Beings of Nature or Great Spirits or just coincidence?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198740 by

Attachment h0933c10.jpg not found

This is picture of Calbuco volcano in Chile about 3 months ago. If You look closely you can clearly recognize two mysterious beings . The first ones body is from volcanic eruption, red fire and black smoke with its eyes and "face" from lightning bolts, the second on the left, only half of the size of the first one, is like transparent spectre , eyes and head and shoulder from lightning and by lightning connected to the first one.
In the same moment i saw this picture i can recall the description of Morgoth and his servant Sauron from The Silmarillion book from J.R.R.Tolkien. It is amazing how the description of these two big spirits (Valar and Maiar) in this book is absolutely identical with this picture. (originally came from Norse mythology rewrite by now the famous writer )
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198762 by
Pretty awesome picture.

Coincidence. :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #198768 by Ben
Coincidence, for me...

It's interesting though...it took me a long time studying the photograph in conjunction with your explanation before I could see either of them. I had to take an almost mathematical approach to it to find what you saw.

However, before I even read your post I immediately saw a huge face in the red smoke itself - the mouth being the triangular indentation about a quarter of the way up the edge of the smoke, the nose being between the two relatively parallel bits of lightning that go more or less horizontally across the middle of the smoke (the trailing leg of your first spirit and the lightning directly above it), and the eyes the two dark circles in the smoke on either side of the nose, just below where the red smoke turns into black.

Always good to have a reminder that what we see 'clearly' is often perceived entirely differently by others. ;)

But anyway, as LTK said...great photo. :)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198773 by
The picture is fantastic, but the shapes are coincidence or alterations. Like when clouds look like things or a grilled cheese looks like Jesus.

One of the reasons I like watching thunderstorms during the day is that they feel like climactic battles between super powerful beings in the sky. During particularly violent storms I tend to make jokes about Goku and Vegeta sparring again. :laugh:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi