evil:

Sure. But he wasnt an evil emperor because of his ability to work within the system.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Alexandre Orion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 8 months ago #156624 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Non-Conformity...

Brenna wrote:

Khaos wrote:

Brenna wrote: I am regularly reminded by a rather clever person that I know, that it takes far more genius to operate creatively and uniquely within a defined framework than it does to throw out all the rules and do as you please.

I personally see value in being comfortable with both. There' a certain fluidity and freedom to it.

Sure. But he wasnt an evil emperor because of his ability to work within the system.

What made him evil then? Defending the empire against terrorists? Trying to rehabilitate a terrorist instead of killing him right away?

Goken wrote:

Senan wrote:

Goken wrote: Not conforming just to not conform is the same as conforming as far as I'm concerned.

I think you just accurately defined "Hipster" :cheer:

Isn't it great how they all don't conform in the exact same way? lol :P

I'm still not sure whether conformist attempts at expressing individuality are very funny or very sad. I certainly wish they'd stop littering the planet with their iphones...

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156679 by
Replied by on topic Non-Conformity...

Brenna wrote:

Khaos wrote:

Brenna wrote: .

Wasn't that fiction?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156704 by
No, corrupt people in politics manipulate things all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156706 by

Brenna wrote:

Khaos wrote:

You find this distinction important somehow?

More
9 years 8 months ago #156715 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Non-Conformity...
There are always things that don’t completely make sense to me…
I have been watching this conversation for a while (since it started) and as I would have expected, it seems that everyone is a non-conformist and special in their own way.

Normal
conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.

Common
occurring, found, or done often; prevalent.
synonyms:
usual, ordinary, familiar, regular, frequent, recurrent, everyday;

It seems to me that if everyone is a non-conformist, then that is the most common and is the ‘norm.’ :unsure:
And I wonder if the people that are accused of being normal or conformist would agree or believe they are special too? :dry: This all kind of sounds like another celebration of mediocrity to me. :pinch:

Congratulations to everyone that has successfully conformed to being a non-conformist. :woohoo:

Rebels rule! ;) :P

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156732 by

Khaos wrote: No, corrupt people in politics manipulate things all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

He's still fiction?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156750 by
As much as Jedi are, but people still made a religion out of it....

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 8 months ago #156755 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Non-Conformity...

Wescli Wardest wrote: There are always things that don’t completely make sense to me…
I have been watching this conversation for a while (since it started) and as I would have expected, it seems that everyone is a non-conformist and special in their own way.

Normal
conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.

Common
occurring, found, or done often; prevalent.
synonyms:
usual, ordinary, familiar, regular, frequent, recurrent, everyday;

It seems to me that if everyone is a non-conformist, then that is the most common and is the ‘norm.’ :unsure:
And I wonder if the people that are accused of being normal or conformist would agree or believe they are special too? :dry: This all kind of sounds like another celebration of mediocrity to me. :pinch:

Congratulations to everyone that has successfully conformed to being a non-conformist. :woohoo:

Rebels rule! ;) :P

Lol...all the non conformists found their way to totjo....we're a collective of non conformity... :lol:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #156759 by

Khaos wrote: As much as Jedi are, but people still made a religion out of it....

Right, but people are alive and real they have the challenge/choice/blend of conformity or non. Palpatine is shaped by the writer to be what ever he, the writer, wants him to be.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi