EVE Online?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #195514 by
EVE Online? was created by
Does anyone here play EVE? I tried playing it some years back and never really got into it. But I recently decided to give it another try and I'm rather enjoying it. So does anyone else play? I'm kind of hoping to find a corporation(?) to join or maybe create one once I get the hang of the game. Either way would be fun.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #195520 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic EVE Online?
I play but sporadically . Feel free to add me though!

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

We have a Corp but it's very small and we're not on much. But you're welcome to join if you'd like! We're out in Amarr space. Legion of the Heavens. Although we're looking into a 0.0 Corp right now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #195589 by
Replied by on topic EVE Online?
I've played it off and on for the past five years or so, I go through phases of getting really into it and then kind of getting bored of it :P Right now I'm kind of in between both phases lol, but I always keep myself up-to-date with the latest developments and news etc.

You're welcome to add me:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I'm kind of carebearing with this character by focusing on industry and the market, which it turns out I'm rather good at :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #195592 by
I wish I had time for online games. :( I used to play a political simulator called CyberNations. it was BAD ASS.

More
8 years 9 months ago #195612 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic EVE Online?
I play off and on just like everyone else come and go in phases if I knew more people were playing I may re sub
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 9 months ago #195616 by Tellahane

Akkarin wrote: I've played it off and on for the past five years or so, I go through phases of getting really into it and then kind of getting bored of it :P Right now I'm kind of in between both phases lol, but I always keep myself up-to-date with the latest developments and news etc.

You're welcome to add me:

I'm kind of carebearing with this character by focusing on industry and the market, which it turns out I'm rather good at :P

That's kinda where I am now, my main is a 100mil sp toon, it has flown a wyvern for a period of time in 0.0 to now its an explorer, that can also mine, and my alt is a perfect orca pilot with all the trimmings so I can do solo mining ops when I just need something relaxing and go exploring for a change of pace if needed on my main toon, neither are terribly profitable because i stay hi-sec for it all but it's all I got atm. I did the whole l4 grind for awhile, had a high end marauder and things, I've done the small scale pvp to the big 0.0 cap war's to pos holds and breaks, dreads and triage carriers, the only thing I really haven't done is gotten heavy into crafting which I'd still like to do, but its hard to get into that solo, and most corps when they see my 100mil sp toon that has perfect tank and almost perfect gank skills, they tend to not let me anywhere near their industry corps, so I just have my own between me and my alt and we have a blast having conversations with each other ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #195768 by

Tellahane wrote: I did the whole l4 grind for awhile, had a high end marauder and things, I've done the small scale pvp to the big 0.0 cap war's to pos holds and breaks, dreads and triage carriers, the only thing I really haven't done is gotten heavy into crafting which I'd still like to do, but its hard to get into that solo, and most corps when they see my 100mil sp toon that has perfect tank and almost perfect gank skills, they tend to not let me anywhere near their industry corps)

That all sounds pretty awesome :D I've always wanted to fly capitals (just because they are huge!). Have you thought about returning with the updates to Sov mechanics and the move from hitpoint based capturing/grinding to constellation based faction-warfare-style influence? Admittedly I don't pay much attention to the details, because it isn't something I do but that's the gist of it.

I was doing L4's in a 1.5bil faction-fit Tengu until absent-mindedness got me suicide-ganked by a dozen Thrashers :dry: I kind of rage-quit that character after and decided to do something different with my time :P So I am heavy into manufacturing now (making T2 Rigs) which is a much more time-friendly way of making money than spending hours at a time running missions lol.

I can't really be bothered to mine, the only time I do is when there's an op happening or if I have some time to kill between doing things. I'm trying out datacore harvesting and PI too at the moment to keep some variety in my playing, otherwise I'm worried I'd get bored again!

More
8 years 9 months ago #195801 by Tellahane

Akkarin wrote: That all sounds pretty awesome :D I've always wanted to fly capitals (just because they are huge!). Have you thought about returning with the updates to Sov mechanics and the move from hitpoint based capturing/grinding to constellation based faction-warfare-style influence? Admittedly I don't pay much attention to the details, because it isn't something I do but that's the gist of it.

Flying the chimera was actually fun, I was able to use it for a few l5's briefly before there was just always people watching the area to gank it, wish I could go back to doing that, mostly I used it for pos operations and jumping supplies back and forth, triage repping shields back up etc. The dreadnaught pheonix was ok, I got to use it twice, once to siege a defenseless pos, and another time in an l5, which was actually fun but again the campers and pvp was everywhere so never had an opportunity to play with it properly, and the whole cyno jumping thing was like oh btw I'm doing l5's here on the map(though I think thats fixed now).

The wyvern supercarrier, I put in 21bil isk into that thing. It had perfect tank, officer fit everything, I had maxed skills to fly it. Not being able to dock sucked. For 2 months I sat in it at a pos, standing by every night to every other night for a need to hot-drop it, and while there was some cap fights, the other 0.0 sov's had supers on their own they could escalate with so only once did I ever get a chance to drop it on 2 gallente carriers, and when I did, one of em wasn't pointed. I decimated the other one with bombers though, then warped, cloaked jumped back. I sold it just before the supercarrier nerfs hit, for a whopping 17bil, and that money got wasted in other ships for pvp and pos projects that failed miserably so I'm back to being mostly broke. It was amazing for that one battle, but 2 months of sitting on your butt unable to do anything(I worked on my mining alt at the time) was just not worth the reward in the end.

Akkarin wrote: I was doing L4's in a 1.5bil faction-fit Tengu until absent-mindedness got me suicide-ganked by a dozen Thrashers :dry: I kind of rage-quit that character after and decided to do something different with my time :P So I am heavy into manufacturing now (making T2 Rigs) which is a much more time-friendly way of making money than spending hours at a time running missions lol.

I had a suicide group come after my golem once, but I was omni-tanked and they didn't expect that at all, I actually managed to kill the tackler(cause they only had 1 there for some reason), but for the most part they left me alone. I try and keep my l4 ships around a bil or less for that reason, I also only hang out in mission hubs that have about 50 pilots in them on a good day.

Akkarin wrote: I can't really be bothered to mine, the only time I do is when there's an op happening or if I have some time to kill between doing things. I'm trying out datacore harvesting and PI too at the moment to keep some variety in my playing, otherwise I'm worried I'd get bored again!

I did it just to refine and sell minerals for awhile, I'd love to set up a high sec pos and do manufacturing and things but it just seems so restricted and cost so much just to get that little bonus that if you don't have a high amount of minerals coming in and crafting being done 24/7 with reasonable margins it's not worth all the effort. And then of course you got wardec's to deal with, but I think they just changed all that crafting and factory stuff again too. I haven't looked at all the recent changes yet.

Again if there was a group here that wanted to do hi sec op's for awhile I may re-sub both my toons, at the very least I can plant my perfect buff orca outside a station in a system and buff the corp on one of my monitors while I'm programming all day, maybe do some mining too(which is what I was doing last time). I have the tech 2 cargo expander rigs on it so I can do the full 191k m3 of storage, and I think with buffs my main mining with his near perfect setup I was filling it up in about 1.5hrs at the slowest of ore. Sometimes 50-60minutes if I was on top of the mining and had some big roids where I wasn't constantly switching targets(a pain in the butt with strip miner 2's)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #196501 by

Tellahane wrote: Flying the chimera was actually fun, I was able to use it for a few l5's briefly before there was just always people watching the area to gank it

A friend in an old corp (who once just gave me 1 bil ISK :ohmy:) used to run L5s, he used to run 7 accounts with salvagers and scouts everywhere lol, he made silly money each week...

Tellahane wrote: The wyvern supercarrier, I put in 21bil isk into that thing.

lol I wish I had that amount of money :P

Tellahane wrote: I had a suicide group come after my golem once, but I was omni-tanked and they didn't expect that at all, I actually managed to kill the tackler(cause they only had 1 there for some reason), but for the most part they left me alone. I try and keep my l4 ships around a bil or less for that reason, I also only hang out in mission hubs that have about 50 pilots in them on a good day.

Well you see I think they target mission hubs, because they know they can be sure of lots of people being there (which sucks), but if I was ever to do it again I would probably fit a Golem because the EHP is so much higher than an active shield fit Tengu.

Tellahane wrote: I think they just changed all that crafting and factory stuff again too. I haven't looked at all the recent changes yet.

Yup, they released an update for it 1/2 patches ago, that's when I decided to give it ago so I never experienced the old system but the new one is really easy and straightforward to use so I am greatly enjoying it!

Tellahane wrote: Again if there was a group here that wanted to do hi sec op's for awhile I may re-sub both my toons, at the very least I can plant my perfect buff orca outside a station in a system and buff the corp on one of my monitors while I'm programming all day, maybe do some mining too(which is what I was doing last time). I have the tech 2 cargo expander rigs on it so I can do the full 191k m3 of storage, and I think with buffs my main mining with his near perfect setup I was filling it up in about 1.5hrs at the slowest of ore. Sometimes 50-60minutes if I was on top of the mining and had some big roids where I wasn't constantly switching targets(a pain in the butt with strip miner 2's)

Well I'm always up for whatever lol, but Incursions running would probably be a good pursuit to do, except my igh-sec alliance is currently in a war :P

Yeah whenever I mine it's because I'm doing something else at the same time lol, for myself it's normally writing essays or reading or something, because you only have to pay attention once every few minutes lol. That being said my skills aren't amazing so I do it much slower than yourself!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi