What is TTIP and why should we be angry about it?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #199193 by
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/aug/03/ttip-what-why-angry-transatlantic-trade-investment-partnership-guide?CMP=fb_gu

The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership may sound boring, but it could affect everything from your income to the food you eat and the state of the NHS. Here is a beginners’ guide to the controversial trade deal

Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #199214 by
This makes me deeply Concerned. Thanks for the share, shared it on my facebook and signed the petition. They are getting out of hand with the chemicals in food!

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #199241 by Brenna
I have been going on and on about this thing for what feels like 2 years already. Since the very first documents of the Trans Pacific partnership were leaked. IT.IS.A.BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.THING.

Seriously. the only benefit that this has is that it allows corporations a great deal more freedom. It will not, and simply cannot benefit the average citizen of any of the countries involved. The very fact that the terms of it were and still are being kept as hidden as possible should be a massive red flag.

Like the trans pacific version of the deal its sole purpose is to protect and foster the "rights" of business to make profits, at any cost.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Brenna.

More
8 years 8 months ago #199250 by OB1Shinobi
i hate to be doom and gloom but things are not going to get better - theyve been getting progressively worse for decades and the trend is not slowing in pace or in scope
there really is what amounts to an "evil empire" and it really is taking over

and it really is very, very bad

People are complicated.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi